Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#337 2007-08-21 18:39:12

hakjoon
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

The newer version of tinyMCE introduced a forced_root_block function which should do this. You’d have to upgrade the bundled editor, which should be fairly straight forward.

Otherwise I wrote a Save Callback function that will do that for you on save. It will introduce paragraphs as soon as you hit return so it’s only really an issue for single line entries.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#338 2007-08-23 07:54:29

Timid&friendly
Website

Thx for the answer. Great news.

I only downloaded the plugin 2 days ago so I would have thought that I had the new version?

However where would i locate the appropriate file to manually update, Could you tell me it’s name and folder location please?

I think, therefore I AM, … … er … I think :-?

#339 2007-08-23 14:21:26

hakjoon
Website

hak_tinymce is just a TXP integration of Moxiecode’s TinyMCE editor . So I maintain the TXP integration but TinyMCE is developed on it’s own schedule.

I only bundle versions I have had a chance to test. This is mostly because i know those versions work well together. The bundled TinyMCE install is pristine so it’s easy and so far has been problem free to upgrade the install.

The only extra thing is the image browser, in /tiny_mce/plugins/txpimage/ just drop that in the plugins folder of your new install.

The reason the bundles version somtimes gets out of date is that they release updates when I am busy on other projects and don’t have time to test the new versions.

If anyone who upgrade could report back on success or failure that would speed up including new versions in the bundle.

#340 2007-08-23 21:12:05

Timid&friendly
Website

I would love to test things for you, but i am having trouble understanding what is required.

I’m a designer not a programmer.

I downloaded the latest version of your TXP plugin AND 2.1.2 and compared the two.

I see indeed that your version has a txpimage/ folder. I found a file called “editor_plugin.js” but have no idea what to replace where.

Am i supposed to take the “editor_plugin.js” from the /tiny_mce/plugins/advimage/ and place it in the /tiny_mce/plugins/txpimage/
?

#341 2007-08-23 21:19:14

hakjoon
Website

Let’s say you install my version in textpattern/tiny_mce/ You can then install 2.1.2 in textpattern/test/tiny_mce/ for example.

Copy the whole txpimage folder from textpattern/tiny_mce/plugins/ to textpattern/test/tiny_mce/plugins

In the extensions tab change the location of the tinymce.js to textpattern/test/tiny_mce/tinymce.js

You will now be using the new version on your site instead of the older version. If everything works alright let me know and I can update the bundle. If things don’t work let me know too so I can prioritize fixing it.

Does that make sense?

#342 2007-08-24 00:13:27

Timid&friendly
Website

ok thx, that makes more sense.

However I got the following fire error readings:-

tinyMCE_GZ is not defined

tinyMCE is not defined
[Break on this error] tinyMCE.init(hak_mceSettings[“body”]);

tinyMCE is not defined
tinyMCE.settings = hak_mceSettings[elementLC]; // this tells tinyMCE which config to use

———

Not working at all

Last edited by Timid&friendly (2007-08-24 00:15:10)

#343 2007-08-24 00:34:16

Timid&friendly
Website

I turned off gzip and it worked again.

But still doesn’t give me <p> formated text “Unless” I do a return after the text. Then it wraps the text with a <p> but adds in additin an extra paragraph <p>text after hard return</p><p>&nbsp;</p>, That isn’t the end of the world but seems odd.

I did however think that new version would automatcally place all content in a block container when Publishing(saving).

Last edited by Timid&friendly (2007-08-24 00:35:16)

#344 2007-08-24 03:04:22

hakjoon
Website

You might need to turn that setting on. I don’t think it’s on by default. The callback function on my site works pretty well.

I think the gzip compressor is a separate download.

#345 2007-08-24 07:58:03

Timid&friendly
Website

In retrospect i realise that this only occurs IF the article contains only ONE sentence. In practise that hardly ever happens, so i guess things are fine. When i get a moment i’ll try and sort out the gzip compressor prob. Probly just want the download installed :-) I appreciate your time thanks

Last edited by Timid&friendly (2007-08-27 06:08:53)

#346 2007-09-25 07:28:38

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

Hi, it appears that the sort order for the “Use textile” select menu is localized in 4.0.5 (and earlier too?) so the selectedIndex is not working when toggling the editor on and off (e.g. I don’t get “Textile” again, but “Convert linebreaks” since i use a Swedish version). Could you please check for the value 0,1,2 instead? I have the values in the order of 0,2,1 now.

cheers,

/Anton

#347 2007-09-25 13:31:45

hakjoon
Website

I thought that’s what I checked for already but I’ll double check. That piece seems to change with every release.

I think I had worked around something because it did not pass values in 4.0.2 or something like that. I don’t fully remember. Whatever it was it doesn’t seem necessary anymore.

Last edited by hakjoon (2007-09-25 17:15:37)

#348 2007-10-02 02:52:50

hakjoon
Website

Alright, Version 0.7.4. I don’t know if the order changed between 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 or what, but the order seems to be the same in all languages for now.

I’ll try to come up with something a little more future proof when I have more time. For now this should get it working again. Sorry it took a bit longer, I’ve been swamped.

Board footer