Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#41 2005-09-20 20:37:19

thebombsite
Plugin Author
Website

Re: hit_logger plugins alpha v0.9.05 now available!

Am I missing something or isn’t there a way to empty the log? I don’t mean disable or uninstall the plug-ins, just empty the log.

Stuart – The BombsiteProText ThemesTextgarden

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#42 2005-09-20 20:50:15

LeeStewart
Plugin Author
Website

schussat wrote:
Is there a way around this? Am I just implementing the 404 section incorrectly?

The problem is that I coded the 404 support wrong, I had trouble getting a web server to reliably forward the hit information when forwarding the page – $_POST variables don’t seem to get passed in all cases. People are trying to hack your site by passing values into the SQL code that I use to retrieve the error info. I’m not sure how dangerous it is, but you might want to specify a URL of www.google.com for the log_default_404_url parameter.

I’d already fixed this issue in the latest version and things are more secure.

[Lee]

Monkeys could have written a better post..

#43 2005-09-20 20:52:35

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. I’ll temporarily disable my own 404 page for now.

-Alan

#44 2005-09-21 00:18:47

LeeStewart
Plugin Author
Website

thebombsite wrote:
Am I missing something or isn’t there a way to empty the log? I don’t mean disable or uninstall the plug-ins, just empty the log.

That’s a tricky question. With the version of the plugin you have, the standard Textpattern log size (admin:preferences, Advanced Preferences “Expire logs after” field) is used to tell how much data to capture. By default, this is seven months. I’ve moved this into a plugin config parameter so you don’t have to bounce around so much (the same with disabling the DNS lookup).

There’s actually a bunch of data that’s cached, though. The daily totals are stored in a table that keeps growing forever. I estimate that a year of data is under 50k, so that’s not a big deal. There are a few other things that I cache to speed up processing (txp_log_forumcache, is a hidden example – the search info is a more obvious one), but there are no controls to reduce the size.

My third plugin in this set will have fairly sophisticated controls for the system, including downloading language files, skinning the charts, managing the layout of the Details View, etc. I’ll put controls there to let people set max values for the tables sizes.

Mostly it’s just a matter of time. I’m thinking sometime before Christmas.

[Lee]

Monkeys could have written a better post..

Board footer