Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2007-10-17 17:34:49

jstubbs
Website

Re: mem_moderation - Generic Moderation

Ok. I did not see before that we have to edit the plugin’s settings…

Have now changed the 3 options to “0”, “true” and “true” respectively. I still don’t see any articles in the moderate tab under extensions. I even added a new article via the mod_article_form tag to check further.

Now I have 2 articles in the txp_moderation table. I notice that the two tables “user” and “email” are blank – I use the default mod_article_form. Could this be something to do with it, or perhaps its a localhost cookie problem?

#98 2007-10-17 20:16:24

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Can you link me (http://pastebin.com/) an export of your txp_moderation table?

#99 2007-10-17 20:19:20

jstubbs
Website

Sure, here you are:

http://pastebin.com/m67bb0a0a

#100 2007-10-17 20:34:49

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

The entries are not showing up because the user field is blank for all of them. Generally, the form is wrapped by ign_password_protect or some other plugin that will either set $txp_user or $ign_user. The user must exist if the value “PUBLISHERS_BYPASS_QUEUE_DELAY” is true. Set it to false and the items in the table will be shown in the list.

#101 2007-10-17 21:02:18

jstubbs
Website

Thanks Michael, I set “publishers_bypass_queue_delay” to “false” and I now see the 3 articles I test submitted.

I am testing this plugin to use for a classifieds style site – are there any tips/tutorials/examples available that I, and other users of this wonderful plugin, could use for development? For a non-expert PHP user?

For example, I have not much clue as to how to go about setting either txp_user or ign_user.

#102 2007-10-17 21:17:04

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

ign_password_protect is easy to set up. After installing, you just need to wrap the submission form with the password protect tag.

The documentation for the moderation plugins exists in this thread and in the plugin help. With that said, the documentation for this plugin is quite limited. I will gladly accept community provided tips/tutorials/examples. ;-)

#103 2007-10-17 21:50:50

jstubbs
Website

Once I delve into this thing more I am happy to come up with some examples, but I think I am some distance from being able to do this!

In my case I think MAMP does not set cookies properly – or it is not reading cookies properly. Articles get posted to the DB and the user posting the article seems to be set as custom field 1. However, logging in and staying logged in is an issue, and I think it would be easier to test this out on an actual host.

Hopefully some other users can chip in with their own experiences. This plugin is fantastic!

#104 2007-10-27 17:27:49

jstubbs
Website

I have setup a page where users who post content via a mem_moderation form are able to edit their details – login, email, password etc.

In the same page, I have this:

<txp:ign_if_logged_in>
Welcome back <txp:mem_profile var="RealName" />
<h2>Change your personal details:</h2>
<txp:mem_user_edit_form>
<txp:mem_message />
<txp:mem_realname_input />
<txp:mem_email_input />
<txp:mem_submit />
</txp:mem_user_edit_form>
Submission list:
<txp:output_form form="mod_submission_list" />
<txp:else />
<h2>You are not registered. Use the form below to register an account.</h2>
<txp:mem_self_register_form />
<h2>Or login with the form below:</h2>
<txp:ign_show_login />
</txp:ign_if_logged_in>

After posting an article, which is in the moderation queue (and not yet accepted), I do not see the article link which should be output from mod_submission_list. Shouldn’t this link be visible?

Also, is there a way to let a user edit or delete an article he/she posted after the article has been moderated, and accepted?

Last edited by jstubbs (2007-10-29 06:36:47)

#105 2007-10-27 17:33:12

jstubbs
Website

Possibly a bug – in the moderation queue – after selecting the article’s checkbox, and choosing “reject” – nothing happens. Isn’t the article supposed to be deleted? If not, there is no way to delete the article that I can see.

#106 2007-10-28 22:48:57

feragnoli

well, this was a problem in earlier versions too.
the articles had to be deleted individually and not from within the moderation queue general view.

manfre..?

what was that again…?

#107 2007-10-28 22:51:46

jakob
Admin
Website

If not, there is no way to delete the article that I can see.

You have to click on it to get to the moderate view, then you can reject the article.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#108 2007-10-29 06:41:08

jstubbs
Website

jakob, yes, I see that now, but its clear rejection/approval is also supposed to take place in the general view, not just the individual view.

As per my post above (#104) – I got the link working now, so I can see an article that is waiting to be moderated. But – when clicking on the article link, I see only the post article form, with no values filled in?

And is it possible to have users be able to edit/delete their own articles AFTER moderation approval?

I am willing to donate/pay for this. What I want is an user area which lists all the posts made by the person, then allow them to edit/delete their article/s.

It should not be edited in the TXP Admin – on a separate page.

Board footer