Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2006-04-21 19:07:02

chariscomp

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] chh_if_data

Hello,

I am running into a problem with this plugin. I am attempting to use this plugin with another plugin, jmc_event_manager. The relevant portion of my form code looks like this:
<code>
<txp:chh_if_data>
<br />
<txp:jmc_venue_address1 /><br />
</txp:chh_if_data>

<txp:jmc_venue_suburb />,

<txp:jmc_venue_state />
</p>
</code>

After some debugging, it appears that the output of the jmc_venue_* tags are being parsed even before the chh_if_data can process it unparsed. I.e. when I use dmp on the value of $thing, I get the value of that field. For example, say venue_address1 for this record is equal to “400 Mont Clair” with some HTML formatting. When I use dmp, I get “400 Mont Clair” not
<code>
<txp:jmc_venue_address1 /><br />
</code>
which is what I am expecting to get. The error I am getting is that it always says there is no data even when there is. Best I can figure out, it is because the output is being parsed before it can be compared unparsed and parsed. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

#12 2006-04-21 22:52:18

The-Exit
Website

As far as I understand, this plugin works only with textpattern tags, and not with other plugin tags… but maybe I’m wrong.

#13 2006-05-10 06:06:04

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

Dragan wrote:

I wanted to use this plugin to control the output the category links, because when I don’t assign a category2 it outputs an empty a element, and I don’t want that to happen. So I need something along these lines: if there is a category2 assigned output it, if there isn’t, output nothing. Can this be done?

This will produce the two category names, separated by a comma:

<txp:category1 title="1" link="1" /><txp:if_article_category number="2">, <txp:category2 title="1" link="1" /></txp:if_article_category>

#14 2006-05-10 06:19:14

The-Exit
Website

You can use the else tag.

if_data … txp-tag … else …. other tag …. if_data

#15 2006-05-11 00:41:48

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

Suggested enhancement

Support testing more than one Txp tag per <txp:chh_if_data> block; provide something like a comparison attribute that can be set to “and” or “or” for the following effect:

• comparison="or" — plugin returns “true” if any of the enclosed tags produce data
  • comparison="and" — plugin returns “true” if all of the enclosed tags produce data

Thanks for all the cool plugins. Keep up the awesome work. :-)

#16 2006-06-21 11:28:03

jufemaiz
Plugin Author
Website

charisomp: there’s an if_variable that works for jmc_event_manager

more info

BE + MEngSc = engineer with a side dish of frustrated designer/developer with a penchant for photography outside

#17 2006-11-06 00:24:28

scdoody

I uploaded the plugin and added the plugin code to my site. But I get this message:

tag_error <txp:chh_if_data> -> Textpattern Warning: unknown_tag: chh_if_data on line 968

I assume the unknown_tag is because there is something wrong with the plugin upload? How do I know if the plugin was installed correctly?

Thanks!

#18 2006-11-06 00:54:12

soulship
Website

This may sound silly, but did you double check that it was enabled?

#19 2006-11-06 01:16:39

scdoody

I checked and it says that it installed correctly. Here is my code on my mail default display page:

<txp:article limit=“4” />

<txp:if_individual_article > <p><txp:link_to_prev><txp:prev_title /></txp:link_to_prev> <txp:link_to_next><txp:next_title /></txp:link_to_next></p>
<txp:else /> <p style=“float:right; padding:0px 0px 15px 0px;”><txp:older><txp:text item=“Next Page >>” /></txp:older> </p>

<p style=“float:left;”><txp:newer><txp:text item=”<< Previous Page”/></txp:newer></p>
</txp:if_individual_article>
<txp:else /> <p>article_custom had nothing to say.</p>

Any thoughts on why I am getting the unknown tag error of:

tag_error <txp:chh_if_data> -> Textpattern Warning: unknown_tag: chh_if_data on line 968

Thanks.

Board footer