Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#241 2007-04-04 06:53:05

merz1
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

… You can make two calls to tru_tags_handler. In one of the calls, set status=“sticky”. In the other call, leave that attribute off (or set status=“live”). …

That is exactly the behavior how it has to be done with txp:article for single articles since 4.0.4.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#242 2007-04-05 13:58:52

merz1
Website

@Nathan: A tru_tags_related cloud for article lists?

Doing if-statements which result in article lists … those lists could have an additional tag cloud, couldn’t they?

Would be a very valuable feature for txp:if_search, txp:if_section, txp:if_category, …

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#243 2007-04-05 14:18:30

shotoshi
Website

Nathan, just an idea for your next version, and this idea has more to do with the admin interface, but what about a del.icio.us style
interface for the tagging?

So far, we can add and select the tags, which is fine, but it would be good if we could click the highlighted tag to deselect them from the main list. I think this is called toggling (not sure)

I was messing around with Simple Log cms and they have a del.icio.us style tagging behaviour built into the core of the cms. It looks like it is controlled by a js such as this one

#244 2007-04-08 14:17:57

truist
Plugin Author
Website

All, a few updates:

merz1 – I don’t think what you’re asking for is possible. I’d have to somehow know which articles are being displayed, and there’s no way to tell that from the plugin. (At least, none that I can think of.) It only works on the tag search pages because I generate that page, so I know exactly which articles are displayed.

shotoshi – that should be quite possible. I’ll add it to the list. Thanks a lot for sending along the sample code. I doubt I’ll use it as-is, though – I don’t want to force myself into the GPL if TXP ever switches away from it. I’ll probably just update my existing code. (Still – example code is great!)

All – per a recent issue that someone asked about on mysite, it looks like rss_superarchive and tru_tags (with clean urls) are incompatible. I’ll be pinging Rob to find out more. In the meantime, you might not want to use both :)

#245 2007-04-08 17:51:50

Kossatsch
Website

Sorry if I feel unable to read all 25 thread pages. Actually I am running the Ran Aroussi plug in, and I’d like to switch to tru_tags. Now – as an abolsute mySQL novice – I am looking for mySQL commands that

• copies all my Tags from the costum_1 field to Keywords (I prefer to copy them instead of move them)
  • inserts commas and spaces to these tags (maybe this is less complicated than tell tru_tags to accept spaces instead of commas

Any suggestions?

Edit

• and change several tags, e.g. from opensource to open source, without removing the other tags for this article

Last edited by Kossatsch (2007-04-08 17:53:46)

txp at irox.de since spring 2004 (g1.17) & at roxomatic since 2006.

#246 2007-04-09 01:39:20

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Kosstasch –

In this order (and assuming that you don’t have a table prefix set):

Install rss_admin_db_manager and run these sql statements (on the “Extensions” -> “run sql” tab):

update textpattern set keywords=custom_1;

update textpattern set keywords=replace(keywords, ' ', ', ');

update textpattern set keywords=replace(keywords, 'opensource', 'open source');
(repeat as necessary)

update textpattern set custom_1=null;
(once you’re ready to clear out the existing custom field)

#247 2007-04-09 11:56:30

Kossatsch
Website

Thanks a lot! It worked and made migration to this plug-in quite easy!

#248 2007-04-09 12:30:21

Kossatsch
Website

Just another question:

As shown in the help, the “limit” ist set to 1000 to show up all articles tagged e.g. with social bookmarks. In my case, this means to list up about 100 entries. Not very funny.

Is there any solution in sight to show up tagged articles with txp:older and txp:newer or sth similar?

#249 2007-04-09 17:16:42

andreas
Website

Hi, I’m getting 404 errors on the pages using the tag-URLs. I’m using clean URLs and I’ve already tried switching between live, test, and debug status on my site. No luck so far. Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve included the following code in the page of the relevant section:

<txp:if_section name="stichwort">
  <txp:tru_tags_handler />
<txp:else />
  <txp:article listform="articleList" form="default" />
</txp:if_section>

“stichwort” is my section for tags and I have changed that in the plugin code. I already tried manually switching to clean URLs in the plugin code as well.

Last edited by andreas (2007-04-09 17:21:56)

#250 2007-04-10 02:26:27

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Kossatsch – sadly, no. Long-term I have the vague notion to submit a patch to the TXP folks that would allow some future version of tru_tags to support txp:older and txp:newer, but it would take some serious work on my part and it’s looking less and less likely that new versions of TXP will be forthcoming, so I’m not very motivated to do it. You can override the limit if you want, but then you won’t be able to get to the oldest articles (via the tag search). Sorry :-(

andreas – did you create the section (“stichwort”) in the TXP admin? I would expect that this url would resolve to a page, if you had, and it doesn’t.

#251 2007-04-10 04:19:08

andreas
Website

truist, I did. The plugin is not used on andreas-kalt.de but on a production site; I do get the page including the tag cloud when I go here: http://www.kgn.snbh.de/v2/stichwort/

#252 2007-04-10 04:31:05

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Here again it looks like this url returns a valid page, implying that the problem has something to do with URL rewriting. Do you have non-standard mod-rewrite rules, or a non-standard .htaccess file, or another plugin (rss_superarchive?) that is rewriting more URLs than it should be?

Board footer