Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2007-02-21 11:30:00

sthmtc
Website

Re: mem_moderation - Generic Moderation

tjnuckolls wrote:

I’m having trouble installing mem_moderation 0.4.4 in Textpattern 4.0.4. Getting tons of errors.

same here…

#50 2007-02-22 18:40:25

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

The plugin(s) collection seems to not behave correctly with db table prefix (like in multiple installation). In some parts it installs the tables without the prefix, and in other it looks for tables with prefix (and not find them!).

I don’t know if Manfre is currently supporting this, ‘cause it would be a very nice feature for some projects. Any news?

Thanks

Z-

#51 2007-02-24 11:20:00

feragnoli

yes, I too tried a fresh install on 4.0.4 and what I got was:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for event_multiedit_form() in /www/htdocs/user/txp/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 972

Warning: Missing argument 4 for event_multiedit_form() in /www/htdocs/user/txp/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 972

Warning: Missing argument 5 for event_multiedit_form() in /www/htdocs/user/txp/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 972

Warning: Missing argument 6 for event_multiedit_form() in /www/htdocs/user/txp/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 972

Warning: Missing argument 7 for event_multiedit_form() in /www/htdocs/user/txp/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 972

I installed so far only mem_admin_parse and mem_moderation, any idea?

thanks!

what was that again…?

#52 2007-02-25 19:43:10

feragnoli

it’s at least a problem with the function event_multiedit_form.

in TxP 4.0.3 that function inside txplib_misc.php was:

function event_multiedit_form($name, $methods = NULL) { $method = ps(‘method’);

if ($methods = NULL) $methods = array('delete'=>gTxt('delete')); if ($name ‘list’) { $methods[‘changesection’] = gTxt(‘changesection’); $methods[‘changestatus’] = gTxt(‘changestatus’); }

return gTxt(‘with_selected’).sp.selectInput(‘method’,$methods,$method,1,( ($name == ‘list’)? ‘ onchange=“poweredit(this);return false;” id=“withselected”’:’‘) ). eInput($name).sInput($name.’_multi_edit’).fInput(‘submit’,’‘,gTxt(‘go’),‘smallerbox’); }

while now is:

function event_multiedit_form($name, $methods = null, $page, $sort, $dir, $crit, $search_method) { $method = ps(‘edit_method’);

if ($methods === NULL) { $methods = array( ‘delete’ => gTxt(‘delete’) ); }

return ‘<label for=“withselected”>’.gTxt(‘with_selected’).’</label>’.sp.
selectInput(‘edit_method’, $methods, $method, 1,
( ($name == ‘list’) ? ‘ id=“withselected” onchange=“poweredit(this); return false;”’ : ‘ id=“withselected”’ )).
n.eInput($name).n.sInput($name.’_multi_edit’).n.hInput(‘page’, $page).( $sort ? n.hInput(‘sort’, $sort).n.hInput(‘dir’, $dir) : ‘’ ).( $crit ? n.hInput(‘crit’, $crit).n.hInput(‘search_method’, $search_method) : ‘’ ).n.fInput(‘submit’, ‘’, gTxt(‘go’), ‘smallerbox’); }

I’m sorry I haven’t enough knowledge of the inner structure of TxP to do anything about it…
anybody???

Last edited by feragnoli (2007-02-25 19:45:58)

what was that again…?

#53 2007-03-11 06:31:16

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

From Txp version 4.0.3 to 4.0.4, the function event_multiedit_form was redefined to support additional features (i’m guessing based upon the names of the added parameters). I uploaded a new version of mem_moderation that will now pass the correct number of parameters. There are probably other things that changed and will cause a problem. If so, post here and I’ll respond…eventually.

P.S. I recommend including as much info as possible when posting about a problem because I will not guarantee a speedy turn around. Providing more information will increase your chances of me reacting to the problem.

Last edited by Manfre (2007-03-11 06:33:21)

#54 2007-03-11 14:37:44

feragnoli

hello Manfre, thanks, the changes apprently did the trick. I have a some questions about your mem_moderation_image: how do you implement the tag(s)? I can hardly figure out what tag name I should use… Is the tag supposed to go inside a form like the mod_article_form or will generate a form of its own?
Also: inside mod_article_form there’s already an image input but how do youallow users to, let’s say, browse their hard disk in order to upload an image?

hope you can help me with this!

thank you

what was that again…?

#55 2007-03-26 09:40:16

feragnoli

hello, I tried to take a look inside the plugins but did not find much more… reading the code of mod_aticle_image I cannot find a function to wrap images in the article, like a public side tag (like <txp:mod_article_form />).
mem_moderation_article has a tag for image input: mod_image_input but that shows only a field without a browse button (is that to input the image id as in the textpattern write tab?).

help..?

what was that again…?

#56 2007-03-26 12:52:29

feragnoli

ok, with only mem_moderation_article active in the extensions > moderate tab textpattern happens to spit out errors about missing attributeswhen you try to actually approve an article.
as far as I can see that’s due to missing attributes in the generation of 3 popups: the two for the categories and the one for the override article form.

manfre I patched it like this (that’s a note I put in the head of the plugin):

// ORIGINAL PLUGIN MISSED 3 ‘id’ ATTRIBUTES TO
// GENERATE POPUP FORMS IN MODERATION QUEUE
// ATTRIBUTES WERE:
// ‘category-1’, ‘category-2’, ‘override-form’
//
// ADDED HERE:
// category_popup(“category1”, $category1, ‘category-1’)
// line 388
//
// HERE:
// category_popup(“category2”, $category2, ‘category-2’)
// line 388
//
//
// and HERE:
// form_pop($override_form, ‘override-form’)
// line 391
//
//

wher the bold is the added attribute that was not specified.
I put the whole modified plugin here . I didn’t change the name, moved the version from 0.4.4 to 0.4.5 .
Hope this is moving a little towards a solution…

what was that again…?

#57 2007-03-28 15:05:08

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

I can’t run the setup wizard on a fresh install with the mem_moderation 4.0.5. I get the home page (!!). The new table don’t install.

Two different installation of txp. In the past I was able to install the table, now I can’t.

Anyonelse?

Z

Last edited by Zanza (2007-03-28 15:06:47)

#58 2007-03-29 07:38:08

feragnoli

mmm, you should check about the table prefixes. here in the forum somebody else pointed out the plugin doesn’t keep track of them…

what was that again…?

#59 2007-03-29 15:13:47

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

feragnoli wrote:

mmm, you should check about the table prefixes. here in the forum somebody else pointed out the plugin doesn’t keep track of them…

It was me :).

But at that time the installation was fine (the problem were in running the plug after installation).

Now, with the new version of plugin mem_moderation, when I click the install wizard in the help, I’m being redirected in the home page and no table are installed. It’s a brand new bug, I suppose! :)

Some of you may have not noticed it just because the txp_moderation table was already installed. Or does it work for you even with a fresh install?

Z-

#60 2007-03-29 15:49:56

feragnoli

there’s one thing:

check the plugin help section; either got to the help and then view page source in your browser or go to edit if you have ied_plugin_composer installed.
you will see in the help file the link for the install wizard, it might not be the right address.
I think that address is generated during the install and I think it will not work moving directories around and so on.

on my setup the address in something like http://mysite.com/index.php?event=moderate&step=preinstall

if you moved your directories and then changed your paths in the prefernces or in the database that address might be wrong and you shold try

http://mysite.com/ subdirectory /index.php?event=moderate&step=preinstall

… maybe.

what was that again…?

Board footer