Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-02-25 19:14:42

-P-

Re: admin interface: navigation / structure

Your cows seem bit silent…. since in finnish it´s MUU or even better, AMMUU.

Aren´t these greek alphabets & numerals? Mu is M, thêta some weird special character and I´m Z. Link

Last edited by -P- (2006-02-25 19:19:01)

#14 2006-02-26 10:14:26

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

<blockquote> P wrote:

> Aren´t these greek alphabets & numerals? Mu is M, thêta some weird special character and I´m Z. Link
</blockquote>

They are letters of the greek alphabet. I guess <a href=“http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/entities/symbols.html”>this</a> link might be of interest.

Last edited by colak (2006-02-26 10:17:20)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#15 2006-02-26 10:26:06

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Back to the subject matter. There seems to be a problem which might occur with the extensions tab. Whereas all the other tabs are more or less finite in what they contain, the extensions tab in theory can expand infinitely. This would cause problems with the layout of the admin interface. A dirty solution would be for the extension tab to load a pull down menu. Having said that, I wonder if a pull down menu similar to <a href=“http://www.milonic.com/mfa/2005-May/005923.html”>this</a> be more appropriate for an expanding interface.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#16 2006-02-26 10:37:33

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

That’s another good point. Do you know Mint? If not all elements of the menu fit in on row, they will be reduced to a drop down. (See demo – just resize the window).
By the way, I was and allway will be confused about these names: “extensions” tab and the “plugin” tab – I allways mix it up and so I allways click on “extensions” if I want to go to the plugin tab. Stupid…

#17 2006-03-06 13:29:26

squaredeye
Website

Skubidu! :)

I see your point from above. The bit about the write tab. Hmm. Yeah, the hope is that through the rights and permissions workgroup (which I believe Saccade and Alexandra are working on in german at the moment – since they speak German its easier to move further ahead), will help us all in being able to affect some layout changes in see/hide in the future.

Its a slow cow (see above:) but I think this is moving in a good direction and healthily cautious of overbloating —-> which could be dangerous for a cow.

Per the Mint link. Wicked cool. I like that flexibility.

#18 2006-07-12 21:06:25

jakob
Admin
Website

Was wäre denn Dein Vorschlag für eine sinnige deutsche Übersetzung von “save_new”? “Als neu speichern”?

Saw this today for the first time when I got two “Speichern” buttons:

Wie wäres es z.B. mit “Duplizieren” oder “Duplikat erstellen” oder… “Kopie speichern”, “Als Kopie speichern”…?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer