2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#385 2006-03-23 08:28:56

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

wet wrote:

Thats because pap_contact_cleaner inserts a <div> past the form. Though tranquillo styles it with visibility: hidden; it somehow has a notable height at least in IE6.

display:none is one option, although I’ve had problems with that in IE 6 (still included in a submission, real weird — iExploder…)

visibility: hidden; height:1px; overflow:hidden; will work well.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#386 2006-03-23 14:45:50

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

My experience with display:none; suggests using both that and a negative margin fix at the same time. I think most browsers can do one or the other and many do both. You should also specify a height for IE6, usually 1px as shown above, otherwise it throws a wobbly. I also know that we had the option of putting the div itself inside the form as well so what thoughts on that? I’ll look at the display:none; and negative margin anyway. I don’t know how much of this thread you have read but version .18 which is currently being tested does not use the pap_contact_cleaner plug-in, indeed it doesn’t have the API either as we are looking to make the base code as secure as possible and remove it’s dependancy on add-ons so to some extent this is likely to be a temporary problem for you. Let me know if you prefer the div inside the form or not.

Last edited by thebombsite (2006-03-23 14:50:45)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#387 2006-03-23 15:08:15

mrdale
Website

error dl instead of ul?

I have one form in a ul in my sidedar that get’s automatically collapsed. The error message in a ul royally screws this arrangement up. So I hacked my version to display errors in a dl instead of a ul. Perhaps this change would be useful to others… or not. Thoughts?

Just a thought untill .18 gets released, and we get to use show_error…

Last edited by mrdale (2006-03-23 15:09:49)

#388 2006-03-23 17:03:58

roelof

Hello,

If a only use the contact-form without the send option.
Im a safe for spam or do i have to use the pap_contact_cleaner.
If so, where can i find it.

Roelof

#389 2006-03-23 17:28:33

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

thebombsite wrote:

My experience with display:none; suggests using both that and a negative margin fix at the same time. I think most browsers can do one or the other and many do both. You should also specify a height for IE6, usually 1px as shown above, otherwise it throws a wobbly.

Using display:none by itself seems to be working okay in IE6 for me, but I haven’t done backward-compatibility checks in earlier versions of IE yet. I’ll be installing the stand-alone versions of IE 5.01 and 5.5 this weekend, along with the latest beta of IE7. We’ll see how it goes.

You can get a look at the contact form in question here. From what I’ve seen on two computers running IE6, the spacing between the form and the heading below it seems correct.

I also know that we had the option of putting the div itself inside the form as well so what thoughts on that?

I’d considered that as another possible fix, but once I learned that visibility:hidden was being used I figured changing it to display:none was the fastest way to go. I don’t have time to test the in-form idea myself, but I’d be interested in hearing how someone else does with it.

#390 2006-03-24 00:31:08

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@ roelof – you are advised to use the pap_contact_cleaner plug-in whatever setup you use with the current version. You can find it on page 1 of this thread with the main plug-ins.

Last edited by thebombsite (2006-03-24 00:32:00)

Stuart

#391 2006-03-24 10:01:13

roelof

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
Im now using this plugin for my site.

But now i want to make a custom layout for the form.

My html looks like this :
<code>
<div id=“content”>

<h3>Hier kunt u uw opmerkingen/vragen aan mij mailen</h3>
<form method=“post” id=“zemContactForm” action=”/contact”>
<fieldset>
<legend>Contact</legend>
<input type=“hidden” name=“zem_contact_nonce” value=“d3835aeecafd91570c9c858a9e03a30f” /><br />
<label for=“uwnaam” class=” uwnaam”> Uw naam</label><br /><input type=“text” id=“uwnaam” class=”“ name=“uwnaam” value=”“ maxlength=“100” /><br /><br />
<label for=“uwemailadres” class=” uwemailadres”>Uw email adres</label><br /><input type=“text” id=“uwemailadres” class=”“ name=“uwemailadres” value=”“ maxlength=“100” /><br /><br />
<label for=“uwbericht” class=” uwbericht”>Uw bericht</label><br /><textarea id=“uwbericht” class=”“ name=“uwbericht” cols=“58” rows=“8”></textarea><br /><br />
<input type=“submit” id=“zemSubmit” name=“zem_contact_submit” value=“verzenden” />

</fieldset><div style=“visibility: hidden”><input type=“text” name=“phone” value=”“ id=“phone” /><br /><input type=“text” name=“mail” value=”“ id=“mail” /></div>
</form>
</div>
</code>

my css is this : <code> #commentinput { width:200px; padding:10px; position:fixed; top:100px; background-color:#636363; z-index:1; }
  • html #commentinput { position:relative; float:left; top:10px; }
    #txpCommentInputForm { }

#commentinput label { text-transform:uppercase; font-size:.8em; }
#name, #emailform.email, #emailform.web, #emailform.message { margin:3px 0 10px 0; padding:3px 0; border:1px solid #999; font-family:verdana; font-size:.9em; background-color:#dfdfdf; }
#name {width:120px;}
#remember, #forget {margin-right:3px;}
#email, #web, #message {width:200px;}
#message { font-size:.9em; height:90px; }

</code>

regards,

roelof

#392 2006-03-24 11:17:02

maniqui
Website

roelof wrote:

But now i want to make a custom layout for the form.

My html looks like this :

my css is this :

and your question is…?

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#393 2006-03-24 11:32:20

roelof

my question is why the css is not beeing seen.
Nothings has changed.

Roelof

Not ned help anymore.
I solved the puzzle with <code>
#textarea and #input </code>

Last edited by roelof (2006-03-24 13:33:13)

#394 2006-03-24 22:16:53

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

You might be better specifying #zemContactForm textarea and #zemContactForm input or it may conflict with other inputs and textareas such as your comment_form and search.

Stuart

#395 2006-03-27 19:20:40

alannie

Love the new radio button feature. I am having some issues with the display of duplicate error messages when a required field is not filled in. I’ve checked to ensure my contact form contains only one set of <code>txp:zem_contact</code> tags, plus there’s only one <code>txp:article</code> tag in my template. Any other ideas on what could be causing this duplication?

Possibly related: I have another contact form on my site using the same template, except it’s in a “sticky” article rather than a “live” article. The duplication doesn’t happen there, but making the other form a “sticky” article is not an option.

Any ideas much appreciated, thanks.

#396 2006-03-27 19:44:39

maniqui
Website

hi Alannie,

Are you putting the contact tags inside an article and calling the contact form with txp:article?
Me thinks: You are using an unusual method to display your zem contact form.

It’s more usual to create the contact form as a form (in Presentation -> Form) and then call it from the page template with <txp:zem_contact to="meexample.com” form=“contacto” label=”“ />@, where form="contacto" is the name of the form you created before…

Maybe this fix your issue.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer