Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#121 2006-04-19 11:34:41

alexandra

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_unlimited_categories - Unltd. Article Categories

I come to the conclusion, this plugin does not work propperly. On TXP Mag i assigned two categories (blog, tec) to the article John Oxton and friends….
tec works fine but not blogs. To get the cat tec working i had to assign the old txp category. If i do not, tec would not work either. Very strange.
I use <txp:rss_unlimited_categories_filedunder />

Last edited by alexandra (2006-04-19 11:36:18)

#122 2006-04-20 01:21:58

april19
Website

alexandra wrote:

I come to the conclusion, this plugin does not work propperly. On TXP Mag i assigned two categories (blog, tec) to the article John Oxton and friends….
tec works fine but not blogs. To get the cat tec working i had to assign the old txp category. If i do not, tec would not work either. Very strange.
I use <txp:rss_unlimited_categories_filedunder />

When you say it doesn’t work do you mean when you follow the ‘blogs’ filed under link (to list all articles assigned to the blogs category), no articles are listed?

If so, try this and let me know how you go with it.

#123 2006-04-20 12:04:37

alexandra

When you say it doesn’t work do you mean when you follow the ‘blogs’ filed under link (to list all articles assigned to the blogs category), no articles are listed?

Exactly

Thanks april19, i change the code as you suggested – but nothing changed at all. The categories beneath the article appear though the article is not listed under its categories – except fot the category i assigned with the ‘old’ style categorylist. somehow i have the feeling something is wrong with the plugin in general. Another german blogger has exactly the same problem like me.

Last edited by alexandra (2006-04-20 13:12:41)

#124 2006-04-20 12:54:46

jriemerm

jriemerm wrote:

The instructions for installing this were incredibly simple, so I don’t know where I could have gone wrong. I have TXP 4.03, a new install; and I installed this plugin on top of it. Clicked the plugin to make it show “yes” for “active. But only the old categories chooser is visible on any of the article pages.

I also tried running the two SQL insert commands suggested, which ran fine but it still doesn’t work. Is there another step involved I missed?

Has anyone else had the problem I describe above, where the improved categories chooser never shows up in the admin for writing/editing an article? I’d really like to use this plugin, but I’m stuck.

james

Last edited by jriemerm (2006-04-20 12:56:41)

#125 2006-04-20 15:19:25

fineartdavid
Website

alexandra wrote:

Thanks april19, i change the code as you suggested – but nothing changed at all.

I’ve just tried the same thing and it didn’t work for me either. I’m going to try a clean install tonight. I was wondering if it could be a server based thing as so many people have it running fine. I’m using 1and1, which I know sometimes has issues with .htaccess.

#126 2006-04-20 16:41:55

alexandra

@fineartdavid … but no change to the .htaccess is required for the plugin

I am also wondering what is going wrong as the plugin worked but only partly on TXP Mag. very strange. I am not with 1and1 and my german blog fellower is no either. We are all on different servers.

#127 2006-04-20 21:07:41

fineartdavid
Website

alexandra wrote:

but no change to the .htaccess is required for the plugin

It was a wild guess. I figured that as there were problems with that, there may be other hosting problems too.

David

#128 2006-04-21 20:24:33

lee

I’m trying out r1301 and the select box does not display on the write tab.

Cheers,
Lee

#129 2006-04-24 20:42:45

Algaris

Are you using Internet Explorer by any chance? Myself and some of the others in this thread have found that the select box doesn’t seem to appear in Internet Explorer.

Last edited by Algaris (2006-04-26 08:44:34)

#130 2006-04-26 08:16:30

M_i

Is it correct that this plugin only produces lists by date? You can’t use any sort of sortby attribute?

This would be a great plugin for me if it could also list articles not only by date, but also by title (or even better: by SmartTitle, like chh_article_custom).
Perhaps something for the next version?

- Iris

#131 2006-04-26 09:12:51

lee

Algaris wrote:

Are you using Internet Explorer by any chance? Myself and some of the others in this thread have found that the select box doesn’t seem to appear in Internet Explorer.

Using FF.

#132 2006-04-26 09:21:50

april19
Website

M_i wrote:

Is it correct that this plugin only produces lists by date? You can’t use any sort of sortby attribute?
This would be a great plugin for me if it could also list articles not only by date, but also by title (or even better: by SmartTitle, like chh_article_custom). Perhaps something for the next version?
- Iris

does anyone else want the ability to have a sortby and sortdir attribute added to the rss_unlimited_categories_article_list and rss_unlimited_categories_related tags?

Board footer