Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2005-11-13 21:41:11

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] nhn_livecommentpreview: JavaScript live comment preview

An other question to all the users of the 0.4 beta:
Do you have any suggestions for changes in the help text? I know how to use the plugin so I’m perhaps not the right one to explain how it should be used. Are there problems and basics that should be mentioned?

Nils

#98 2005-11-14 00:56:51

Infi

> Skubidu wrote:

> 1. and 2. are easy to fix. Concerning No. 3: Does this happen only if you use the plugin? I can’t remember having changed anything in this part of the script… By the way: Thanks for testing :)

My pleasure. This plugin rocks! :)

As for no. 3: Since “Forget” is not native, I thought perhaps the two just don’t get along together, but don’t have time right now to reverse everything and see, so I’ll have to let you know on that one. This is a tiny one, too, though. People can easily “forget themselves” later. heh

In regards to the documentation, I don’t see how it could be improved. Everything seems very straightforward to me. If someone just skims it, they might have problems. Otherwise, implementing it should go off without a hitch.

#99 2005-11-18 16:38:21

Dragan
Website

Hi skubidu, I have just installed your plugin (v0.3.1) and my HTML won’t validate anymore because of some error in the javascript.Here’s the link .

Now here are my questions:
  • Can I safely instal the 0.4 version without things falling apart?
  • I have a problem which I can’t seem to fix. When I was testing this, I have tried to publish the comment without checking the box, now I have got the warning message (I have previously translated it to Serbian) and a < br / > element witch I don’t want there, and I haven’t succeeded to remove it from there.
  • I also fear that someone will try to submit a comment in a rush and lose it. I wonder if some client side validation could be implemented?

That’s all, works like a charm, feel free to test it on my site.

#100 2005-11-30 10:55:58

pieman
Website

Hi Skubidu

Your 0.4 beta 2 is running well, with only one problem:
The form remembers the previous name/email details that were entered. That much seems fine.
If you enter new details and check the spamsave box all is well.
But if you change the name/email details and submit the comment without checking the spamsave box, the warning message is displayed OK, but the name and email fields revert to whatever old name/email details were stored during the previous comment, so you have to enter them again if you want them saved correctly. The actual comment remains correct.
The strange thing is, if you then abandon the comment at that stage and load the page again, the new name/email details are remembered in the form, even though the comment was never saved.

you can see it in action <a href=“http://www.pieman.net/clients/beatbreakaz/audio/batanova”>here</a>

#101 2005-11-30 18:14:29

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn’t enough time the last weeks to work on the plugin. I’m going to look at your problems the next few days.

Nils

#102 2005-12-04 14:11:32

Souljacker
Website

It worked in TXP 4.2 but the number of comments won’t update.

#103 2005-12-04 18:09:25

paularms
Website

Any chance of some AJAX guru out there want to tackle this so that the page doesn’t actually need to reload when the comment is submitted?

#104 2005-12-24 08:24:14

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

There have been some serious spam problems with textpattern’s standard comment system over the last weeks. I just wanted you to know that it is possible to skip the preview button with my plugin: this option is NOT recommended if you want to prevent spam!

Version 0.4 final won’t be released until I know which steps will be taken against spam by the development team. There are some changes in the core that will be interesting for this plugin.

By the way: Merry Christmas to everyone :)
Nils

#105 2006-01-05 03:37:52

magicRob

Anyone else find that a blank line is being inserted at the start of each comment ?

So what ends up happening is that you have:

comment starts here…
text
text
text”

Last edited by magicRob (2006-01-05 03:54:42)

#106 2006-01-05 08:31:15

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Do you see this line in the live preview or in the submited comment?
I remember that in one of the latest textpattern releases the way comments are “textiled” changed. Now every comment is wrapped in a <p>...</p>. That might cause the extra line.

Last edited by Skubidu (2006-01-05 08:44:45)

#107 2006-01-05 12:05:22

magicRob

Submitted comments. I’m not using the live preview as yet (trying to get the rest to look right first)… Even in the admin area for comments, all of the comments i’ve added have a leading blank line. The default one was fine.

See it in action here:
<a href=“http://test.rovingrob.com/k2/about/first-post”>http://test.rovingrob.com/k2/about/first-post</a>

EDIT: does it in the live preview too….

Last edited by magicRob (2006-01-05 12:20:38)

#108 2006-01-05 13:12:37

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

This seems to be a CSS problem (margin/padding).
If not please open up a new thread concerning this topic.

Board footer