Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-09-27 21:08:09

jstubbs
Website

Re: aba_import_images (formerly nhn_import_images)

aba, thanks for the reply. Its not a big issue right now, just thinking ahead. I really like the plugin and thanks. Once I start to use it I can come up with more comments, but for now, thanks!

#14 2005-09-29 21:00:58

aba
Plugin Author

ok, did anybody find any strange things using (or trying to use) this plugin? And yes, I even mean warnings and error messages most just seem to have ignored.

I would like to get rid of the debugging code, rewrite some parts of the docs concerning safe_mode and publish it at textpattern.org – it would be helpful if I could be sure that it works at least on some other servers as mine…

Thanks

#15 2005-10-12 09:17:45

boblet

ok, did anybody find any strange things using (or trying to use) this plugin? And yes, I even mean warnings and error messages most just seem to have ignored.

I think you can take silence as yes – people complain loudly when it doesn’t work ;-)

I haven’t used the plugin extensively yet, but I found one minor issue. You link above to aba_import_images 0.4.1, but the plugin links to 0.4.0 (in the admin > plugin page)

Other than that, I’d prefer if the thumbs naming format allowed -thumbs before the extension, as then the thumbnail will be beside it’s image when I’m preparing for upload. eg from
  • image.jpg
  • thumb-image.jpg
to
  • image.jpg
  • image-thumb.jpg

It’s not a big problem until you want to generate thumbnails by hand for 30 images and aren’t sure if you got them all. Also supporting zip archives would be great, but I imagine a little complex.

thanks for the great plugin!

#16 2005-10-12 10:18:00

aba
Plugin Author

>> bq. ok, did anybody find any strange things using (or trying to use) this plugin? And yes, I even mean warnings and error messages most just seem to have ignored.

> I think you can take silence as yes – people complain loudly when it doesn’t work ;-)

I did… ;)

> I haven’t used the plugin extensively yet, but I found one minor issue. You link above to aba_import_images 0.4.1, but the plugin links to 0.4.0 (in the admin > plugin page)

There is still no page (rl issues) for the plugin, I need to change that…

> Other than that, I’d prefer if the thumbs naming format allowed -thumbs before the extension, as then the thumbnail will be beside it’s image when I’m preparing for upload. eg from
  • image.jpg
  • thumb-image.jpg
> to
  • image.jpg
  • image-thumb.jpg

> It’s not a big problem until you want to generate thumbnails by hand for 30 images and aren’t sure if you got them all.

I agree. I’ll look into it and chage it accordingly so both will be supported

> Also supporting zip archives would be great, but I imagine a little complex.

It is – unfortunately there is neither a standard php way to access zip nor a standard way to find a unzip on a system. I’ll have to think about it. This is low priority because I don’t see the need for it (using ftp there is no gain in uploading a zip file – the image formats are not very compressable). This would be a plus someone uploads images using the web interface but not ftp.

#17 2005-10-12 17:27:28

jstubbs
Website

I found that when uploading an image, a thumbnail is created even if I de-select the “create thumbnail” option. I am not sure if I have to change a variable in the plugin for this. Have not really looked – but thought it worth mentioning.

Note I was uploading a single image – so actually I am not sure if TXP used its own system or the plugin.

#18 2005-10-12 21:25:48

aba
Plugin Author

> jstubbs wrote:

> I found that when uploading an image, a thumbnail is created even if I de-select the “create thumbnail” option. I am not sure if I have to change a variable in the plugin for this. Have not really looked – but thought it worth mentioning.

default is that it does not create a thumbnail unless you change the variable in the plugin code.

> Note I was uploading a single image – so actually I am not sure if TXP used its own system or the plugin.

Uploading within textpattern doesn’t trigger this plugin, it will only do its magic in case you have uploaded some images in the import path using ftp, scp or whatever.

#19 2005-10-12 21:34:04

jstubbs
Website

Hi aba,

You know, I think it was glx_admin_image that did it. I had that plugin enabled and I see now that it creates thumbnails automatically on upload. I think I need to re-visit which plugin does what and decide which to use on a regular basis!

#20 2005-10-21 01:19:42

SuperStar

Hi Aba,

I am running my dev enviroment in apache on windows… however I will report this anyway (your doing a good job btw!)

I copied 4 images into the import directory and got these warnings on the images tab:

Notice: Undefined variable: newy in C:\website\site\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(455) : eval()’d code on line 361
There was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissions
Notice: Undefined variable: newy in C:\website\site\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(455) : eval()’d code on line 361
There was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsThere was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsaba_import_images imported 4 images

However it imported the images ok. In another instance it doubled the images up (imported twice) – not sure why.

Can you help here?

Thanks
Nick.

#21 2005-10-21 11:31:55

aba
Plugin Author

> I copied 4 images into the import directory and got these warnings on the images tab:

> Notice: Undefined variable: newy in C:\website\site\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(455) : eval()’d code on line 361
> There was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissions

> However it imported the images ok. In another instance it doubled the images up (imported twice) – not sure why.

> Can you help here?

congratulations, you’re the first actually using resize and thus triggered a bug that I missed, apparently I never used an image that is wider than high (strange – must have been sleepy that day).

Sigh, for a programmer it’s a very bad habit to write the declaration of newx followed by the declaration of newy if the calculation of newx relies on newy.

Please redownload and tell me if it works now.

For the double import: This is a known bug (at least I know it happens), but I still don’t have any clue what triggers. Turn on debugging if you experience it again and send me the output, I’m eager to find the reason for this behaviour, but I’m unable to reproduce it on my systems.

boblet: at least the problem with the linked version is fixed, for the other part I have to do a bit of rethinking the structure or it would result in an ugly messed up code (ok, it’s messed up already but I don’t want to force that).

#22 2005-10-27 21:48:36

dkruitbosch

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed version 0.4.2 and the problem still occurs for. So I guess the problem still exists….

Notice: Undefined variable: newy in /var/www/site2/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 362
Notice: Undefined variable: newy in /var/www/site2/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 362
There was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsaba_import_images imported 2 images

I’ve set set imgx and imgy to the same value (300) and this gets me the result i want: the largest dimension of an image is always 300.

If I set imgy=0 or imgx=0 then I get this error: There was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsThere was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsaba_import_images imported 2 images

Any ideas on how to fix this yet…

Danny

Last edited by dkruitbosch (2005-10-27 22:08:45)

#23 2005-10-27 22:54:54

aba
Plugin Author

> I just downloaded and installed version 0.4.2 and the problem still occurs for. So I guess the problem still exists….

note to self: if you find an error, fix it on both occurences of the code.

Please redownload and try again – this time it should really really be corrected…
thanks for the patience.

#24 2005-10-30 08:52:57

SuperStar

Ok, it seemed to work better now.

Again on windows there should be no permission issues, however it reports these warnings but still imports the images ok. This may be disconcerting to my client:

There was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsThere was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsThere was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsThere was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsaba_import_images imported 4 images

double bug: I have been unable to reproduce it, but when it did happen last time it was when I did it within a subfolder (i.e. a category) within the import folder.

Keep up the good work!
Nick.

Last edited by SuperStar (2005-10-30 08:54:29)

Board footer