Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2007-04-09 00:05:26

Kjeld
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_google_map - display articles on google maps

Problem solved. Forgot to add the rss_google_map_js tag to the head of the pages in the other sections…

Old Photos of Japan – Japan in the 1850s~1960s (100% txp)
MeijiShowa – Stock photos of Japan in the 1850s~1960s (100% txp)
JapaneseStreets.com – Japanese street fashion (mostly txp)

#62 2007-04-21 15:16:14

saccade
Plugin Author

Very nice plugin – thank you!

Maybe I didn’t find the information, but is there a way to change the first/default view from “Map” to “Satellite” or “Hybrid”?

#63 2007-05-30 20:36:19

lozmatic
Website

Awesome plugin! It works wonderfully for me – http://www.bristolrnaclub.org/inaugural-meeting

Is there a way to control content of the bubble that appears when you click the marker?

Thanks,

Loz

#64 2007-08-01 23:28:57

sparkybarkalot

I’m having a problem showing multiple maps on a single page. I’m wondering if it’s me, the way Google Maps works, or something about the plugin. I’ve got an article page that is used for both single articles and an article list. In both cases I call the same form to output an article. The problem is this: the plug in works great when a single article is displayed, but I get a blank page when the article list should be displaying.

Can anyone straighten me out? Thanks.

And thanks for another excellent plugin, by the way!

#65 2007-08-06 18:38:54

sparkybarkalot

I’m hoping someone can help me, as I’m really tearing my hair out over this.

I’m running TXP 4.0.5 and I’m having NO problem using rss_google_map when pulling the lat and long data from custom fields in an article. I AM however, completely unable to get a single map to display when I try using address data. I’ve tried putting the data in custom fields, tried putting the address data in the rss_google_map tag, and all I ever get is a blank page.

I’ve tried addresses that I know are valid for Yahoo Maps and Google Maps. All I keep getting is blank page! Here is the most basic version I’ve tried (using the address of the White House from the plugin-page), which simply generates a blank page:

<txp:rss_google_map address=“1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW” city=“Washington” state=“DC” zip=“20500” />

Can anyone tell me why this would not work when pulling lat and long from an article WILL work? I’m going crazy.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

#66 2007-08-06 19:10:42

sparkybarkalot

Well, as usual, after working on this for hours, I come up with the answer about 15 minutes after posting on here. For anyone else who happens to have this problem. Here was my solution:

In the plugin, Rob had commented out this line in the addAddress() function:

$addressData = file_get_contents($apiURL.urlencode($address));

followed first by:

a comment saying “ROB – Changed to use CURL for poor souls who can’t use file_get_contents”

and then by:

7 lines that use CURL to get the address data.

All I did was comment out the 7 lines pertaining to CURL, and uncommented the above line which he’d commented out. I guess I must not have CURL working right on my machine or something. Anyway, plugin works as expected now.

#67 2007-11-12 20:37:29

DigitalRealm
Website

Is anyone having a problem with displaying more than 1 map at a time? The code I have posted below is inside an article for the “locations” section.

When this article is displayed, it only shows 1 map with the location of the second address but shows it where the first map should be, the second map never appears. Does that make sense? Do I have this setup correctly? Should I be calling them in an output_form instead?

I have the following code placed in an article:

h4. 328 N. Pleasantburg Dr. - Greenville

<txp:rss_google_map address="328 North Pleasantburg Dr." city="Greenville" state="SC" zip="29607" width="400" zoom="5" />
h4. 3795 E. North St. - Greenville

<txp:rss_google_map address="3795 E. North St." city="Greenville" state="SC" zip="29615" width="400" zoom="5" />

#68 2007-11-12 20:53:44

sparkybarkalot

DigitalRealm: I tried quite a bit to do what you’re trying to do, and ultimately I gave up. I don’t remember the exact problem, but I believe it stemmed from the fact that the class used by the plug-in creates a Javascript variable to hold the map info. Which is good if you have only one map, but bad if you have two or more since they would all be using the same variable name. I realize that’s not a very technical explanation, but I’m not a very technical guy ;)

#69 2007-11-12 21:07:02

DigitalRealm
Website

Sparky….I see exactly what you are saying, and I thought that may be part of the problem. It appears at this point that this is not possible to do.

#70 2007-11-12 21:30:28

sparkybarkalot

Digital: I just remembered a bit more. It may not have been a variable, but might have been the maps div ID that is more or less hardcoded. I now remember that I spent time trying to edit the plugin so that it would accept another parameter, something like “mapId”, so that you could pass in an ID. I may be totally misremembering, but that’s my recollection of the problem.

#71 2007-12-12 21:26:05

AtleL
Website

Wow, it even works in little Norway, even with Scandinavian characters! But I also get the problem with markers for all my articles showing on the same map, centered on the location from my first article… It looks like the “usearticle=“1”“ is meant to control this, but whenever I add this to the code, I get the message “Map Not Available”. I’ve got no PHP-skills to speak of, so if cap_nemo could make available again the code he posted in comment #16, that would be great. Oooor, if somebody could point me to the place in the plugin where I might control which article the info is taken from and how many markers should be shown per map, I’d be eternally grateful!

#72 2008-02-02 17:55:15

ragger
Website

I am playing with this plugin, and I seem to have it working quite OK.
But there’s one very annoying thing: the background of the marker and images is NOT transparent. So white blocks appear on the map. See here (first article from above)

Any help will be appreciated.

Board footer