Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#169 2007-01-25 11:33:56

merz1
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

@OpalCat: Calling http://test.opalcat.com/tag also results in an empty page.

Did you create a section called tag?
Did you create a page template for that section?

Without both you don’t get result pages!
Calling the plugin in an article form only shows the keywords.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#170 2007-01-25 18:07:11

truist
Plugin Author
Website

OpalCat – merz1 is right, you probably haven’t followed step 2 of the Configuration instructions correctly. Once you have, you should see a tag cloud at this url. It looks like you’ve created the “tag” section correctly; you just need to make sure that it will call <txp:tru_tags_handler />.

Last edited by truist (2008-07-03 11:59:24)

#171 2007-01-26 21:08:41

WebKat

I had done both, actually (created the section, added the handler tag to the template), but hadn’t applied it to both my “default” and my “main” page templates (main is the one for articles, and that is the one I had put the code on; default is only used for my front page, so it hadn’t occurred to me that I needed to add it there too)

The tag cloud now shows up at http://test.opalcat.com/tag but clicking on any of the links goes to an empty page. Here is the code I have on the default page:

<txp:if_section name=“tag”> <txp:tru_tags_handler />
<txp:else /> <txp:if_category> <txp:article form=“default” listform=“excerpt” limit=“5” pageby=“10” /> <txp:output_form form=“google468x60ad” /> <txp:article form=“default” listform=“excerpt” limit=“5” offset=“5” pageby=“10” /> <txp:else /> <txp:article status=“sticky” form=“sticky” /><h2>Most Recently Added Content:</h2> <txp:article limit=“3” form=“excerpt” /> <h2>Most Recent Journal Entries:</h2> <txp:bit_rss feed=“http://opalcat.livejournal.com/data/atom” limit=“5” form=“rss” cache_dir=”/home/vhosts/opalcat/www/textpattern/cache/” /> </txp:if_category>
</txp:if_section>

and here is the code from my main page:

<txp:else /> <txp:if_category> <txp:article form=“default” listform=“excerpt” limit=“5” pageby=“10” /> <txp:output_form form=“google468x60ad” /> <txp:article form=“default” listform=“excerpt” limit=“5” offset=“5” pageby=“10” /> <txp:else /> <txp:article form=“default” listform=“excerpt” limit=“1” /> </txp:if_category>

What am I missing?

WebKat

#172 2007-01-27 05:30:53

truist
Plugin Author
Website

It looks like the generated links have an extra “/” at the end of them that’s causing the problem. This url: http://test.opalcat.com/?s=tag&t=film/, generated by your tag cloud, doesn’t work. If you take off the trailing “/” (http://test.opalcat.com/?s=tag&t=film) you get the page you’d expect.

Any ideas what’s creating that trailing slash? My guesses are:

1. Some problem with clean urls / messy URLs. Did you turn clean URLs on?
  2. A problem with a rewrite rule somewhere. Do you have custom rewrite rules for anything?
  3. A bug in the plugin. I hope this isn’t it ;)

#173 2007-01-27 05:37:53

WebKat

I thought I had clean urls turned on, but when I went to check I couldn’t find where the setting is, so maybe I don’t? Heh. Where is it!? :X

I don’t think I have custom rewrite rules… unless another plugin does that?

Btw, what should I do to make the results (such as http://test.opalcat.com/?s=tag&t=film ) come up as a list of excerpts rather than full text? Do I need to set up a specific page that only gives the option for exerpts and have the tag section use that? (I’m trying to minmize the number of pages I have to maintain)

WebKat

#174 2007-01-28 05:35:15

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Clean urls support in tru_tags is separate from the general support built into textpattern. (Although… I suppose I could/should just use the setting from txp… hm….) Check out Step #6 on the configuration instructions. You have to edit the plugin itself.

It’s possible that I broken the messy-url generation in v2.0. Is anyone else using messy urls for tru_tags?

There’s nothing particular to tru_tags that makes the search results come up as excerpts or full articles. They’ll just display however your article form tells them to display. In my case, I have “txp:if_article_list” tags wrapping a call to “txp:excerpt”.

Last edited by truist (2008-07-03 11:55:50)

#175 2007-01-28 06:02:20

WebKat

I thought that listform=“excerpt” would do that? (It works on all of my other pages of lists)
I made a separate page that says form=“excerpt” and doesn’t even give the option to use the default and set the tag section to use that page, but it still shows up with the full text. :(

WebKat

#176 2007-01-28 06:05:55

WebKat

Is your site down? I can’t get to the instructions…

WebKat

#177 2007-01-28 06:13:08

WebKat

Ok I got to your site (it was timing out for about 5 minutes—weird). The clean urls thing worked! Except now I’m just confused as to why it isn’t displaying as excerpts… but I’m still very very new to the whole textpattern thing so it’s very likely something simple and stupid I’m doing wrong.

I have the section “tag” using the page “tag” which has this in it:

<txp:else /> <txp:article form=“excerpt” listform=“excerpt” limit=“5” />

I didn’t want to use a separate page but the coding on the other pages didn’t seem to be working, so I figured I’d simplify and try this… but it still no workie. It doesn’t even pay attention to “limit” it just kinda vomits up every single thing with that tag :X

WebKat

#178 2007-01-31 05:14:37

zarprey
Website

I’m having the same problem as OpalCat except when I try to change my urls from clean to messy, I get this error:

“The precondition on the request for the URL /3fs/textpattern/index.php evaluated to false.”

Anyone had that problem when editing the plugin? I’m not sure how to fix it.

Thanks,

Zara

#179 2007-01-31 12:16:17

merz1
Website

Info: To qoute code pls. use bc. or bc..

Basic tag result page logic:

Call the list:

<txp:tru_tags_handler form="see below" sortby="Posted" limit="100" />

And use the form to show the output

Basic Form ‘see below’ to show excerpt if one exists:

<h2><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></h2>

<txp:if_excerpt>
<txp:excerpt />
<txp:permlink>more...</txp:permlink>
<txp:else />
<txp:body />
</txp:if_excerpt>

The form has nothing to do with tru_tags. It is only used as an output form for the tag search results.

You can refine the form however you want.

Output example for a pretty complex German result page: … tag/video

Hey, it’s winter … Don’t miss the Speed Paragliding Video :-)

Last edited by merz1 (2007-01-31 12:18:03)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#180 2007-02-01 21:59:38

WebKat

Oh happy day! Thank you, that worked like a charm! (I’m still very new to the whole textpattern logic. I appreciate everyone’s patience.)

WebKat

Board footer