You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#793 2010-11-11 14:38:26

ecklesroad
Plugin Author
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

hvid wrote:

Hi Patrick
Thanks again, I have everything working except the link function, if I click the link icon a window pops up but nothing loads in the window.
Any ideas?

cheers for your help

Client I do a site for also just mentioned this also. I tried the Site URL to www.bemidji.com and bemidji.com to no avail. The link popup just comes up empty. Here’s the /themes/advanced/link.htm file that I get

#794 2010-11-11 19:12:44

ecklesroad
Plugin Author
Website

And now it turns out it disappears in v 4.3

#795 2010-11-11 20:38:16

hakjoon
Website

Sorry I haven’t had a chance to even look at 4.3. Are you getting any errors? Same with teh link popup issue are you getting any errors?

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#796 2010-11-11 20:52:53

tye
Website

I just installed a fresh 4.3 yesterday with TinyMCE and don’t have any problems with the link or images.

But my url textpattern/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/link.htm also shows blank… but the button works :)

#797 2010-11-11 20:55:48

ecklesroad
Plugin Author
Website

I think the problem is with Chrome. I was able to get it to load in 4.3 in IE and FF

#798 2010-11-15 21:04:47

M Triplett
Website

hakjoon
i’ve been searching the forums but i’m still a bit unclear if my solution is to add TinyMCE:Plugins/media to my tinyMCE. I’m having problems when tinyMCE is activated to embed a vimeo video using the html.. i afraid to allow my client to get into the plugins folder.. here is the code..I’m trying to embed.
<iframe src=‘http://player.vimeo.com/video/15336921?byline=0&amp;portrait=0’ width=‘380’ height=‘214’ frameborder=‘0’></iframe>

i’m new to textpattern so i appreciate any advice.
thank you!

#799 2010-11-16 18:39:26

hakjoon
Website

MTriplett: You could probably just add the iframe tag to extended_valid_elements I haven’t used the media plugin. It could work too. There is a thread in the forum about adding vimeo support to it but it’s pretty old so i don’t know if it still works. http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=13845

#800 2010-12-04 19:04:47

jagorny
Website

Any suggestions as to how this plugin could work in a multisite installation?

I have noted that post #788 above says that the accessed url needs to be the same as the site url in the preferences setting.

This doesn’t work if you are running a multisite install or otherwise have an administrative backend URL that is different from the front end displayed URL.

For example, I run the admin for a site from admin.domain.com – but in the preferences the site itself is public at www.domain.com.

The plugin either needs to be able to test for a different admin vs public domain or else needs to allow for an admin preference to comply with the xss testing.

Thanks,
Jacob

P.S. I just tried using the non-subdomain way of providing admin support. In other words, using the same domain.com/admin – still fails to load the image chooser correctly.

There was no problem when installed on the single site install – but I’m wanting to go multi-site.

P.P.S. something else worth noting – the category dropdown also does not load – it may be having issues grabbing the image categories.

Last edited by jagorny (2010-12-04 23:53:37)

#801 2010-12-06 19:42:44

hakjoon
Website

I don’t have an easy solution for this at the moment, and I’m not really familiar with the whole multi-site setup thing.

Help me out here:

Where can I find out the admin url? Is it set in a config somewhere?

Do you go to admin.domain.com/textpattern/ when you go into the admin or is it just straight admin.domain.com? The plugin will probably need to compensate for that.

I know I can figure all this out by setting up a multi-site install but answers to tehse question should give me an idea of how much work needs to be done to support multi-site installs.

#802 2010-12-07 16:52:24

jayrope
Plugin Author
Website Mastodon

Hello there,
first of all my compliments to this plugin and the author. This is VERY helpful.
Now i wonder: Is there a way to use this on the frontend already?
Any hints are appreciated.
Thanx much in advance!

A hole turned upside down is a dome, when there’s also gravity.

#803 2010-12-07 18:52:26

hakjoon
Website

You can use TinyMCE like normal in the front end. The plugin mostly deals with write tab integration.

Simple instructions

Last edited by hakjoon (2010-12-07 18:52:49)

#804 2010-12-10 03:25:39

jagorny
Website

Hi hakjoon,

Multisite installation: If you review the stock install of txp 4.3.0 you will see on the same level of the ‘textpattern’ folder a ‘sites’ folder with a ‘site1’ folder inside.

Within that folder are three subfolders:

admin which contains symlinks to assets in the textpattern folder,
private which contains a config-dist.php file and will contain a real config.php file when using multi-site (and not really much else),
public which contains symlinks to a few areas but most importantly this contains the images folder

I am guessing the problem lies in looking for the images folder above textpattern, when in the multi-site install the images are in a public vs. admin part of the file tree.

I thought there might be a problem using a subdomain admin.domain.com with a public at www.domain.com but that turned out to not be the issue. You can either create a virtual host subdomain that points to the admin folder or else just refer to the admin folder instead of the textpattern folder when logging in.

For example, regular installs would likely go to http://www.domain.com/textpattern to sign in. Multi-site folks may set it up as http://admin.domain.com/ (pointing to the admin subfolder in the respective sites folder) or to http://www.domain.com/admin/ which simply provides direct access to the admin folder.

Neither of the multisite options provide navigation to the core textpattern folder itself – this allows multi-site installations to upgrade the textpattern core for all installed sites – because they all symlink back to the root textpattern codebase folder.

Last edited by jagorny (2010-12-10 03:26:32)

Board footer