1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#349 2006-03-15 21:07:29

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

@ P Where are you placing the “copysender” attribute? It should be in the <code><zem_contact /></code> tag which, looking above, is part of your form. You aren’t trying to use the tag twice are you?

@Logoleptic – I don’t think you can place HTML code into the “label” attribute. Just use the text that you require then style “legend” in your CSS.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#350 2006-03-15 21:34:12

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

thebombsite wrote:

@Logoleptic – I don’t think you can place HTML code into the “label” attribute. Just use the text that you require then style “legend” in your CSS.

Thanks for the follow-up. The problem is that I only want to style one part of the legend — to use an <em> on the part that says all fields are required.

I may be able to hack around it with the <txp:php> tag and an echo, however. That would put the text in during a second pass on the page. If not, I can just put the instructions within the fieldset.

#351 2006-03-15 22:31:58

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@ Logoleptic – Could you pop it in as a separate “p” tag at the top of the form so that it sits under the legend? Or you could hack it straight into the code here:-

<code>
return ‘<form method=“post” id=“zemContactForm” action=”’.serverSet(‘REQUEST_URI’).’”>’.
( $label ? n.’<fieldset>’ : n.’<div>’ ).
( $label ? n.’<legend>’.$label.’</legend>’ : ‘’ ).</code>
<br />

Just replace the <code>’.$label.’</code> between the “legend” tags with what you want (he says, praying to the god of intelligence that he got that right). ;)

Last edited by thebombsite (2006-03-15 22:36:14)

Stuart

#352 2006-03-15 22:35:05

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@ P I’ve set up my testing site with copysender=“yes” and it’s working for me. By all means give it a try.

I haven’t altered anything to do with “copysender” so it should still work for you. Of course that is logical so it’s bound to be <code><txp:false /></code>. :)

Last edited by thebombsite (2006-03-15 22:37:56)

Stuart

#353 2006-03-15 22:37:19

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

thebombsite wrote:

Could you pop it in as a separate “p” tag at the top of the form so that it sits under the legend?

Yeah, that’s what I meant when I said I could put it within the <fieldset> element. Sorry, I could’ve been a little more clear there. Seems like the easiest solution, though I haven’t had the opportunity to try the PHP aproach yet.

#354 2006-03-16 11:14:26

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@-p-:
Don’t go cookoo, either.
I tested it using email addresses with two different providers and with one I had the same problems. It might have something to do with provider settings. I’ll have a further look at it.

#355 2006-03-16 12:54:47

squaredeye
Website

Tranquillo,
SInce I’m the only one threatening cuckoo(ness), I assume you are talking about the error issues.
Thanks for working on it. ;)

#356 2006-03-16 15:14:20

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@ma_smith:
“SInce I’m the only one threatening cuckoo(ness), I assume you are talking about the error issues.”
No, I really meant P
The error issue seems to be solved in the version, that stuart announced. It just has to pass his eagle eyes before we’re sure about it.

Last edited by tranquillo (2006-03-16 17:47:20)

#357 2006-03-16 18:28:01

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

As far as I’m aware now, certainly from my own testing, all “error” issues bar one (see below) have been resolved. The only one that was outstanding related to the <code><zem_contact_select /></code> tag which was fixed in this latest release, but I’m open to any contradiction.

Having said that the one “error” issue still outstanding relates to the “show_error” attribute which has been fixed for the next version, but whilst it is an “error” issue it is unrelated to the above which is concerned with styling of the labels and fields.

Last edited by thebombsite (2006-03-18 11:48:48)

Stuart

#358 2006-03-18 10:52:51

-P-

thebombsite wrote:

@ P Where are you placing the “copysender” attribute? It should be in the <code><zem_contact /></code> tag which, looking above, is part of your form. You aren’t trying to use the tag twice are you?

The form is like I posted, no double tags anymore. Have I forgotten something?

edit: Thank you Tranquillo and Stuart, so there was something else than me beeing blonde going on ? :D

But to another problem. I received today spam emails sent via my contact form again. Seems to be same kind of spam than earlier. Contact_reborn version .16, pap_contact cleaner installed as well. Here´s is content of one of those emails.

<code>
Name: irconnel8129@princessdom.com

Email: irconnel8129@princessdom.com

Subject: hearing
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=75c72fa09a1d814844e460605897864e
MIME-Version

IP: 68.87.71.180

Browser:

Refered by: http://www.princessdom.com/
</code>

Last edited by -P- (2006-03-18 10:58:22)

#359 2006-03-18 11:11:42

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Morning P

Would I ever accuse you of just being plain blonde? :)

Your first point first. I couldn’t see the “copysender” attribute so I thought you might be calling the form using the tag and thus doubling-up. It should be used something like <code><txp:zem_contact to=“me@myaddress.com” copysender=“yes”></code>.

I will try and attract Tranquillo’s attention to your second problem. Would you be interested in testing our latest version or would that make you feel too exposed?

Stuart

#360 2006-03-18 11:23:12

-P-

Morning Stu, it´s noon here!

I can test the latest version on my personal site princessdom, since it is just a personal site. I have been having lately active contact_reborn only on two of my personal sites but just few days ago dared to activate it on two business sites I host (which emails sent via contact form I don´t naturally receive) and main concern now is offcourse the ability to offer safe contact form for my clients so I rather be a sitting duck with my personal domain :D

Is the latest version .17?

psst. I am not real blonde :O

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer