Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2006-02-18 06:58:15

squaredeye
Website

Re: [archived] bab_newsletter: Newsletter Manager for Textpattern

Ben, others,
has anyone had issues with form subscription?

• the “subscribed message” never appears after “submit” is clicked.
  • the subscriber is not added?

I have the <code><txp:bab_subscribe /></code> tag inside a misc. sidebar form.

This is what it is outputting:
<code>
<form method=“post” action=”/”>
<div>
<input type=“hidden” name=“bab_subscribe_nonce” value=“249a15bad8e46cfabbc4364959f152eb” /><label for=“name”><strong>name</strong></label><br /><input type=“text” id=“name” name=“name” value=“john” maxlength=“100” /><br />
<label for=“email”>email</label><br /><input type=“text” id=“email” name=“email” value=“art.matthewsmith@gmail.com” maxlength=“100” /><br />
<input type=“submit” name=“bab_subscribe_submit” value=”“ />
<div>
</form>
</code>

Any thoughts, fixes would be great.

Matthew

#86 2006-02-18 13:07:39

-jw-

Hi Ben,

I don’t have much time available untill this eveing. I did a quick new install on a tld and on my subdomain setup. The first one seems to work fine.

On the subdomain I get a blank newsletter tab. No TXP debug-info, no newsletter tabs. I’ll look into it later tonight although I honestly don’t know what to look for.

textile deletes my identity

#87 2006-02-19 01:31:58

loid

Ben, I clicked the Install tables link. Oddly, that link shows up twice, one above the other. The site isn’t on a subdomain, however, the tables do have a prefix (fbtxp). So I’m gathering that’s a problem.

#88 2006-02-20 11:55:37

feragnoli

Hello, I installed the plugin too. The ‘install tables’ link shows up twice, indeed, but if you reload the page or switch tab it won’t do that any more, after you HAVE installed the tables.
I find this plugin really a necessary addition to Txp! I hope to see its fucntionality grow in time. Option as multiple lists and import/export of addresses (from cvs or the like) are features you shouldn’t miss!
I was working on embedding phplist in my Txp install when I found out this plugin. Phplist has some odd behavior with the way it handles the text of the message and, let’s put it straight, is not clear at all in terms of use. No way I can get other users to post through it or perform basic admin tasks.
So… well done Ben!

Maybe you could add a check/uncheck all button at the top/bottom of the list of subscribed users..?

Last edited by feragnoli (2006-02-20 11:56:36)

what was that again…?

#89 2006-02-20 19:45:20

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

I’ve posted a fix to a fix: when I tried to resolve the “prefix” issue, I didn’t fully implement it so that left bab_subscribe broken. That should be fixed now, as well. I also got rid of the duplicate “Install Tables” links.

feragnoli, I’m going to go back — sometime, soon — and grab all the feature requests that have been posted on this forum. I’ll make a list and we can work off of that. The next big-ticket item is “bulk mail.”

- jw -, I’m stumped with regards to the subdomain issue. Do you have other plugins running that install a new tab in your admin? Can you point me to them and I’ll try and dig in there and see if I spot something?

#90 2006-02-20 21:08:44

-jw-

– jw -, I’m stumped …

Ok, me to.

Do you have other plugins running that install a new tab in your admin? Can you point me to them and I’ll try and dig in there and see if I spot something

you could take a look at ign_password_protect which creates a new tab and has a function to create a db table. Works fine on my setup with table prefix, which is what seems to give the headache ;)

#91 2006-02-21 17:12:13

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

- jw -,

I think that perhaps I’m confused about the subdomain vs the prefix issue. Are they one and the same? In other words, when you run TXP on a subdomain, does it have a prefix on the table? If so, then the latest fix that I posted may resolve the problem altogether. Let me know.

The only thing I can think of is that I’m using relative urls to create the third row of newsletter tabs … on the subdomain, when you are in a tab, do your urls look like:

subdomain.domain.com/index.php?event=newsletter

or is something else happening there?

Thanks,

– Ben

#92 2006-02-22 10:32:37

-jw-

- Ben,

The way I use this is that the subdomain has it’s own txp instal, but uses the same database as the txp instal on the main domain. The subdomain tables have a prefix. It could use another, seperate database without the need of a table prefix.

the url looks like this
http://subdomain.domain.nl/txp/index.php?event=newsletter

#93 2006-02-27 00:13:28

loid

Ben, sorry to say, but while the latest version removes the double “install tables” issue, its not fixing the prefix issue. I uninstalled the old version, dropped the table fbtxp_nlprefs (fb being the prefix) and then installed the new version of the plugin. No double “install tables,” but the newsletter preferences still disappear after filling in the fields, and the newsletter still doesn’t send.

Anyone have any ideas for a workaround? I really would like to make this work.

#94 2006-03-01 21:30:28

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

loid, sorry you’re having trouble.

i’ll do another thorough going over as soon as i can — i’m very busy this week.

i’m pretty sure this has to do with the prefix issue. not thinking people might have them, the script was hardcoded to look for “txp_nlprefs” and “txp_subscribers.” Then I had to go back through and update it, but must have missed something.

That makes me think of a few questions, though.

• When you look up the table in Database Manager, it’s called “fbtxp_nlprefs”?
  • Are you able to save subscribers to “txp_subscribers” — and, is it called “txp_subscribers” or “fbtxp_subscribers”?

Again, until we can get your prefs to save, the emails will not be sent.

- jw -, i think the script may be getting confused as to where to go for the table, and that’s why it’s not working. In addition, though, it seems like there’s still an issue — a “fix” that just won’t fix.

#95 2006-03-06 21:31:55

loid

Benbruce, yes, it’s fbtxp_nlprefs, and the subscribers are saved, in the table fbtxp_subscribers

Thanks for looking into it, it’s greatly appreciated.

#96 2006-03-08 22:50:32

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

Loid,

Thanks for your info — it seems like since it’s saving in one case and not in another, that it’s “simply” a matter of going in and finding the difference. I expect it’s just an error on my part and once I find it the script should work fine.

It will take me some to time to get through the script, however. I’ll post the update when it’s ready, and if anyone else happens to poke around and find it, please post in this thread as well.

Thanks,

– Ben

Board footer