Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#109 2006-04-14 16:55:26

LeeUmm
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

After hacking around with it last night I believe the issue was with ibrowser. I updated the code and everything was still working but then I started noticing bugs with ibrowser.

The latest version of tinymce is 2.0.5.1. I ended up uninstalling this plugin and reinstalling with the new code fresh. I noticed an odd error that all the buttons had a big red border around them and didn’t have a hover state onmouseover. This went away when I switched to the gzip tinymce code. Not really sure what was up with that.

Anyhoo it did seem to be ibrowser as I got everything working normally with the table and gzip version.

I seem to be in a catch 22 though as I really need an image insert feature and another old plugin I was using also doesn’t work with the new code. So if I use the old code, both ibrowser and the other plugin work but no tables, or new code with tables. I’ll keep hacking around and sort it out.

Thanks for the help and great plugin.

Last edited by LeeUmm (2006-04-14 17:01:00)

#110 2006-04-14 18:50:11

hakjoon
Website

You could try an older gzip version I’m suprised the table plugin from 2.0.2 doesn’t work. I’m going to integrate the image browsing with the built in advimage plugin which should make it a little more future proof.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#111 2006-04-17 16:27:58

blueprint
Website

How can I create a link with the link button in tiny mce; it is possible to add the link but the site url is added to the link.

First I thougth the relative url setting had something to do with it, but that that’s not true.

In the default initialization string there is the following line:
relative_urls : false,

What happens is when you add a link with the link button, the site url is added to the url entered in the popup. E.g: adding a link to www.gmail.com wil become: ‘site url’/textpattern/www.gmail.com.
Changing the line in the initialization string to
relative_urls : true,
will create the stille a wrong link to ‘site url’/www.gmail.com.

Is there a way to solve this??
What I see is that the link in tinymce is correct; probably something goes wrong in the parsing process.

BTW: very nice plugin, and a nice solution to make your own form to adapt tinemce to your own needs; very much appreciated.

Last edited by blueprint (2006-04-17 16:39:41)

#112 2006-04-17 17:07:06

hakjoon
Website

Moxiecode has a good FAQ on getting the URLs you want out of tinymce.

I think if you have Relative Urls set to true you need a Document_base_Url setting for it work off of, otherwise it uses the Current URL to determine the root.

If the url is right when you enter it into TinyMCE you could probably just set convert_urls to false which will leave them alone. We ended up doing that here at work.

I’ve spent the past month integrating tinyMCE into our CMS at work so I have a much better understanding of how it behaves, the next upgrade should have better defaults. The current configuration is the one created by micampe when he originally created the plugin.

#113 2006-04-17 18:42:50

blueprint
Website

Thanks for your quick reply, and the link to faq; I tried the various options, but they didn’t work with me as described. Strange, but I don’t know why. I’m running textpattern on my XP machine, both with IE and FF; i’ve installed apache2triad as a LAMP bundle.

The faq mentions that setting conver_urls to false will not convert the url; it will be just as entered; however not with me. Still the site-url is added! This goes when you enter www.gmail.com, it is converted to site-url/www.gmail.com; however when you enter http://www.gmail.com everything is fine.
When you use the other settings it is exactly the same.

#114 2006-04-17 18:51:07

hakjoon
Website

So “remove_script_host” didn’t work either? That’s pretty odd. I wonder if it’s something with 2.0.2.

Out of curiosity why are you trying to link something to www.gmail.com without the http://?

Last edited by hakjoon (2006-04-17 19:33:45)

#115 2006-04-17 19:45:32

hakjoon
Website

Ok convert_urls :“false” does indeed work for what you are trying to do, but you have to make sure you remove the remove_script_host:“false” from the configuration.

So change

bc..
relative_urls : false,
remove_script_host : false,

to

convert_urls: "false",

that should do what you want, or at least it seems to work for me.

Last edited by hakjoon (2006-04-17 19:53:30)

#116 2006-05-02 17:23:16

mrdale
Website

Hi

Any ideas about getting hak_tiny_mce to work with this sucker

Spelling only works when I toggle off the editor.

#117 2006-05-02 17:29:58

hakjoon
Website

it might just be a matter of getting the value from the temporary location that tinyMCE stores it in.

We integrated speller pages into tinyMCE here at work so I know it’s doable as a tinyMCE plugin.

I’ve currently got a broken right arm so I’m unable to code for a little bit, but it might just be a matter of checking for a tinyMCE instance and if so pull the data using the tinyMCE method.

ugh one handed typing sucks.

#118 2006-05-09 16:01:34

alancampbell

Hey there

I seem to be having a wee problem with this plugin. I am getting the following error on all my TXP pages, including admin areas:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/me/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 13
The above errors were caused by the plugin:hak_tinymce

Now, I also have the zem_prblock and glx_gravatar plugins installed. What’s more, I have a teeny lil bit of PHP in my ‘default’ template, but it’s pretty benign and shouldn’t affect anywhere else.

Any ideas? Cheers folks!

#119 2006-05-09 16:20:28

hakjoon
Website

Seems like something is not playing well with something else. My recommendation would be to remove variables 1 at a time until we find what is conflicting. Specially since you are getting this on the public side where the plugin doesn’t even activate.

Try deactivating the other plugins and see if the error goes away. Also maybe comment out your PHP and see if that makes it go away. Once we can figure out what is causing it to error we can try to fix it.

#120 2006-05-09 22:27:26

alancampbell

Hey again

I went ahead removed all of my own PHP code from the templates and disabled the other plugins but to no avail. The strange thing is that this problem seemed to appear on its own accord, just out of the blue. Everything was fine with the set up that I have and then it suddenly went in a wee huff! C’est la vie!

Do you think that this could be related to some sort of change in the server config that my host neglected to mention? Or maybe a wee corruption spouted out somewhere?

1. EDIT #

I went ahead and presumed that there was a corruption somewhere and re-uploaded everything – and I mean eeeverything, TXP included. Things now seem to be running quite smoothly… That error has finally left. I am presuming that something went awry with the files, but I have no idea why. Anyway, at least it works now!

Aside, I was wondering if you knew how I could change the dirs/default dir that the image insertery bit looks in. I had a look on the TinyMCE docs but… Let’s just say that migraine’s are coming all too easily!

Last edited by alancampbell (2006-05-09 22:47:21)

Board footer