Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#565 2009-05-03 12:12:17

aswihart
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

Awesome Nathan, you are the man, problem solved!

I haven’t tried smd_tags yet, but personally I like using the Keywords field so you don’t have to go and create tags before you use them (as with the “category tags” in smd_tags).

Last edited by aswihart (2009-05-03 12:15:03)

#566 2009-05-03 12:56:36

Agogo

Superb Nathan!
Well try it out and look for bugs or problems with multi-byte characters. Ill stay in touch.

#567 2009-05-03 17:24:21

floodfish
Website

Just wanted to report back that my undeletable keyword issue was resolved via some scorched-earth tactics. I tried a bunch of things—including deleting and recreating all the keywords and uninstalling and reinstalling tru_tags. I wish I knew what exactly fixed things. Luckily it was for a new site without any real content yet, so it was fairly painless.

Congrats on the release of 3.5!

#568 2009-05-04 12:27:13

merz1
Website

@Nathan I tried to upload 3.5 a couple of times and even restarted my firefox but tru_tags did not upload.

Is tru_tags scratching the size limits?

During the upload I start to see the code preview form and it is filled with the PHP code but it always stops at one line or another. Right now the upload hangs at the line td(yesnoRadio(TAGS_IN_FEED_BODY.

Any idea?

Last edited by merz1 (2009-05-04 12:27:35)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#569 2009-05-04 13:27:32

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Markus,

I was able to upload the plugin to my live site without a problem, but I’ve been worried for some time that I’ll hit the size limits. I know it’s possible to create a ‘compressed’ plugin, but I don’t know how – can anyone point me to instructions?

#570 2009-05-04 14:26:16

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

truist wrote:

I know it’s possible to create a ‘compressed’ plugin, but I don’t know how – can anyone point me to instructions?

ied_plugin_composer provides a function which generates zipped plugins.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#571 2009-05-04 15:56:51

merz1
Website

@Nathan FYI: By now I have tried some more times and the code preview is always stuck at this point:

function tru_tags_admin_update_prefs() {
    global $tru_tags_prefs;
    $results = array();
    foreach ($tru_tags_prefs as $pref) {
        $valid_value = $pref->validate_value(gps($pref->name));
        if ($valid_value && $valid_value <> gps($pref->name)) {
            return $valid_value;  ### this is a sneaky way to handle validation - sorry ;)
        }
        if ($valid_value <> $pref->value) {
            if (

I get this result after I’ve copied the ‘txt’ from just below the dotted line until the end.

The upload seems to work fine (the page switches) but the decryption starts fast but hangs after a while when rendering the code preview form.

Ist there a way to get a more verbose output/diagnosis?

Last edited by merz1 (2009-05-04 15:57:08)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#572 2009-05-04 22:48:36

truist
Plugin Author
Website

I just tried it again on my site, and it worked fine. Maybe we have some configuration difference in our respective web servers. I don’t think it could possibly be anything specific to tru_tags, as the code preview is meant to be done in a non-plugin-specific way. I’m hoping that it’s just some sort of size limit. You could try checking your server error logs, and/or setting your site to ‘debug’.

I know of ied_plugin_composer, but I’ve always used the old-style plugin template, and I haven’t wanted to switch because I have scripts built up around the way the old template works. But maybe I’ll have to. Are there any other options?

#573 2009-05-04 22:55:35

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

I also had no problem installing 3.5

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#574 2009-05-05 08:40:56

merz1
Website

Tried again. No success. Can’t see any errors but will dive deeper later.
Just wondering as this is the 1st time I am experiencing problems when updating tru_tags.

• At the moment I will not use the auto-complete feature and so I did not install the jQuery Autocomplete plugin. Might this be a problem?

Is there any database access during the installation?
Could there be a problem when using a huge amount of keywords?

If I find some spare time I will try to use SSH access and try to install locally via lynx text browser :)

#575 2009-05-05 16:56:33

truist
Plugin Author
Website

I think Textpattern works hard to make sure that no plugin code is actually executed during the install process, or even until you switch the plugin to ‘on’ in the admin. They’re watching out for security risks – you are essentially dropping unknown code onto your server, and it could do anything, so that’s why they give you the code preview before installing the code. So… anything that happens before the plugin is actually turned on, almost necessarily can’t have anything to do with the specifics of that plugin. So I it seems very unlikely that your keywords, or the presence of the Autocomplete plugin, could have anything to do with it. I can also confirm that there is no database access at any time, until the plugin is first used.

#576 2009-05-05 18:14:44

merz1
Website

Thanks Nathan for the info. I thought in the same direction but not so precisely :)

I had no success in the afternoon so I think I have to ask my ISP for a reason. I hate to talk to those support guys with their standard ‘update to a bigger server’ approach :(

Board footer