1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#457 2006-04-24 18:03:40

maniqui
Website

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Hi all,

Is there any way to specify the sender’s name (usually, our name) in the “copysender” sent email?

I’m testing the contact form, and as “visitor”, I have received a copy of the e-mail. There, in the sender e-mail it shows: “info@mydomain.com”, but I would like something more personalized, like “Julián / Mydomain.com”.

Another reason for this request: there are services like Google Mail that, in the sender column, hides the domain of the e-mail address.
So, an address like “info@mydomain.com” looks like “info” <— very spam-look-like

Any hint will be appreciated.
Thanks <small>and excuse my english</small>

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#458 2006-04-25 05:12:21

fpradignac
Plugin Author
Website

When you are with “messy url”, the form tag is displaied with “messy” tag action and you keep your <code>&</code> when you have /home/?id=4&c=text for example.
So I put a little str_replace to transform <code>&</code> in <code>& amp ;</code> line 240 :

<code>$reqUri = str_replace(“&”, ‘&amp;’, serverSet(‘REQUEST_URI’)); // amp prevent</code>
<code>return ‘<form method=“post” id=“zemContactForm” action=”’.$reqUri.’”>’. // amp prevent</code>

Hope it’ll help someone.

And hope that Stuart received my private mail about my hack that provide the ability to make multi-language forms.

Last edited by fpradignac (2006-04-25 05:23:34)

françois

#459 2006-04-25 09:27:07

marios
Archived Plugin Author

There is still also some localization issues with non ASCII strings(See Phiwi13n’s request above) if I don’t hear anything, I will try to hack the backend to allow display of those character strings for the companion plugins in the backend and publish it here.
Last but not least many thanks to all of you , who worked on this plugin and made all this possible, including Stuart of course.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#460 2006-05-07 11:28:02

ivorius
Website

Hi, when I install (zem_contact_reborn_4.0.3.17.txt) and active it, then view white page.

I have installed zem_contact 0.6, zem_contact_lang_4.0.3.03.txt, pap_contact_cleaner v0.1.txt

#461 2006-05-07 15:09:05

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Stuart (and team),

thanks for all the work you and the team have put into this plugin—very useful.

I have a feature request for you. Would it be possible to add an additional attribute to the zem_contact tag that would allow the form action to include an in-page jump target? I’ve hacked my install of .17 to do this as it’s not very difficult.

How does this improve your visitor’s experience? Well, it allows you to wrap the zem_contact form with a named div and have the submit jump right back to the form to see your thank-you message or errors. This helps keep them focused on the form and prevent the submit bringing you back to the top of the contact form page. Helpful if the contact form overlaps the fold.

Just an idea. You can check out the implementation on my website contact page to see it in action.

Steve

#462 2006-05-07 20:10:56

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

Steve: You can accomplish much the same thing by using show_error="no" attribute on the contact form, then using another zem_contact_reborn tag at the top of your Page template with show_input="no" to display the error output. See the documentation for more information.

Personally I’d rather not add an additional feature when one already exists to accomplish the same thing. I like how feature-rich this plugin is, but I don’t think it should be made any more complicated than necessary.

#463 2006-05-07 20:12:25

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

ivorius wrote:

I have installed zem_contact 0.6, zem_contact_lang_4.0.3.03.txt, pap_contact_cleaner v0.1.txt

Try removing zem_contact before installing zem_contact_reborn. You might be getting a plugin conflict of some kind.

#464 2006-05-08 01:59:14

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Logoleptic(Adam): thank you for the reply.

I did try that at first but for some reason the show_input=“no” didn’t prevent the default input fields from showing on the page—kind of ugly to have your personalised inputs followed by the defaults. This was some time ago and I didn’t go hunting for the reason for it. However, I was using the plugin in what might be a slightly unusual way: in an article.

I do agree with you though, this is a feature rich plugin.

PS>I like your sig quote!

Steve

#465 2006-05-08 02:11:33

squaredeye
Website

Is anyone getting spammed even when they have the contact cleaner installed?
I’m getting hit several times a day

:(

M

#466 2006-05-08 06:14:39

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

net-carver wrote:

I did try that at first but for some reason the show_input=“no” didn’t prevent the default input fields from showing on the page

That’s odd. Could be a bug, I suppose. Try my suggestion below first, though…

I was using the plugin in what might be a slightly unusual way: in an article.

I’m using it in an article, too. Seems to be doing okay for me that way. If you’re not already, try just using the <txp:zem_contact /> tag in your article with whatever options you need (such as show_error="no") and form="[your form name here]". Put the field layout into the specified form instead of in the article. Perhaps that would fix your problems.

More detailed instructions can be found in the documentation.

PS>I like your sig quote!

Thanks. :-)

#467 2006-05-08 11:00:28

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Logoleptic wrote:

<snip>…If you’ve not already, try just using the <txp:zem_contact /> tag in your article with whatever options you need (such as show_error="no") and form="[your form name here]". Put the field layout into the specified form instead of in the article. Perhaps that would fix your problems.

Hello, that might be it. I am simply using all the fields I wanted in the article body between the <txp:zem_contact> and </txp:zem_contact> tags. That means no form attribute to the tag.

I just did a quick test on my localhost setup. Not quite what you suggested above but just to repro the problem.

I added one <txp:zem_contact (...snip...) show_input="no"/> before the existing tag and changed the existing tag to have a show_errors=“no”.

Here’s the page as I fill it out with some junk — no problem so far.

Here’s the result —yuck!

When I try to move the field defs from my article into another form and include it using the form=“name” attribute, I get an error on my page saying: ‘form ”contact_form” does not exist’! :(

Never mind. For now the implementation I have will do fine but I would like to get to the bottom of this eventually.

Thanks for all your help Adam.

Steve

#468 2006-05-09 12:21:58

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

Sorry I couldn’t help you get it working the way you wanted. I haven’t messed with the separation of error messages from the form itself yet, since all my contact forms have been at or near the top of the page they appear on. If all else fails, I suppose you could move the form up?

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer