You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#133 2006-01-25 08:28:10

Konijn

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

> thebombsite wrote:

> The form already has an id=“zemContactForm”.

Do I need to make this active?
When i look in my page source I dont see an ID

#134 2006-01-25 08:51:20

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

In that case you may still be using the original “zem_contact” plug-in and not this one. May I suggest you download the latest version of “zem_contact_reborn” but you must read the help text as certain things have changed.

The most important of these is that “mailto” is now “to” and required=1 is now required=“yes”.

Last edited by thebombsite (2006-01-25 08:57:25)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#135 2006-01-26 20:22:09

-P-

Hi!

Have one suggestion/question. Is it difficult or even possible make an option that adds for example text “Here is your copy of email sent” to the posters copy of the submitted email? And/or to subject “Copy:” Contact form results when subject is set to Contact form results.

I know that with reborn I can style thanks-form and add that text there but it would be great to have it automatically submitted to sender copy email.

Other thing that would make my life perfect would be option to select language on bi or multilanguage installations. So if section=“in finnish” ‘thanks_form’ => ‘‘kiitos”, if section=“in english” ‘thanks_form’ => ‘‘thanks” or could it be easier if there were possibility to use two zem_contact_reborns in same installation, other one in english, other one with language needed and call them zem_contact1 and zem_contact2?

Don´t get me wrong, I totally love this plugin like it is. These options just would be awesome if it even is possible to make them?

Last edited by -P- (2006-01-26 20:24:16)

#136 2006-01-26 22:28:47

jdykast
Website

Stuart-
I had asked earlier about adding an error class to elements within the form. I started digging around the code a bit and worked up a quick solution (this may not be the best solution though). For the elements that I want to check for errors I added the following before the <code>return</code> line:

<pre>
if (is_array($zem_contact_error)) { $isError = “ errorElement”;
}
</pre>

Then I added <code>$isError</code> to the class attribute of the appropriate tags. This may not be the most elegant or robust solution but it seems to do the job. What says you?

#137 2006-01-27 01:45:17

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

What says me is thank you. I shall pick that code up and test it out. If it’s doing the job I shall include it in the next release.

@-p- Nice suggestions. I shall look at the first one for you. As far as the language text goes, I’m not sure at the moment what will be happening to it. Someone is looking at separating it out so a more permanent solution to your problem could be sorted out at that point. In the mean time your idea of having 2 copies with different names should work as long as they don’t appear on the same page at the same time else there would certainly be validation problems with repeated “id” names. Any other problems I can’t foresee at the moment. If you want to send me an email to stuart at thebombsite dot com I can send you a renamed copy so that you can try it out.

And if anyone can explain to me how you pick up the value of a checkbox function to use within the main form function, I would be most grateful. Damn thing is doing my head in!

Stuart

#138 2006-01-27 04:18:33

mrdale
Website

When I use the <txp:zem_contact_send_article> option, to mail an article to a friend, the resulting email has a text header and the article content is of-course html. Anyway to adjust it so that the hearder is HTML?

This plugin has really come along, function-wise since it was reborn. Thanks to everyone for their work.

UPDATE: found the place in code where the plugin specifies content type. Changing the content type makes the article look nice, but destroys the field information’s layout. I’ll look into it a bit more…

Last edited by mrdale (2006-01-27 04:25:05)

#139 2006-01-27 04:34:49

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

If you find the answer let us know please. :)

I’ve just added the code from jdykast to allow styling for labels, inputs and textarea when an error is thrown (which also works for the “email a friend” function I should add). You can see both in action on my /test/ install. Just click the “send” button without entering anything. I’m now looking at p’s request to add a title to a copy email. Once that is out of the way I shall look into this myself though I’m now going to eat. I’m bloody starving here. :)

I shall also add some pointers for classes to the help text so that people know what they are looking for CSS-wise.

Last edited by thebombsite (2006-01-27 04:37:41)

Stuart

#140 2006-01-27 08:57:04

-P-

<blockquote> >thebombsite wrote:

> @-p- Nice suggestions. I shall look at the first one for you. As far as the language text goes, I’m not sure at the moment what will be happening to it. Someone is looking at separating it out so a more permanent solution to your problem could be sorted out at that point. In the mean time your idea of having 2 copies with different names should work as long as they don’t appear on the same page at the same time else there would certainly be validation problems with repeated “id” names. Any other problems I can’t foresee at the moment. If you want to send me an email to stuart at thebombsite dot com I can send you a renamed copy so that you can try it out.</blockquote>

Okay, nice to hear that my thoughts were not totally irrelevant :D

Sites in question have completely separated sections with different languages. I will email you.

That different subject in senders copy, for example text “copy” was something I ran into yesterday when testing this plugin on one istallation… and I was basically sending emails to my self. Realized that the senders copy of the email can be little confusing since it doesn´t indicate anyway beeing a copy, just might make the receiver of the email feel “Wow, aint the response quick” thoug it is just the copy.
But anyway, as it it, I feel the senders copy is allready a great add on and feature. Thank you Stuart!

#141 2006-01-27 10:41:23

els

P wrote:

Sites in question have completely separated sections with different languages.

Did you have a look at my temporary solution?

#142 2006-01-27 11:10:59

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@-p- Actually Els has a good solution there assuming you are working within sections. It would save having 2 copies running. If you keep a copy of the language function somewhere safe as a txt file you can simply copy/paste it back in when there is a new version release, checking for any additions first.

Talking of which, version .11 is now available from your local “711”. With a bit of prompting from jdykast I have now added a special class for labels, inputs and the textarea for when a related error is output. It all seems to be working OK. I’ve been up all night deliberately missing out inputs and putting stupid email addresses in and I haven’t found any problems. Yet! :)
Oh and if you were wondering, all this extra styling stuff works for the “Email to a friend” function as well.

Last edited by thebombsite (2006-01-27 11:18:39)

Stuart

#143 2006-01-27 11:19:54

dominik.osterholt

I’m really wondering if nobody else than me is in need – or would at least appreciate the implementation of – radio buttons in this plugin. For feedback purposes, such as rating scales (from 1 to 6, e. g. very good to very bad), I think radio buttons are much more intuitive than dropdown lists. Since checkboxes allow multiple selections, they are inappropriate for this use, too.

Maybe someone has modified the code on his own?

#144 2006-01-27 11:32:31

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@Dominik – I have been considering this since you first mentioned it but I’m not sure it’s something that would be popular, nor that it should be a part of a contact form plug-in. There is a specific “ratings” plug-in already available. Have you had a look at that?

Stuart

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer