Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2007-01-01 18:13:59

Andrew
Plugin Author

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] ajw_clean_feed

Is your production status cranked up to debugging or testing? If there are any PHP errors or notices that are output as a result of the plugin, the feed will not appear as valid and you will get that error. Can you try and view source of your feed?

#50 2007-01-01 18:58:24

haggis

Hi
I had it set to live.
I just changed to debugging, refreshed the page, cliked the RSS link and got this error
<code>
tag_error <txp:ajw_clean_feed_link section=“news” label=“RSS 0.92” flavor=“rss” limit=“3” title=“News Feed” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: limit on line 582

textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:582 trigger_error()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(512) : eval()’d code:148 latts()
textpattern/publish.php:958 ajw_clean_feed_link()
processtags()
textpattern/publish.php:917 preg_replace_callback()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:2652 parse()
textpattern/publish.php:958 if_section()
processtags()
textpattern/publish.php:917 preg_replace_callback()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:277 parse()
</code>
I can’t get to the source of the feed except for the travels section which works, for the others I get the error as soon as I click the link (ie. there is not feed source).

#51 2007-01-01 19:08:06

Andrew
Plugin Author

I’m seeing an error in your feeds that is unrelated to this plugin:

Warning:  unknown_tag: upm_img_title in /home/isthatu/public_html/mnm/textpattern/publish.php on line 968

#52 2007-01-01 21:30:20

haggis

Hmmm, OK, I’ll check that out tomorrow
THanks

#53 2007-01-02 11:08:52

haggis

Andrew wrote:

I’m seeing an error in your feeds that is unrelated to this plugin:

Warning:  unknown_tag: upm_img_title in /home/isthatu/public_html/mnm/textpattern/publish.php on line 968

Hi Andrew
Thanks for pointing that out, I’ve fixed it and one of the feeds I was having problems with now works. Can I ask how you found that error?
Still having trouble with one of the feeds and would like to know how you found that error as there is presumably another error elsewhere.

#54 2007-01-02 15:32:45

Andrew
Plugin Author

Your feed is still outputting text, even though your browser gives you a parsing error. The reason it can’t parse it is because of the PHP error lines that precede the opening XML. There are a few ways of figuring it out, one way is using ‘view-source:’ in the address bar in Firefox, like this view-source:http://mnm.is-that-you.com/travels/atom/. Another method , if you know the feed is broken, is using W3C’s feed validator, which will output the source of your feed if it doesn’t validate. One final method is by using the command line utility curl, which is available with Terminal on OSX. You basically just need to view source somehow with that URL.

FYI, the last feed you’re having problems with in the ‘Families’ section has about 50 upm_img_title errors.

Last edited by Andrew (2007-01-02 15:33:19)

#55 2007-01-02 16:43:02

haggis

Andrew wrote:

FYI, the last feed you’re having problems with in the ‘Families’ section has about 50 upm_img_title errors.

Aha, thought I had changed the one and only form with the erroneous tag, but there was one hidden in another form.
Fixed now thanks

one way is using ‘view-source:’ in the address bar in Firefox, like this view-source:http://mnm.is-that-you.com/travels/atom/. Another method , if you know the feed is broken, is using W3C’s feed validator,

Top tips, thanks for your help.

#56 2007-01-10 07:25:42

Isabella

Great plugin Andrew. I’m using the latest versions of your clean_feed and comments_feed plugins on txp 4.0.3 and they are working great, except for one problem. My site uses ‘/title’ url scheme and the permalinks in my section, category and comments feeds point to ‘/section/title’. The permalinks in the standard TXP feed are correct. I can’t change my url scheme for reasons I won’t go into here.

Is there a change I could make in the plugin code to get this to work? I tried, but my knowledge of php is minimal.

#57 2007-01-10 16:41:32

Andrew
Plugin Author

I’m not seeing what you’re seeing. Do you have an example url? Are you using any other permalink plugins like gbp_permanent_links?

#58 2007-02-28 12:42:02

hablablow
Website

Hi Andrew, first thank you for the plugin…
I have an issue with your plugin and using gbp_permanent_links…
I’m using yours mainly because of it’s sitewide=“y” option… Native Txp tags doesn’t allow this, right ?
But, your plugin doesn’t output anything when activated with the plugin mentioned above…
Any advice, alternative solution ?

Thanks.

Last edited by hablablow (2007-02-28 12:44:48)

_
_I plant seeds for future visions. Farmer of your eyes. Subliminal engineer of your minds. eion founder__

Hablablow + Webdesignofficina

#59 2007-02-28 15:08:53

Andrew
Plugin Author

Do you have any more specific information about your usage? I am using both plugins on my personal site with no problems.

#60 2007-02-28 15:32:43

hablablow
Website

Andrew,
Here are some details:
running Txp 4.0.3
ajw_clean_feed 0.2
gbd_permanent_links 0.11

I have 1 permanent link rule rule set with gbd to: section/category, precedence:0 No other options or rule set.

Your ajw plugin is configured as follows:

In my header:
<code>
<link rel=“alternate” type=“application/rss+xml” title=“Rss” href=”<txp:ajw_clean_feed_link label=“Rss” flavor=“rss” sitewide=“y” />” />
<!— Atom —>
<link rel=“alternate” type=“application/atom+xml” title=“Atom” href=”<txp:ajw_clean_feed_link label=“Atom” flavor=“atom” sitewide=“y” />” />
</code>
Outputs:
<code>
<link rel=“alternate” type=“application/rss+xml” title=“Rss” href=”“ />
<!— Atom —>
<link rel=“alternate” type=“application/atom+xml” title=“Atom” href=”“ />
</code>

Inside my page:
<code>
<txp:ajw_clean_feed_link label=“Rss” sitewide=“y” flavor=“rss” title=“Rss” />
<txp:ajw_clean_feed_link label=“Atom” sitewide=“y” flavor=“atom” title=“Atom” />
</code>
Outputs:
Nothing…

Hope this makes sense.
Thank you

_
_I plant seeds for future visions. Farmer of your eyes. Subliminal engineer of your minds. eion founder__

Hablablow + Webdesignofficina

Board footer