Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#505 2006-06-23 15:50:18

WhiteDog

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

I am sure this has been covered but how do I go about changing the default styling and thank you message? I read the small blurb on styling but I don’t know the names of the elements like the default box that says contact in it to change it. If someone could shed some more light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Grrr RRR nnndth grrr Skeek!

#506 2006-06-23 17:40:06

els

@WhiteDog:

The ‘box that says contact in it’ is fieldset, the text ‘contact’ is legend, this text btw can be set with the label attribute in <txp:zem_contact />. You can find the elements by viewing the source of your contact form page.

#507 2006-06-23 18:04:57

WhiteDog

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You have helped me before in the past too! You are very kind and I wish many blessings upon you and your family.

On another note <code>label with display:none</code> allowed me to get just the formatting I needed. Thank you!

Grrr RRR nnndth grrr Skeek!

#508 2006-06-24 01:39:10

NyteOwl

Any chance of implementing the <txp:zem_contact_secret /> as described in the docs for version 0.6 of zem_contact?

I don’t mean implementing hidden fields – that’s pretty easy; I mean implementing insertion of hidden data that gets sent with the mail but not displayed in the page source. So far my attempts have been pretty messy (to say the least).

Obsolescence is just a lack of imagination. / 36-bits Forever! / #include <disclaimer.h>;

#509 2006-06-27 19:50:16

maniqui
Website

Just a bump by quoting myself :D (sorry!)

Is there any way to specify the sender’s name (usually, our name) in the “copysender” sent email?
I’m testing the contact form, and as “visitor”, I have received a copy of the e-mail. There, in the sender e-mail it shows: “info@mydomain.com”, but I would like something more personalized, like “Julián / Mydomain.com”.
Another reason for this request: there are services like Google Mail that, in the sender column, hides the domain of the e-mail address.
So, an address like “info@mydomain.com” looks like “info” <—very spam-look-like

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#510 2006-07-04 02:30:30

creativesplash
Website

I agree with maniqui. I would like to have this feature implemented too. Another feature I would like is a customizable subject (which can be placed inside a hidden form?)

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#511 2006-07-06 11:04:26

6sigma
Website

I’m building a contact page for a client using this plugin. The page in its current state can be seen here. I’ve got this code on a page:
<code>
<div id=“content”>
<txp:zem_contact to=“email addr protected” subject=“Find a SouthWare Dealer” copysender=“yes” form=“contact” label=”“ />
</div>
</code>

And, I’ve got this code in a form:
<code>
<p><txp:zem_contact_text required=“yes” label=“Name” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_text required=“no” label=“Company Name” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_text required=“no” label=“Address 1” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_text required=“no” label=“Address 2” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_text required=“yes” label=“City” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_select list=” ,AL,AK,AZ,AR,CA,CO,CT,DE,etc” required=“yes” label=“State” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_text required=“yes” label=“Zip” max=“10” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_text required=“yes” label=“Telephone” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_email required=“no” /></p>
What is your current system?
<p><txp:zem_contact_textarea required=“no” label=” “ /></p>
Why are you considering a change?
<p><txp:zem_contact_textarea required=“no” label=” “ /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_text required=“no” label=“Type of Business” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_text required=“no” label=“Number of Users” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_text required=“no” label=“Budget” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_submit label=“Send” /></p>
</code>

Here are my questions:
  1. What can I do to get rid of all those validation errors?
  2. How do I add a “from address” to the email my client receives from a sender/submitter?
  3. How do I add “Thanks. Someone will contact you shortly.” to the email the page sends to a sender/submitter?

As always, thanks. Next, I’ve got to tackle the CSS. Any tips?

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#512 2006-07-06 13:11:27

squaredeye
Website

Its all in this forum 6sigma :)
Have a decent read through,
give yourself ten good minutes.
YOu’l find all your answers there.
If not, ask again.

#513 2006-07-06 19:59:02

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

maniqui wrote:

Is there any way to specify the sender’s name (usually, our name) in the “copysender” sent email?
I’m testing the contact form, and as “visitor”, I have received a copy of the e-mail. There, in the sender e-mail it shows: “info@mydomain.com”, but I would like something more personalized, like “Julián / Mydomain.com”.
Another reason for this request: there are services like Google Mail that, in the sender column, hides the domain of the e-mail address.
So, an address like “info@mydomain.com” looks like “info” <—very spam-look-like

I should think it’s very do-able. Can’t say that I’ve looked at the code at all, but I’m assuming that this uses the php mail() function, and the to parameter (and presumably any other email address related headers, such as sender / reply-to, etc) take emails in the RFC 2822 format. What that means, without having to look at that document, is that it should take a normal email, (<code>user@example.com</code>), or one with a name, (<code>User <user@example.com></code>).

So, it should be a slight change. Not really sure who’s maintaining the code (I know that I can’t read through this whole thread), but whoever’s doing it, I would suggest implementing this change.

As maniqui said, it would make it look a lot less spammy. And that’s always good.

My Photoblog, and my personal site. Got nav? ako_nav.
Thanks for taking the time to look…

— vc3 —

#514 2006-07-06 20:36:06

lee

http://wufoo.com/ is a nice form alternative if you have a couple of $

#515 2006-07-07 01:38:12

6sigma
Website

marios wrote:

ma_smith wrote: Why am I getting a validation error and how can I fix it? I’m stumped.
Its an “input” type error, but must have something to do with the layout of my form?

That’s because the two hidden input elements used for the comment form are not wrapped by block level elements. That’s a rather a TXP native problem. The comment form does this, not the plugin.

I think someone-in-the-know was able to extract an answer from this, but can someone tell me more explicitly what to change to make sure the “input type of validation errors” go away. I’m still fighting with this problem. Thanks very much.

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#516 2006-07-07 04:02:58

squaredeye
Website

6sigma,
What’s your doctype?
What version of the plugin are you using?
What are your validation errors?

:)

Matthew

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer