Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#133 2006-06-28 06:19:42

Timid&friendly
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

hakjoon wrote:

If you click the toggle option it should expand to offer checkboxes for article and excerpt. If you click the checkbox the editor should appear. Is that not happening?

Thanks for the quick response.

The answer is unfortunatly no i don’t see anything when i click on the check boxes for article or insert???

I triple checked by trying it i 3 different browsers. I tested also on the PC IE6.0
It gave the following errors:-

line: 2
character: 1
problem: Syntax error
code: 0

line: 170
character: 2
problem: tinyMCE is not identified

line: 78
character: 3
problem: tinyMCE is not identified

And when i click on the articleexcert toggles using FF 1.5 on the mac i notice it send a request to the server but doesn’t finish it, i.e. the message “waiting for mydomain.com” hmmmm

Any tip anyone????

I think, therefore I AM, … … er … I think :-?

#134 2006-06-28 12:44:30

hakjoon
Website

Timid&friendly wrote:
And when i click on the articleexcert toggles using FF 1.5 on the mac i notice it send a request to the server but doesn’t finish it, i.e. the message “waiting for mydomain.com” hmmmm

This is a bug with Firefox and Tiny. Everything works fine but sometimes you get that continuously loading message. It doesn’t actually affect anything (if the editor is actually loading of course)

As far as all the javascript errors are concerned it seems like it’s not finding the tiny_mce script. Try going to

http://*www.yourdomain.com*/textpattern/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js (use your actual domain name)

And see if it can find the file. If it can’t then it seems to be some sort of path problem.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#135 2006-06-28 20:31:28

Timid&friendly
Website

Man i want to really say thanks.

I missed the JS files for some stupid reason. DOH! {#O

It works great. Thanks for your time.

I think, therefore I AM, … … er … I think :-?

#136 2006-07-10 19:19:58

beztak
Website

Hakjoon, please, can you tell me how to in the easist way disable tiny_mce for ALL excerpts. I need tiny_mce only for the body…

#137 2006-07-10 21:13:12

hakjoon
Website

eeek that one’s not easy. Even with the update I’m making it won’t be easy since there isn’t a global textile toggle just for excerpts.

I can add another admin switch to determine which of the editing areas to allow triggering the editor for but I can’t think of another way of doing it.

Let me see how involved that is to add I was about to release the update tonight.

#138 2006-07-10 22:23:31

LeeUmm
Website

hakjoon wrote:
I was about to release the update tonight.

Oh wow that would be awesome. It would really help me out on a few projects I’m working on.

I was going to ask when to expect an update, now I know my answer :D

#139 2006-07-10 23:08:47

hakjoon
Website

Hak_tinymce version 0.6

New in this update:

• Updated to TinyMCE 2.0.6.1
  • New options to set Init strings for Article and Excerpt in admin panel
  • New image browser
  • Option to create callback functions in Admin panel
  • Option to hide “Use Textile” dropdowns
  • Option to enable/ the editor for Article body or Excerpt
  • Move to new preferences table
  • TinyMCE code can now be anywhere in the document root

There is a new preferences table. Basically after activating the plugin go to Extensions -> hak_tinymce and click the install button. If you had a previous installation it will migrate your settings (well it should anyway).

No need to have a form for the initialization. It is managed right in the admin panel now. I think the default install is a bit better too. And font tags are now turned off by default

There is also a new image browser plugin. It’s a version 0.1 so I appreciate any feedback. Hopefully you all will like it, or else I’ll cry. Ok I won’t, I’ll just have to come up with something better.

TinyMCE 2.0.6.1 has a spell checker plugin for anyone wanting a spell checker, also the language files are a separate download now, by default it only comes with english. Downloads page

And I beztak’s options in. Ended up being fairly easy.

Please be aware that the new installation will alter your database, so beware, have backups, all that fun stuff. It shouldn’t mess anything up but better safe then sorry.

#140 2006-07-11 00:10:16

LeeUmm
Website

Upgraded and everything seems to be running smoothly. new image browser seems to work well.

I haven’t tested a lot but so far so good.

Much improved over earlier versions.

Thanks a lot for this. This makes making client sites 100% easier at least.

#141 2006-07-11 07:12:13

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Patrick, this update is really cool!
I like your image browser: Would it be possible to have an “Insert as article image” button, too?

Nils

#142 2006-07-11 08:24:17

beztak
Website

Hakjoon, thank you very much indeed, it’s awasome…

I have one idea for improvement: Possibility to view two checkbox (body and excerpt) on default. Because I use them instead of HTML button… So now I have to hardcode your plugin. But as I said it’s just idea… I just replace this code in function hak_tinyMCE()

display:none

with

display:block

And about image browser: In my case doesn’t work, I have to play around with it. Maybe it’s my faoult.

Thank you Hakjoon for your hard work.

Last edited by beztak (2006-07-11 08:51:08)

#143 2006-07-11 08:57:41

beztak
Website

Here is my error report:

Use of undefined constant TXP_DEBUG – assumed ‘TXP_DEBUG’ in e:\webroot\hotel-trebon\textpattern\lib\txplib_db.php on line 50

#144 2006-07-11 12:24:31

hakjoon
Website

beztak wrote:
I have one idea for improvement: Possibility to view two checkbox (body and excerpt) on default. Because I use them instead of HTML button… So now I have to hardcode your plugin.

I’ve thought about this, having to hit the toggle link is really just a left over from the original version micampe released. Let me see about adding the option. It should be pretty easy and you are right it is a nuisance to have to hit the link first.

I’m confused about your error with the image browser since I never explicitly call TXP_DEBUG so it must be the query functions that are triggering something odd. Are you using 4.0.3 or the code in SVN?

if you go to
http://your-domain/textpattern/index.php?event=hak_txpimage
and
http://your-domain/textpattern/index.php?event=hak_txpcatselect

Do you get the same error message? Any more information by any chance? These are the events that get called by the image browser.

Board footer