You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#157 2006-01-30 06:23:20

pfactor
Website

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Thanks for the hints, but unfortunately the text in the ul when there is an error is still not getting styled by my CSS.

I tried ul.zemError and even ul.zemError, li.zemError, p.zemError with no luck. My contact page is at http://pfactor.com/contact if you want to see the actual page and CSS involved. Just hit “Send” without filling in any fields, and you should see the list of errors at the top in black, instead of red as I expected.

I’m sure I’m doing something simple wrong, but I can’t figure it out.

Phil

#158 2006-01-30 07:10:43

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

That’s weird! I can tell you that “li.zemError” and “p.zemError” don’t exist so there’s not much point using those but try “ul.zemError li”.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#159 2006-01-30 13:29:31

jstubbs
Website

pfactor, try the CSS I posted above:

<code>ul.zemError {list-style-type: none; margin: 5px; padding: 2px; border: 1px #f00 solid; color:#f00; background:#fff;}
</code>

#160 2006-01-30 14:21:59

tinyfly
Website

Yes pfactor, as the bombsite said use ul.zemerror li{color: #800;}. You have a color: #000; on an li higher up in your css that takes precedence over anything else you have tried so far. If that still doesn’t work you can do this ul.zemerror li{color: #800 !important;}.

#161 2006-01-30 16:42:40

pfactor
Website

> tinyfly wrote:
> Yes pfactor, as the bombsite said use ul.zemError li{color: #800;}.

That did the trick. Thanks so much!

Phil

#162 2006-01-30 18:08:09

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Another happy user. :)

Stuart

#163 2006-02-01 11:09:05

Champak

1/ Very basic problem/question…I think. I want to either change the size of that CSS box that is partially around the contact form, or remove it all together. Please tell me where exactly the code to change that is?

Also

2/ Is it possible to have a contact form and a send article link on the same page/article? If so, I can’t get mine to work. When I put the two on the same form, the contact form doesn’t display, then when I click the send article link, it opens up the contact form. What should I be doing?

Thanks.

Last edited by Champak (2006-02-01 11:36:14)

#164 2006-02-01 12:04:34

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

1. In your CSS try using <code>form#zemContactForm fieldset {border: 0;}</code>. I don’t believe it can be “sized” though you could try it.

2. You probably haven’t created a separate form to be used with the “Send Article” link. It has to be a different form to the normal “Contact” form due to the special attributes required for it to work properly. This is mentioned in the Help text. Whether they clash with each other is another matter. Off-hand I can’t think why someone would want both within an article. Seems like a very odd request to me. :)

Last edited by thebombsite (2006-02-01 12:05:25)

Stuart

#165 2006-02-01 18:04:12

mrdale
Website

Is there any more interest in altering this plugin to optionally output HTML via an attribute?

All it would require is the following:

1. add an attribute called “contentType” that would accept “html” or “text”
  2. in the case of HTML wrap the output of fields in <p> tags

Conceptually, it’s simple. I’d do it but I don’t know how.

In particular I need this so that when the “send to a friend” option is used, the article’s html doesn’t show as code. I’ve hacked it to produce HTML output, but then all the fields other than the message body run up against eachother.

#166 2006-02-01 18:19:18

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’m thinking that not everyone will accept an email in HTML. I’m also thinking that maybe the better option would be to strip the article before it goes into the message so that it looks OK as plain text, but I’m in the same boat as you as far as getting it done is concerned. On the basis that someone can figure it out do you think that’s a better option?

Stuart

#167 2006-02-01 22:22:11

Champak

The style thing worked, thanks.

> thebombsite wrote:

> Off-hand I can’t think why someone would want both within an article. Seems like a very odd request to me. :)

The particular section that I’m setting up is a joke section. On each page there is a “send this joke to a friend”, and there is a “do you want to submit a joke”.

The contact email works fine, but I can’t get the send email to work. Here is what I have.

1/ My main form I have the following(minus other stuff that isn’t important to this):
<code><txp:zem_contact to=“XXXX@XXXX.com” /></txp:zen_contact></code>
(main contact form, and which I replaced the default form in the script with my own custom info boxes)
and
<code><txp:zem_contact_send_article form=“From Form”></txp:zem_contact_send_article></code>
(the tell a friend form)

2/ Then in the tell a friend form I have:
<code><txp:zem_contact send_article=“yes” />
<txp:zem_contact_email name=“receiver” />
<txp:zem_contact_text label=“friend” />
<txp:zem_contact_text label=“from” />
<txp:zem_contact_textarea label=“info” />
<txp:zem_contact_submit label=“Submit” />
</txp:zem_contact></code>

3/ Also in the script I changed <code>‘send_article’ => ‘no’,</code> to <code>‘send_article’ => ‘yes’,</code>

Can you help please?

#168 2006-02-02 11:43:38

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Champak wrote:

1/ My main form I have the following(minus other stuff that isn’t important to this):
<code><txp:zem_contact to=“XXXX@XXXX.com” /></txp:zen_contact></code>
(main contact form, and which I replaced the default form in the script with my own custom info boxes)
and
<code><txp:zem_contact_send_article form=“From Form”></txp:zem_contact_send_article></code>

<code><txp:zem_contact_send_article /></code> is a single tag, that outputs the send_article link, nothing else.

You have to put on your page <code><txp:zem_contact></txp:zem_contact></code> twice, once with the “to” attribute for the joke submit and another with the send_article=“yes” attribute, for the tell a friend functionality (and delete <code><zem_contact></zem_contact></code> from the form).

Last edited by tranquillo (2006-02-02 11:46:18)

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer