3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#517 2006-07-07 11:10:38

6sigma
Website

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

ma_smith wrote:

6sigma,
What’s your doctype?
What version of the plugin are you using?
What are your validation errors?

On this page, I’m faced with 14 errors:

doctype: <code><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd”></code>

version: zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.17; zem_contact_lang 4.0.3.03; pap_contact_cleaner 0.1

errors: # Error Line 96 column 15: syntax of attribute value does not conform to declared value.
<code>
<p><label for=”“ class=” “> </label><br /><textarea id=”“ class=”“ name=”“ cols=
</code>
<em>The value of an attribute contained something that is not allowed by the specified syntax for that type of attribute. For instance, the “selected” attribute must be either minimized as “selected” or spelled out in full as “selected=“selected””; the variant “selected=”“” is not allowed.</em>

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#518 2006-07-07 12:51:14

squaredeye
Website

6sigma,

try this thread.

for css, I’d drop the bottom padding in the p tags that surround your labels.
maybe 8px would do the trick, or if you need to continue working with ems,
find a lower amount.

otherwise, the form is looking good. coming along.

I still submit, that this stuff was findable through searching.
Your best bet for searching is not the forum search but a google search, which can be made easier

I typed in the words “zem contact select”, and then “zem contact validation” and found the answer above in seconds.
Just FYI. Folks are here to help. Definitely. But we can help more, when you’ve done some good searching on your own too.
If its seems like I’m grumpy… I probably am today :)

Good luck bro.

#519 2006-07-08 06:34:32

6sigma
Website

Thanks, Matthew. After a day that began at 7:00a.m. and ended at 1a.m. the next morning with no breaks, grumpy is probably the way my weekend will go. But, hey, I got to talk to three guys at Microsoft named Ankit, Kapil and Rakesh. The problem they couldn’t solve will resume on Monday.

You – on the other hand – have pointed me to valuable help. I appreciate it.

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#520 2006-07-12 17:10:06

jbrew
Website

Is there any way to send the email to mulitple receipients using this plug-in? I have been searching all over the forum and cant find anything about doing this.

Thanks.

To even the least of these…

#521 2006-07-14 23:52:25

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

@jbrew: multiple recipients are possible. Simply use a comma to separate the recipients.

Perhaps I’m doing something wrong, but I can’t get ‘checked=“yes”’ working for the checkbox tag. Looking at the code, I see these two lines in the checkbox function:

<notextile>
<pre><code>$value = ps(‘zem_contact_submit’) ? (bool) ps($name) : ‘’;
( ( ($checked = = ‘yes’) and $value) ? ‘ checked=“checked” />’ : ‘ />’).$break.</code></pre>
</notextile>

From what I understand, $value is an empty string if the form is not being submitted (displayed instead), so (checked = = ‘yes’ and $value) cannot be true if the form is just displayed.
Shouldn’t that first line be something like this:

<notextile><pre><code>$value = ps(‘zem_contact_submit’) ? (bool) ps($name) : TRUE;</code></pre></notextile>

Last edited by ruud (2006-07-22 16:26:54)

#522 2006-07-15 13:04:48

WhiteDog

Is it possible to do a multi variable form that calls up parts of the form based on what is selected ia an drop down?

Grrr RRR nnndth grrr Skeek!

#523 2006-07-18 23:46:58

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

I wanted to second DaveR’s comment about keeping the auxiliary plugin API.

DaveR,

How’s your work coming on a plugin to post the data into mysql tables? I’m interested in perhaps repurposing your efforts for use with the Email-on-Post and Newsletter Manager plugins.

Thanks,

– Ben

#524 2006-07-19 03:22:15

mattmikulla
Website

Are there any good code examples of zem contact reborn. The documentation is confusing to me and I have I have browsed through this forum thread.

Maybe a tutorial or how to?

Art Rogue – Fine Art Photography

#525 2006-07-20 19:49:34

Plaz

I am getting a site set up using the ZEM_CONTACT_REBORN plug-in. It’s working.

I am using it on a job site for users to inquire about particular jobs. What I want to do is to have the job title and job description sent in the email with the contact information that they submit, so that the person receiving the contact form data can make no mistake about which job the the site visitor was referring to.

How do I add the <txp:title/> and the <txp:body /> to the email that is sent?

If you want something you have never had, then you must be willing to do something you have never done.

#526 2006-07-24 13:13:25

Destry
Website

mattmikulla wrote:

Are there any good code examples of zem contact reborn. The documentation is confusing to me and I have I have browsed through this forum thread. Maybe a tutorial or how to?

Always a good idea. Since this is a true community developed plugin — as true as they get anyway — a good place to write documentation for it as a community effort might be in the associated docs page for the archived zip package…Docs for zem_contact_reborn Plugin. The advantage here is anybody can write, and the docs can be translated for international use. (That page is currently a clean slate, so have at it.)

Now, I have a question, because I can’t believe this thread is 21 pages and I just don’t have time or patience to sift through 21 pages of forum chicken scratch, sorry.

I don’t see Tranquillo’s pap_contact_cleaner plugin anywhere, or at his Web site. Is it needed for this version of reborn?

EDIT: LOL…make that 22 pages.

Last edited by Destry (2006-07-24 13:16:50)

#527 2006-07-24 13:27:49

marios
Archived Plugin Author

will disappear in the next couple of days
I’m not using it, so I’m not able to answer this question either.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#528 2006-07-24 13:43:31

nishark
Website

Howdy all.

Does this form, particularly the ‘pap_contact_cleaner’ plugin classify .info email addresses as spam??

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer