Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#91 2007-05-31 05:34:32

The-Exit
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] wow_menu-Full menu control (order, hide/show items, subtree)

hi

this is an awsome plugin.

unfortunatelly, i figured out, that the “wow_menu_if_sub_of”-Tag cannot contain the wow_menu-tag. e.g.

<code>
<txp:wow_menu_if_sub_of cat=“accessoires” >
<h3>Accessoires</h3>
<txp:wow_menu start=“accessoires” sal=“0” showparent=“0” showcount=“1” />
</txp:wow_menu_if_sub_of>
</code>

is there a possibility, to have a menu, which will displayed, when the current article’s category is part of the tree?

#92 2007-07-08 22:51:28

smshUA
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] wow_menu-Full menu control (order, hide/show items, subtree)

Just modded source to add a class identifier to current <li> tag. You can grab modded version at http://shev.org.ua/txp/ . It adds class=“active” to a <li> of current category. Author, please integrate this feature to official version! All my mods marked as //smsh in source code. Good luck!

Last edited by smshUA (2007-07-08 22:52:43)

#93 2007-08-05 09:34:50

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

I’m using mod_rewrite on site and I’d like wow_menu to support this feature. Is there any way to make wow_menu (or any other plugin, if it exists) to provide
http://www.okoshki.by/category/other"
instead of
http://www.okoshki.by/index.php?c=other ?

Or is there any way to make sorted category list with txp?

Last edited by the_ghost (2007-08-05 09:37:28)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#94 2007-09-10 10:55:39

fbox

Hi Björn! Download link has been timing out for the last while. Tried using Google’s cached version of the TXT file here but that didn’t work and it did work with some reformatting of the plugin code ;-)

@ smshUA: your modded source at http://shev.org.ua/txp/ seems to be an empty page.

Starting to feel lonely better

– L.

Last edited by fbox (2007-09-10 11:22:16)

#95 2008-08-27 22:25:58

xzamen

Is this thread still alive?
This is a great plugin, but it would be even better if there was a possibility to choose among article, image and file categories. I really need to have a menu with image categories for displaying a gallery depending on a category. Now I’m using <txp:category_list type=“image” />, but I need an option to format nested categories. Are there any suggestions?
Also it would be great if wow_menu could generate friendly URLs.

#96 2009-11-15 01:31:41

photonomad
Website

I figured out how to modify wow_menu so that it outputs clean URLs!

Here is how:

1) Go into the plugins tab and click to edit the wow_menu code.
2) Wherever you find buildhref("s" in the code, replace it with buildhref("" (note: you’ll find it on line 231, 313 and 339)
3) Wherever you find buildhref("c" in the code, replace it with buildhref("category/" (note: you’ll find it on line 232, 314 and 340)
4) On line 384, replace if (!$sal) $type = "c"; with if (!$sal) $type = "category/";
5) On line 385, replace $href = hu . 'index.php?' . $type . '=' . urlencode($target); with $href = hu . $type . urlencode($target);

#97 2009-11-15 22:21:08

photonomad
Website

BUG NOTE: wow_menu works in 4.2.0 – but it does not work with the “remora” admin template. Leave it in “classic” (with the tabs) and it should work fine. also noted here

#98 2011-08-09 16:33:15

WebKat

I’m having a problem. I just rearranged something in my categories to take it out of a subcategory and move it into its own top level category. Now it just doesn’t appear on the menu at all. I’m using Textpattern 4.4.1 and wow_menu 1.02

Does anyone know what is going on? Is there an alternative to this plugin that does the same thing that is actively being developed?

Site: http://http://opalcat.com “Reviews” should appear directly above “Fun” in the list.

WebKat

#99 2012-03-30 02:06:42

WebKat

Me again. Apparently I fixed my previous problem by just hardcoding the “Reviews” category before calling the wow_menu tag. But that’s not why I’m here now.

My problem is that the indent for subcategories is way too wide and I don’t know CSS well enough to fix it. I thought I knew what I was doing, and I changed the numbers around for a lot of these options, but the only thing I managed to do was make the intent wider (though changing the number in the other direction didn’t make it narrower!! Anyway I need the indent to be 1/3 to 1/2 of what it is now… can anyone help me? Here is my css:

.menutree {
	position: relative;
	margin-left: -10px;
	margin-right: -10px;
}

.menutree ul {
	font-size: .8em;
	margin-top:0px;
	padding-top: 0px;
	list-style: none;
}

.menutree li {
	padding-left: 5px;
	padding-right: 5px;
	position:relative;
}

.menutree ul li ul {
	font-size: .8em;
	margin-left: -30px;
}

.menutree li li {
	margin-left: -10px;
}

.menutree a:hover {
	border-bottom: 1px dotted black;
}

WebKat

#100 2012-03-30 03:52:33

maruchan
Website

What about this?

.x-small {
  /* keep font-size here, just add this next line */
  margin-left:22px;

}

div#leftmenu li {
  /* keep other stuff here, just change this next line: */
  padding: 0 0 2px 20px; /* 20px left padding instead of 55px */  

}

.menutree {
  margin-left:22px; /*use this to replace all the other stuff that was here */

}