Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2007-05-09 17:32:53

feragnoli

Re: mem_moderation - Generic Moderation

hello manfre, welcome back.
I’m still following the mod_article_image, so I’m interested in knowing if there’s a possibility for the plugin to add limitation for size/type of the image.
as far as I know, know it accepts any extension allowed by the textpattern installation.
maybe you could take a look at some of the stuff I wrote in the help file of the version I uploaded
sure you’ll find a lot of mistakes and so; was really trying to figure out how to make the plugin work from scratch.

@moslib. thanks a lot, but I can’t see much on the site..?

what was that again…?

#74 2007-06-05 12:15:40

frippz
Website

Has any progress been made in the last month?

At times like these, I wished that my skills with PHP were a lot better so I could contribute more.

Last edited by frippz (2007-06-05 12:16:23)

//Fredrik Frodlund

frippz.se | Adjust.nu

#75 2007-06-13 00:46:38

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

frippz wrote:

Has any progress been made in the last month?

At times like these, I wished that my skills with PHP were a lot better so I could contribute more.

—-

I’ve been working on resolving an issue for a client. There are some odd issues with post backs on a specific installation. Once that is finally resolved, more generic development will resume.

-Manfre

#76 2007-06-20 18:47:42

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

A quick little update. Resolved most issues with the client and will wrap everything in to a new version to serve as a baseline for all installations.

#77 2007-06-20 18:51:18

sthmtc
Website

Manfre wrote:

A quick little update. Resolved most issues with the client and will wrap everything in to a new version to serve as a baseline for all installations.

Awesome! Can’t wait to check it out…

#78 2007-06-21 00:28:04

photonomad
Website

I can’t wait either! : )

#79 2007-06-27 10:26:18

feragnoli

hello Manfre, thank you for picking up the work on this plugin again.
Which features do you plain to include in the next release(s)?
will image upload/embed possible and if so will there be the possibility to limit size/kind for the images?
I’m currently using the sed_afu plugin to allow users to upload files (images) because that plugin seems to make a rather thorough check of the uploaded files.
my php skills aren’t enough to develop such a plugin myself…
thank you and good luck.

what was that again…?

#80 2007-07-17 02:19:46

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

#81 2007-08-10 10:41:50

feragnoli

hello Manfre, can’t access your svn…

I’m still trying to figure how mem_moderation_image works and I have a question:
in the function mem_image_save which I assume is the function that actually saves/uploads the file to textpattern, there’s this line:

if ($extensions[$extension]) { et cetera…

which, if I understand good, verifies that the extension of the file is one of the extensions accepted by the textpattern installation.
or am I wrong?

if it is so, why wouldn’t something like if ($extension==$myExtension) { work? (where myExtension is an attribute assignable to the public tag; ie <txp:mem_moderation_image type='jpg' />)

the same goes for the size of the image.
thanks

what was that again…?

#82 2007-08-11 03:13:48

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

feragnoli wrote:

hello Manfre, can’t access your svn…

I’m still trying to figure how mem_moderation_image works and I have a question:
in the function mem_image_save which I assume is the function that actually saves/uploads the file to textpattern, there’s this line:

if ($extensions[$extension]) { et cetera…

which, if I understand good, verifies that the extension of the file is one of the extensions accepted by the textpattern installation.
or am I wrong?

if it is so, why wouldn’t something like if ($extension==$myExtension) { work? (where myExtension is an attribute assignable to the public tag; ie <txp:mem_moderation_image type='jpg' />)

the same goes for the size of the image.
thanks

Your analysis is correct. That check will make sure that the image format is one that textpattern recognizes. I have added the arguments ‘accept’ and ‘maxfilesize’ to the tag modimg_form.

accept will allow a CSV mimetype list to allow the browser to restrict the type of files that are uploaded.

maxfilesize will add the MAX_FILE_SIZE hidden input field before the file input field to allow the user’s browser to restrict the file upload.

You can try accessing my svn by clicking this link http://manfre.net/svn/txp

#83 2007-08-11 10:32:15

feragnoli

manfre wrote:

accept will allow a CSV mimetype list to allow the browser to restrict the type of files that are uploaded.

maxfilesize will add the MAX_FILE_SIZE hidden input field before the file input field to allow the user’s browser to restrict the file upload.

but wouldn’t be safer to make those checks also on the uploaded temporary file?
the hidden form fields can be easily bypassed, so a check on the temporary file would increase the safety of the uploaded file.

also: is the image resizing/thumbnail creation working for you?

I installed version 0.4.8 of mem_moderation and tried to install. after installing, when trying to open the moderate tab, it gives this:

Warning: Table 'd005373b.txp_moderation`, `txp_users' doesn't exist select txp_moderation.* from
`txp_moderation``, ``txp_users` where txp_moderation.user=txp_users.name AND (DATE_SUB( NOW(),
INTERVAL 7 DAY ) > txp_moderation.submitted OR txp_users.privs = 1) order by txp_moderation.submitted
asc limit 0,25 in /www/htdocs/v135192/test/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 84
Failed to access table. Table 'd005373b.txp_moderation`, `txp_users' doesn't exist

where d005373b is the name of my database

thank you

Last edited by feragnoli (2007-08-11 11:24:07)

what was that again…?

#84 2007-10-14 11:23:54

jstubbs
Website

The plugins at Michael’s SVN page don’t work for me – entering them into TXP’s plugin page gives an “Badly formed or empty plugin code” error.

What’s the best way to get the plugins into TXP?

Also, can someone tell me which plugins are necessary for something like this:

• User submission of articles
  • Users get their own page to edit/delete articles (not TXP backend)

Not sure if I can do this with Michael’s plugins (perhaps with igner’s plugin), but I’d like to test it out, or get some other ideas from people here….

Board footer