You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-12-27 15:59:28

Michael
Website

Re: Textile syntax for textpatterned content

wet’s idea… that’s what textpattern needs definitely and as soon as possible:

• "blabla":23
  • "":23

I am using zem’s plugin heavily and I think that’s ridiculous.

++m

Last edited by Michael (2005-12-27 16:00:32)

#14 2006-05-09 17:20:22

guiguibonbon

This is brilliant! HAS to happen. Not using any tag in articles is what we should go to. My additional suggestion go as follows :

textile already allows !path/to/image(alt text)!. That needs to be extended : !23t alt! would give you a thumbnail of image 23 with automatic alt completion. !>23t alt title! … well you guessed it. So we would have
** ID (with t for thumbnail)
** < and = and > for the alignment / nothing means no styling
** alt for filling alt with text submitted in image tab / nothing means empty alt
** title same/nothing means no title
** linked in case of thumbnail, opens the original image in same window // alternatively, we could also use !23t!:!23!
** popup opens in a popup
** I thought I’d suggest for a caption attribute, but I guess some javascript and the title attribute could do.

I’ve never really used files before so I couldn’t really tell what those need.

I’m prepared to collaborate alright!

Edits : corrected textile syntax.

Last edited by guiguibonbon (2006-05-09 20:31:32)

#15 2006-05-10 04:54:45

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Textile is used for things other than Textpattern (WordPress and other cms’, this forum…), existed before it too, so it is specifically made “general purpose” on, well, purpose. :)

The nice thing will be that once the markup switching stuff is available (it’s in crockery’s svn), someone could create this special version of Textpattern-specific Textile as a replacement. :)

Last edited by Mary (2006-05-10 04:55:20)

#16 2006-05-10 05:05:28

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

…it is specifically made “general purpose”…

If I am not mistaken, this forum already uses a derivative version of Textile which has special tags increasing the usability of Textile for a software support environment like that (bq.., bc..)?

Wouldn’t the same preconditions allow a version of Textile which features an in-depth integration with Textpattern, independently from all other instances of Textile (not to mention slightly varying implementations of Textile markup by other authors, like Textile2…)?

#17 2006-05-10 06:12:43

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

If I am not mistaken, this forum already uses a derivative version of Textile…

No, it’s testing out new versions of Textile. bq and bc are going to be added to all.

#18 2006-05-10 14:09:38

guiguibonbon

I looked a the code yesterday, and bq and stuff already seems to be integrated by default. But the nice thing is, there’s absolutely no obligation to actually rewrite textile. We could really just create an additional class, in a separate file, wich would either be applied before or after textile itself. It should be quite easy — if only I knew PCRE a little better. Working on that though.

#19 2006-05-10 14:26:11

guiguibonbon

concerning the linked versus !23t!:!23! issue, thought a bit about it, and I came to think the first option is better, the latter being a bit odd since you’d expect the ! ! syntax to actually display an image, and really makes no sens since such syntax does not work in current textile. Another issue is the alignment. Currently, even on images, > = and < add an align attribute, which is against the recommandations. Wonder if we shouldn’t rather use inline styling. But maybe this is something textile 2 already adresses… Edit : no sorry, this is already textile 2 I’m talking about. It seams it’s textile2 that’s installed by default in txp.. What new versions are y’all talking about then?

Last edited by guiguibonbon (2006-05-10 14:32:42)

Board footer