1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#625 2006-11-17 23:57:29

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Those who want to test, grab a copy here and let me know if you find bugs that need fixing.
If no bugs are found, I’ll do a proper announcement in a new topic after the weekend:
zem_contact_reborn
zem_contact_lang

See page 62 of this topic for the list of bugs that this version aims to fix.

PS. this version works in both 4.0.3 and 4.0.4
PPS. Destry: the name stays ‘zem_contact_reborn’

Last edited by ruud (2006-11-26 21:36:05)

#626 2006-11-18 00:09:03

Destry
Website

ruud wrote:

I’ll do a proper announcement in a new topic after the weekend

At last (a new thread)…

So, does this call for a new name too, like zem_contact_reincarnation?

Last edited by Destry (2006-11-18 00:09:30)

#627 2006-11-18 00:15:04

squaredeye
Website

Ruud,
I’m not exactly sure what you’re needing testing on as I haven’t followed the latest bugs?
I am so blind! I’ll look through those bugs :)
I do see that the name and email ids were changed so it broke my styling. I don’t know if that was intentional or not. I have an id on the name input as id=“qWW91ciBOYW1l” (for instance)

What else do you need checking against?

All the error stuff seems to be working.

Here’s the setup I have:

<code> <div class=“comments-wrapper”>
<txp:zem_contact to=“myemail@gmail.com” thanks_form=“contact_thanks” >
<p><txp:zem_contact_select label=“Deliver To” selected=“AnnMarie Schultz – Admin.” list=”,AnnMarie Schultz – Admin./Bookkeeper,Geoff Bradford – Lead Pastor,Steve Huber – Pastor of Church Planting, Steve Lutz – Pastor of Campus Ministry, David Braud – Director of Music and Arts, Nick – Intern, Christine Edwin – Finances, Mercy Team” break=”“ /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_text label=“Your Name” break=”“ /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_email label=“Your Email” break=”“ /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_textarea label=“Message” break=”“ /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_submit label=“Send” break=”“ /></p>
</txp:zem_contact> </div>
</code>

:)

Matthew

Last edited by ma_smith (2006-11-18 00:15:46)

#628 2006-11-18 00:29:15

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

If you want to use the name for styling, you should explicitly set a name instead of relying on the method used to transform the label to a name. The old label->style transform didn’t always generate a valid name so I had to change it. And as it turns out, some browsers treat name/id as case-insensitive so it’ll probably change to lower-case in the final version.

Hmm… bug found: all forms have the same ID -> changing to class (to allow multiple forms per page).

Last edited by ruud (2006-11-18 00:40:08)

#629 2006-11-18 00:53:50

squaredeye
Website

Ruud,
What are the qualifications for receiving the error: The form was already submitted, please fill out a new form.?

#630 2006-11-18 09:04:11

jstubbs
Website

Ruud, testing seems to be going ok so far. Have not tried yet with foreign characters but will do so later.

After updating the plugin on various sites, then going to test the forms, I do get a lot of “we do not accept spam thank you” messages. If I wait 5 minutes or so, then enter the same data, the form submits. The data entered is usually my name and email along with a test message, nothing special.

FYI.

#631 2006-11-18 09:58:08

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

jstubbs, which anti-spam plugin do you have installed? That’s one of the few parts in ZCR that I didn’t touch ;)

Matthew, you’ll get the ‘already submitted’ error in two situations:
  • if you fill out a form, press submit, and then reload the page (causing the same info to be submitted again).
  • if you go back one page after submitting a form, change the things you’ve entered and then submit again.

ZCR .17 would have given a ‘form expired’ message in those situations…. if its nonce detection had worked (it was broken).

ZCR can also give a ‘form expired’ error, but only if you take more than 10 minutes to fill out a form.
The difference with ‘already submitted’ is that the latter clears the form fields to avoid people from submitting the same thing over and over again quickly (‘form expired’ leaves the form input intact, because it hasn’t been submitted yet, you just have to press ‘submit’ once more… serves as an anti-spam feature).

Last edited by ruud (2006-11-19 23:26:51)

#632 2006-11-18 14:01:33

jstubbs
Website

Hi Ruud,

Just tried the form again, and got an “this form expired” error. This after closing the browser and going back several hours later. Cleared the cache too, just in case.

Pressed submit again, and got the nice “we do not accept spam thank you” messsages.

ZCR test, ZCR contact_lang test, pap_contact_cleaner version 0.1.

#633 2006-11-18 14:19:32

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

jstubbs, a few questions:
  • does your form have input fields called ‘phone’ or ‘mail’?
  • do you have a caching plugin installed?
  • can you provide an URL where you have a form that has these problems?

Last edited by ruud (2006-11-19 23:26:37)

#634 2006-11-18 14:21:12

jstubbs
Website

Ruud,

Just emailed your the URL for the form. No, I don’t have any caching plugins at all.

#635 2006-11-19 23:24:53

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Some things needed fixing:
  • ‘name’ was missing from zem_contact_lang
  • TXP4.0.4 sending last modified headers really doesn’t mix well with the nonce system (that caused jstubbs’ problems), so the plugin now tries to fix that by sending a too old last-modified header itself which overrides the one that TXP sends. It also sets a 10 minute expiration date on the page, so it shouldn’t stay cached too long.
  • The ‘form already used’ error occurred too often. Solved by re-using the same nonce if possible and only marking it as used when ZCR actually sends an email. And if multiple forms are on a single page, each form gets its own nonce.
  • To support multiple forms on a single page some IDs had to be changed to classes.

Those who like to test, can grab a copy here:
zem_contact_reborn
zem_contact_lang

See page 62 of this topic for the list of bugs that were already fixed in the previous test version.

PS. this version works in both 4.0.3 and 4.0.4

Last edited by ruud (2006-11-26 21:35:40)

#636 2006-11-20 00:01:43

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Updated, and at my first test, I ran into the ‘The form has expired, please try again’. Force reload, and at the second pass I could send the form. Not sure if that is because I ran too many tests yesterday with your test 2 version or what… (the form is on my website in the sidebar here, follow the contact link).

Hmm, just did a second test, and ran again into the ‘The form has expired, please try again’, error page. I had left one (required) field blank. Filled the missing field, and I could send.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer