You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#577 2006-10-20 21:06:20

Neko

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

ruud wrote:

zem_contact_reborn + lang + cleaner can be downloaded from the plugin archive in TextBook

Thanks Ruud!

#578 2006-10-21 01:26:17

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Sorry about the links. I’ve updated them. thebombsite.com has been moth-balled for the foreseeable future. I’m too busy to keep it updated.

As for the plug-in itself, as mentioned earlier, Tranquillo was doing most of the important coding and he is currently very busy. There is a version 18 but it is so radically different to version 17 that I don’t want to release it without full and proper security testing as it no longer has an API and would not rely on additional plug-ins for security, but without Tranquillo’s help at the moment…

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#579 2006-10-21 14:17:30

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

Hi,

My new plugin, Postmaster, relies on the ZCR API in version .17. I have not released the plugin yet but of course if I had my way, any known security fixes would be made to version .17 and released, either instead of or concurrently with the .18 version — which may or may not come soon? Maybe Ruud wants to take a stab at it, since he’s interested and already making fixes on his version?

– Ben

#580 2006-10-21 18:29:12

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

I’m doing my fixes based on the existing .17 version. Tranquillo sent me the original code and help for that version (which is great, because otherwise I’d have to convert HTML help back to textile). Most fixes are not security related, but just fix existing functionality that is (partially) broken.

Do people still need a 4.0.3 version or is everyone switching to 4.0.4? TXP 4.0.4 has a new function that make it easier to properly encode the mail headers.

Ben, do you just need the ‘submit’ callback event or also the full anti-spam API (not sure what ZCR stands for)? I need the callback event myself for a plugin I use privately so I’m interested in keeping it.

Last edited by ruud (2006-10-21 18:37:35)

#581 2006-10-21 18:38:37

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

ruud, I’m interested in this plugin and I’m using 4.0.4.

I’ve read that other plugins are needed also, would this be true of the new version?

I can help test this if you need an extra set of eyes.

#582 2006-10-21 18:52:48

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

The only plugin that is needed is zem_contact_lang. Anything else is optional. I have no plans to change that. First priority is fixing what is already there. Testing would be very welcome :)

Last edited by ruud (2006-10-21 18:54:11)

#583 2006-10-22 05:17:04

Nathan Smith
Website

Just one suggestion for the spam catcher. Instead of having “visibility: hidden”, it should be “display: none”, so it doesn’t take up any physical space on the screen. Also, I changed mine to “phone2” as a hidden field, since I actually was using “phone” on a client’s site.

Are we all figments of God’s imagination?

#584 2006-10-22 11:37:39

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

If you want ruud I can send you the template for .18 so you can have a look at it. There are a couple of minor fixes in it such as error reporting plus one or two additions that I did, one of which I recall is a “button element” for the submit function, which you could no doubt transfer to .17. The main coding changes though are down to Tranquillo which remove the API and revert to something more akin to the original zem_contact. You could ignore those changes of course if you prefer. I did have it on one of my sites for a couple of months with no apparent problems.

Stuart

#585 2006-10-22 11:44:44

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

@stuart: Yes, I’d like to have a look at .18 too. If you have the template for zem_contact_lang as well, that would be great.

If you need my email address, use the email link on the left side and I’ll reply.

Last edited by ruud (2006-10-22 11:55:17)

#586 2006-10-22 12:18:46

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Done.

Stuart

#587 2006-10-22 12:29:25

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Almir wrote:

Hello,
How do i can something like this markup…

At the moment, you can’t. To allow that, a new attribute is needed that hides the labels. That would enable the advanced users to use more flexible designs (they’d have to add the labels themselves in the right places), while keeping the labels as-is for normal usage. Should this be a an attribute for the zem_contact tag (for the entire form) or for each form element separately… or both? Would this be an interesting addition or feature creep ?

Actually, in this specific case, you can probably do it by setting the ‘break’ attribute to ‘</dt><dd>’ and add the remaining <dt> and </dd> yourself.

semanio wrote:

tag_error <txp:zem_contact_radio name=“current_patient” label=“No” checked=“yes” break=”“ required=“yes” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: required on line 582

There is no ‘required’ attribute for the radio button.
Normally, once a radio option is selected, browsers don’t allow you to de-select it. You can only choose a different option so one option will always be checked. To ensure this (because not all browsers select one radio option by default), always give one of the radio options the attribute ‘checked=“yes”’.

Hmm… I suppose it’s possible to enforce this on the server-side as well by using the radio option with ‘checked=“yes”’ as the selected option if no option is selected.

Last edited by ruud (2006-10-24 18:08:45)

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer