Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2006-02-16 06:05:11

boyandin

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] wow_menu-Full menu control (order, hide/show items, subtree)

Greetings,

May I post an error related to this plug-in? When I have installed it and chosen (“extensions- -MEnu control”), I saw this:

Below you see all your menu items together with their [ID]. To change the order of the items, use the ⇑ and ⇓ icons. This will move the current item AND all its child elements up and down the tree.

Field status: Menu item order ID field found.

* Category1 [68] ⇑ ⇓ * Category2 [69] ⇑ ⇓

SAVE CHANGES

After I clicked on ‘SAVE CHANEGS’, these diagnostics appeared:

New menu order successfully saved.
Notice: Undefined variable: item_start in /home/sagari/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 352
Notice: Undefined variable: menuitems_ordered in /home/sagari/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 352

(site is in production status, ot debugging)

I understand those are just notices, yet they shouldn’t appear, as well, methinks.

Thank you for the great plug-in!

Last edited by boyandin (2006-02-17 06:17:04)

Om gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha

#50 2006-02-17 06:16:32

boyandin

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] wow_menu-Full menu control (order, hide/show items, subtree)

Also, I have noticed that wow_menu displays these links:

URL/category//

regardless of sal attribute value. May I ask for an assistance? TextPattern 4.0.3 and the last announced wow_menu plugin version.

Last edited by boyandin (2006-02-17 06:18:29)

Om gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha

#51 2006-02-18 02:33:25

veggiegrrl

Well, I just have to say that automagically linking to sections solved ALL MY PROBLEMS.

This is an awesome plugin. Thanks so much!

Kendra

#52 2006-02-23 17:54:35

squaredeye
Website

How are people here structuring their categories and articles in order for this plugin to work best?

Has anyone accomplished a section sensitive menu of categories and articles within?

I am brand new to this plugin and a little guidance would go a long long way.

The list I get with the basic wow_menu tag is a list of categories that show up like this:
http://mysite.com/category//

Which takes me nowhere. Why is this. Why arent the articles within these categories being output?

Thanks,

Matthew

EDIT :) I didn’t notice the same errors were showing up for Boyandin. SO I am just reiterating the same issues? Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT no. 2. I noticed it started working (although I can’t quite figure out the linking), when I use messy urls, is there a clean url solution?

Last edited by ma_smith (2006-02-23 19:04:31)

#53 2006-02-26 23:29:40

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@Nogga:
If you mean a bread-crumb-trail (BCT) – yes, that’s possible by using the auto-generated JavaScript. It gives you control over the display behaviour of menu levels and should also allow you to construct a BCT. However, the plugin itself is unable to do this (yet :).

@boyandin and ma_smith:
Thanks guys for your support in tracking down the bug in the admin interface. It’s fixed now.

@Kendra
Glad you like it. :)

Release news:
We decided to remove the “show empty categories” attribute as it causes too many problems with subcategories, which also – by our measures – contradicts the intention of such an attribute. In addition, we also had to simplify the way the plugin creates links to categories and sections. We now use the standard “messy” format which works with all txp installations until we have found a stable solutions for more tidy links. The permlink settings of txp remain untouched by this, of course.

With these changes and the latest bug fixes, we have reached a state where we can freeze the plugin’s functional scope and go for the 1.0 version. Please keep on testing and notify us of any bugs you find… if there are no major issues during the next month, we should be releasing wow_menu 1.0 around end of March. :)

Thanks for your support and for using wow_menu!

Last edited by nighthawk (2006-02-26 23:30:21)

#54 2006-03-08 21:12:18

blueprint
Website

It seems very interesting plugin, but the link is dead?? knows anyone why.

Would like to implement this plugin on my site, but no download, no plugin!!

#55 2006-03-08 21:37:49

squaredeye
Website

nighthawk,
No problem. My pleasure. Let me know if you need to do anything else. The testbed is a good place to play.

I verify the link is dead. Is everything okay?

M

#56 2006-03-09 02:14:15

soulship
Website

Version 8.0 is cached if anyone needs a working copy now.

#57 2006-03-09 02:17:31

soulship
Website

Actually V-8.0 is still there just no 8.1.

#58 2006-03-09 22:06:04

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Oh darn!! Sorry for the dead link – I moved the domain to a new server and apparently forgot to – ahem – copy 0.8.1 over with the other stuff. It should work fine now – if not, just kick me again and I’ll fix it. :)

#59 2006-03-13 22:37:04

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

More good stuff in this release (0.9): After installing this plugin into a live site and trying to set up the menu display control, I noticed that some decent JavaScript support was still missing. Admitted, you can do it all with CSS, but IE can’t. ;) Since the majority of users is still using this darned piece of software, outdated and buggy as it may be, the only option is to use JavaScript to manipulate the menu behaviour (show/hide of menu levels).
The new version now comes with three built-in JavaScript arrays which you can access through your own JavaScripts. In addition, you can also set up custom event handler functions for all ul, li and a tags which will pass the current tag id to your JavaScript function automatically. With that added, I think we really should have covered the essentials by now. Any comments, please let me know.

Cheers!

#60 2006-03-14 00:42:56

soulship
Website

Thanks for the update! Do we need to uninstall previous versions or right on top and keep truckin’

Board footer