Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#217 2007-03-16 01:02:36

merz1
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

Not so nice is the slash at the end which results in a slash in the search i.e. at Technorati.

I have tested it with Amazon Affiliate keyword search links and the Amazon keyword search produces different outputs.

Example with slash at the end: keywords=Gtd/

Example without slash at the end: keywords=Gtd

@Nathan: Could you change that and create links without the trailing slash?

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#218 2007-03-17 11:40:28

shotoshi
Website

I’ve just been over to 43places.com and noticed something new. On front page they have the following:

There are 26 places tagged: vintage

I was thinking how easy/hard/impossible this would be to achieve with tru_tags? I was thinking along the lines of this appearing radomly, whereby some code outputs a random string like above e.g. There are [x] posts tagged: [tag_name]

#219 2007-03-18 05:02:25

truist
Plugin Author
Website

merz1 – I’ve updated v2.1 to not add the trailing slash. Instead, I’ve added a new linkpathtail attribute that lets you explicitly control the suffix of the generated link. If you want a trailing slash, set linkpathtail="/".

pieman & merz1 – it looks like searchsticky doesn’t work with tru_tags. searchsticky only works with TXP’s built-in search function, and it’s ignored in other situations. There is a way to get sticky articles, though. You can make two calls to tru_tags_handler. In one of the calls, set status="sticky". In the other call, leave that attribute off (or set status="live"). The first call will find/show all the sticky articles, and the second call with find/show all the rest. That means that there’s no way to intermingle the articles, but that might be what you want :)

Last edited by truist (2008-07-03 11:55:09)

#220 2007-03-18 17:30:55

merz1
Website

Thanks! Trailing slash is gone now. Internal tag searches still have the trailing slash but results are microformat spec conform and 100% OK :)

Btw: The trailing slash is still in the documentation … yes, picky today :)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#221 2007-03-20 16:15:16

shotoshi
Website

Just noticed a slight problem on my site.

If you look at the following: http://www.holidaypad.net/tag/art

The first 2 plaaces don’t appear to be tagged ‘art’. I couldn’t figure out why they were appearing until I realised:
both of these places are tagged ‘parties’ and the plugin is picking up the ‘art’ in pARTies.

Anyway, I thought of a nice new feature: what about making it so we can highlight the tag in the article
that has been selected?

#222 2007-03-20 18:31:55

merz1
Website

@sotoshi: That is a tru_tags ‘feature based on using the standard search code. I would recommend to have some explaining text on your tag search result page. Like looking for (star)tru_tags_tag_parameter(star) (can also be part of a tag) …

I have noticed that <strong>(star)tru_tags_tag_parameter(star)</strong> is not giving the expected result.

@Nathan: Maybe a wraptag parameter for tru_tags_tag_parameter would be a nice idea?
And a choice of quote signs (like in countwrapchars)?

This would make tru_tags_tag_parameter more self-explaining in the editorial context.

Last edited by merz1 (2007-03-20 18:34:14)

#223 2007-03-20 18:44:43

shotoshi
Website

Cheers for the explanation Merz1, but that’s not a standard feature I’m keen on ;-)

And neither am I keen on having to explain to our readers ;-)

Last edited by shotoshi (2007-03-20 18:46:31)

#224 2007-03-22 01:08:54

truist
Plugin Author
Website

shotoshi – The “art” problem is a known limitation of the way I’ve implemented tru_tags, as documented on my site (scroll down to the “known issues”). I depend on Textpattern code to do the actual searching, and there’s no way for me to work around it (short of patching textpattern). Sorry :-(

merz1 – the issue with the asterisks around tru_tags_tag_parameter isn’t specific to that tag – it’s a bug in textpattern / textile. It’s interpreting the less-than sign as an instruction to left-align the paragraph, and applying a style to the “strong” tag accordingly. I’m not sure how to work around it (other than hand-specifying the HTML) but I don’t want to implement tru_tags code just to fix it.

Last edited by truist (2008-07-03 11:53:54)

#225 2007-03-22 18:00:01

merz1
Website

@Nathan: FYI … I am using the asterisks in a page template not in an article with textile.

#226 2007-03-29 16:13:14

merz1
Website

tag cloud docu: “usereltags=“1” (default) will turn on the rel=“tag” attribute (used by Technorati), if you are using clean urls. Note that this won’t work if you turn off links. Note that this is off by default in tru_tags_cloud and tru_tags_list.”

Bug in 2.1? It is not only OFF by default in clouds but it also stays OFF when explicitly setting it for a tag cloud. I just did that for a tag cloud on my homepage (sidebar). I used:

<txp:tru_tags_cloud usereltags="1" setclasses="0" texttransform="capitalize" sort="count desc" showcounts="title" mintagcount="5" minpercent="100" maxpercent="160" />

#227 2007-03-31 00:54:52

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Markus, sorry about that. It was a documentation problem. The correct attribute name is “usereltag” (without the “s”).

#228 2007-03-31 15:34:56

merz1
Website

Thanks Nathan! I updated it nearly everywhere (also in related tags) and it works like a charme now.

Board footer