Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2007-10-14 15:29:57

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Re: mem_moderation - Generic Moderation

My SVN stores the development template of the plugins. These plugins must be “compiled” to the format accepted by Textpattern. Anything pulled from my SVN should also be treated as non-production versions.

ign_password_protect, mem_moderation and mem_moderation_article will allow you to grant users access to a protected section where they each will be given the ability to submit an article through a form you design. The submitted articles are put in to a queue where they can be reviewed (admin side) before accepting (or deleting).

#86 2007-10-14 16:18:57

jstubbs
Website

Thanks Michael. Its a little confusing because in some places the plugins that I can use (from Textpattern resources) say that mem_admin_parse is required.

Are the plugins on TXP Resources the latest “production” versions? Would it be more advisable to use those, or the versions you link to above?

Actually, I think some of your plugins are not listed on the Resources site…

#87 2007-10-14 16:30:17

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Not all of my plugins are listed elsewhere. Quite a few were created for specific people, out of boredom or I never officially released. All of the resources should link to files on my site, which will generally be the newest. I update files so the same link should point to the newest version.

#88 2007-10-14 16:52:52

jstubbs
Website

Tried to install the mem_moderation and mem_moderation_article plugins, but get an error about not including the mem_admin_parse plugin. Do you have a link for this so I can test it out?

Presumably mem_moderation should be activated first? Does it create any new tables in the DB?

#89 2007-10-14 17:38:19

jstubbs
Website

Installed admin_parse 0.2.1, mem_moderation 0.4.5 and mem_moderation_article 0.4.4. Errors appear after choosing install wizard. Warnings like:

“Warning: Table ‘site.txp_moderation’ doesn’t exist select count(*) from txp_moderation where 1 in /Users/jonathan/Sites/site/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 84”

Any ideas???

#90 2007-10-14 20:55:05

jakob
Admin
Website

jstubbs, it’s been a while since I installed mem_moderation and I can’t remember exactly which version it was, but you first needed to do a once only click on a “Start install wizard” in the plug-in help so that the database tables are set up – that would explain your error message. After that the plug-in finds the tables and works. I remember too that the link address itself wasn’t quite correct – the answer was to copy the link, paste it into the browser and add “/textpattern/ before the index.php?event=…

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#91 2007-10-15 19:58:17

jstubbs
Website

Thanks Jakob. Perhaps Michael could tell us if we have to change anything to get this to work? I have MAMP on localhost – PHP and MySQL 5.

#92 2007-10-17 03:37:55

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

You must run the installation wizard for each of the plugins, starting with mem_moderation. The link in the help was broken and was missing the /textpattern/ prefix as pointed out by jakob. I uploaded new versions of each plugin so that the link is correct.

#93 2007-10-17 12:25:50

jstubbs
Website

Mmm. Thanks for the update Michael. I managed to get hold of your latest versions of the plugins, then removed txp_moderation DB table from the localhost DB. Removed all plugins, and then re-installed and activated them.

Running mem_moderation install wizard first, I get the following errors:

Warning: Table ‘site_dev.txp_moderation`, `txp_users’ doesn’t exist select txp_moderation.* from `txp_moderation``, ``txp_users` where txp_moderation.user=txp_users.name AND (DATE_SUB( NOW, INTERVAL 7 DAY ) > txp_moderation.submitted OR txp_users.privs = 1) order by txp_moderation.submitted asc limit 0,25 in /Users/jonathan/Sites/site_dev/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 84
Failed to access table. Table ‘site_dev.txp_moderation`, `txp_users’ doesn’t exist

I can confirm that txp_users does exist, and txp_moderation was setup by the install wizard. So, both tables exist in the DB.

Am I missing something here?

Edit: For clarity, here is what I have:
ign_password_protect 0.5b4
mem_admin_parse 0.2.1
mem_moderation 0.4.9
mem_moderation_article 0.4.9

Last edited by jstubbs (2007-10-17 12:47:33)

#94 2007-10-17 14:14:52

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

The double `` on the inner side of these tables names shows that safe_pfx has fixed the issue where Txp would not properly wrap individual table names within a query. A fixed version is posted.

#95 2007-10-17 14:29:23

jstubbs
Website

Thanks Michael. I still have some issues though. mem_moderation is now installed thanks to your update. However, I tested adding an article to the site via a “mod_article_form” tag, which worked – because the article is now present in the txp_moderation table in the DB.

However, I did not see a moderation_article tab in the Extensions, so I thought maybe I forgot to run the install wizard for that plugin. I ran the install, and see the tab, which gave me this error:

Notice: Undefined index: in /Users/jonathan/Sites/site_dev/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 220

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /Users/jonathan/Sites/site_dev/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 220

Now, I only see one tab in the extensions – moderate. No article is shown underneath.

??

#96 2007-10-17 17:07:09

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

The moderation queue is located under Extensions—>Moderation. All submitted content that is flagged as moderated will show up in that tab. The content plugins (e.g. mem_moderation_article, mem_moderation_image, etc) will generally not have tabs of their own.

At the top of the mem_moderation plugin, there are a few configuration options that will help explain a few potential “gotchas”.

bq..
// the number of days that a newly submitted item will wait
// before appearing in the moderation queue. 0 will disable
define(‘QUEUE_SUBMISSION_DELAY’, “7”);

// Specify whether users with Publisher privs will have their
// submitted content appear immediatly in the list without
// waiting for the QUEUE_SUBMISSION_DELAY
define(‘PUBLISHERS_BYPASS_QUEUE_DELAY’, true);

// By default, the ability to approve from the moderation queue
// is disabled. Set to true to enable this behavior
define(‘ALLOW_APPROVE_FROM_LIST’, false);

Board footer