Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2005-10-29 19:56:07

cdcarter

Re: mem_moderation - Generic Moderation

I got it setup just fine, but when I use the form in a section, I have no way to submit the data, am I missing something glaringly obvious? I am using the standard form and everything.

#26 2005-11-18 19:26:20

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

> oldi wrote:

> has anyone been able to display a list of content the current user submitted for moderation, which has yet to be approved.

I am having a bit of a problem. What i want to do is: After the user has logged in, i want him to see the list and be able to write a new article. This is what i have

<code><txp:if_section name=“write”>
<txp:ign_password_protect >
<txp:ign_logged_user verbose=“1” display=“realname”/>
<txp:moderate_submission_list />
<txp:mod_article_form />
</txp:ign_password_protect>
</txp:if_section></code>

But i don’t see any lists, tho i get the forms for writing a new article. Is <code><txp:moderate_submission_list /></code> the right tag for this?

Thanks

—————————————

moderate_submission_list is the correct tag, but you are using it incorrectly. It requires either a form to be specified, or for you to enclose formatting tags within the moderate_submission_list tag. There is no default formatting or a default form for this tag. Trying using the below tags.

<code>
<h3>Submitted Articles</h3>
<txp:moderate_submission_list form=“mod_submission_alist” type=“article” wraptag=“ul” break=“li” />
</code>

…and create a form called mod_submission_alist and fill it with this…

<code>
<txp:mod_type /> #<txp:mod_id /> – <txp:mod_edit_link baseurl=”/path/to/submit-a-story”><txp:mod_data name=“title” /> </txp:mod_edit_link>
</code>

#27 2005-11-18 19:27:50

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

> cdcarter wrote:

> I got it setup just fine, but when I use the form in a section, I have no way to submit the data, am I missing something glaringly obvious? I am using the standard form and everything.

Do you mean that there is no submit button?

#28 2005-11-18 23:34:15

cdcarter

> Do you mean that there is no submit button?.
Yes.

#29 2005-11-19 19:03:06

oldi

thanks for your help it works now. Can you please explain a bit about

<code><txp:mod_edit_link baseurl=”/path/to/submit-a-story”></code>

Tried to read the help but still didn’t get it. What does this do, and can the path be whateve i decide. I used the form that was created when installing the pluging which didn’t have the baseurl and it still worked. So what is the difference?

Also i noticed that the articles submitted using this plugin don’t show the name of the author. I use excerpt whith the option to read more. The author name would appear in the experpt but it will not appear when you read the full article. This does not happen when the articles have been written within txp admin page.

#30 2006-01-04 23:07:18

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

> oldi wrote:

> thanks for your help it works now. Can you please explain a bit about

<code><txp:mod_edit_link baseurl=”/path/to/submit-a-story”></code>

> Tried to read the help but still didn’t get it. What does this do, and can the path be whateve i decide. I used the form that was created when installing the pluging which didn’t have the baseurl and it still worked. So what is the difference?

The path can be where you decide. This allows you to put the form for editing on a separate page. It’s a klugy way of supporting clean urls.

> Also i noticed that the articles submitted using this plugin don’t show the name of the author. I use excerpt whith the option to read more. The author name would appear in the experpt but it will not appear when you read the full article. This does not happen when the articles have been written within txp admin page.

This sounds like a bug. I’ve made revisions in the past few months, but haven’t gotten around to sharing them. I’ll try to find the time to do so.

Last edited by Manfre (2006-01-04 23:07:57)

#31 2006-06-18 12:04:16

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Manfre,

thanks for this plugin, it is proving to be an asset for me. I’m finally adding moderation to an upload unit I was asked to write recently and I think I’ve found a mistake in the submit_moderated_content function.

I’ve v0.3.2 and I see this in there…
<pre>
function submit_moderated_content($type,$email,$desc,$data)
{
global $txp_user,$ign_user;

if (isset($ign_user)) $txp_user = $ign_user;
$type = doSlash($type);
$email = doSlash($type); // << $email is set from $type!!!
$desc = doSlash($desc);
</pre>

Presumably that should be slashed from the $email input.

Steve

#32 2006-06-18 23:49:08

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Good find. That managed to slip through for a few versions. The latest version is 0.4.4 and the next one will have this fix.

#33 2006-06-19 00:18:25

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Thanks Manfre,

this plugin is working very well for me having made the change in my local copy. Is v0.4.4 public yet? Sounds like I picked up an older version.

I am also having problems getting the multi-edit delete function to work on the moderation list page.

event = moderate
step = moderate_multi_edit
action = delete
result: no calls to the rejector function and the items remain in the moderation list.

My question is, am I using this the correct way or am I meant to write an event handler for this in my plugin and then have it call through to the moderation list to have it’s entry removed?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by net-carver (2006-06-19 01:16:05)

Steve

#34 2006-06-20 13:07:20

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

http://manfre.net/article/687/txp-moderation-plugin-still-beta

Go ^^ and it will explain all and provide download links for the latest versions of mem_moderation, mem_moderation_article, and mem_moderation_image.

#35 2006-06-20 13:41:55

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Manfre wrote:

Go and it will explain all and provide download links for the latest versions of mem_moderation, mem_moderation_article, and mem_moderation_image.

Thanks for those Manfre, I just went and grabbed mem_moderation and tried to install it and bam! down goes my local apache session. Tried it three times now, same result each time.

I was hoping it was something I had done to my local apache config but alas, other plugins install fine.

Looks like I got a bad download. Installing OK now.

Last edited by net-carver (2006-06-20 14:52:11)

Steve

#36 2006-06-20 15:19:02

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Manfre,

fantastic! This version fixes the problems I had to work around in the 0.3.3 version — I just stripped the work-arounds out of my plugin :O)

Thanks for your efforts on this.

Steve

Board footer