Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-09-14 15:10:50

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Re: mem_moderation - Generic Moderation

What’s the problem? Feel free to post it here. I originally wanted all support to happen through email because I was planning for a lot of problems, but so far I haven’t received any emails.

#14 2005-09-15 13:51:47

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Jeremie, some one else experienced an sql problem. I’m fairly certain is the same problem you encountered. At this point in time, I would like to point out just how important it is to call <code>doSlash()</code> on all incoming variables that are making their way in to the sql queries. Posted 0.3.2 for both plugins which now religiously check variables, instead of in only a few places.

#15 2005-09-15 17:42:52

Jeremie
Website

I had problem at the install. I will retest this all on a new clean install of TXP, with only your plugins, and debug more seriously.

#16 2005-09-16 19:34:59

ubernostrum
Website

Manfre wrote:
> with regards to setup, i’m going for excessively easy. I figure spending an extra hour
> making it easier to use, then i’ll save several hours of not having to support basic problems. :)

Definitely. Now just get all the other features working, and I won’t have to deal with that beast anymore ;)

But seriously, do away with this mess and give Scoop some competition.

You cooin’ with my bird?

#17 2005-09-22 17:35:42

creativesplash
Website

I’m getting the following error on running the installer of mem_moderation
Notice: Undefined variable: txpcfg in /home/project3/public_html/projectzcad/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(368) : eval()’d code on line 142
Install Log

and then these messages

<ul> <li>Created moderation table txp_txp_moderation</li> <li>Moderation table already exists</li> <li>Created form ‘mod_submission_list’</li>
</ul>

I din’t get any errors while installing mem_admin_parse and mem_moderation_article

when i go to extentions > moderation i get this message
Failed to access table.

using Rob’s db plugin i found out that the table txp_moderation exists

I’m using Txp 4.01 and here are my diagnostics…

<blockquote>
Textpattern version: 4.0.1 (r888)
last_update: 2005-09-11 04:20:17/2005-09-11 04:15:45
Document root: /home/project3/public_html/projectzcad
$path_to_site: /home/project3/public_html/projectzcad
Textpattern path: /home/project3/public_html/projectzcad/textpattern
Permanent link mode: title_only
Temp folder: /home/project3/public_html/projectzcad/textpattern/tmp
Site URL: projectzcad.com
PHP version: 4.3.11
Register globals: 1
Magic quotes: 1/0
MySQL: 4.0.25-standard-log
Locale: en_GB.UTF-8
Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

.htaccess file contents:
————————————
#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
#Options +FollowSymLinks
#RewriteBase /relative/web/path/

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php </IfModule> ———————————— </blockquote>

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#18 2005-10-26 12:19:38

oldi

I love this plugin, please please please keep working on it.

I am having exatly the same problem as creativesplash. When i install mem_moderation i get

Notice: Undefined variable: txpcfg in /web/sites/205/morava/www.morava.f2s.com/book/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 142

Tho the plugin is still working.

I have few questions about the plugin. I have set it up in a normal section which doesn’t require users to login.
The form doesn’t give me any options where to write the user name or their email. All i get is Title, Category, Body and Notes. However i see that in mod_article_form has this tag:
<code><!— this will put the submitting username in to custom field 1 —>
<input type=“hidden” name=“custom_1” value=’<txp:mem_profile var=“name” />’ /></code>. Can you explain a bit more what does that do. Does that mean that i need a section that requires users to login in order to have the user name.

also when i try to approve the article as an administrator, if i have to make some changes to the article (e.g change username, change category, etc) i need to save it before i approve it. If try to approve it without saving the changes nothing will happen. Is that supposed to be like that, or is it a bug? My suggestion would be that if i approve an article it will save the changes automatically.

finally would it be great if a confirmation email is sent to the author of the article when that article is approved. Problably that feature is there but as i mention above i am having problems with users.

thanks a lot

#19 2005-10-26 14:15:56

maniqui
Website

<blockquote>
The form doesn’t give me any options where to write the user name or their email. All i get is Title, Category, Body and Notes. However i see that in mod_article_form has this tag:
<code><!— this will put the submitting username in to custom field 1 —>
<input type=“hidden” name=“custom_1” value=’<txp:mem_profile var=“name” />’ /></code></blockquote>

I would bet that this adds the username to the custom field 1 of the submitted article.
If you need that users can input their name, you should try changing the “type” attribute to “text” (actually, “hidden”).
This way, the input field will show in your form.
Also, you should leave the “value” attribute empty.

<blockquote>
Can you explain a bit more what does that do. Does that mean that i need a section that requires users to login in order to have the user name.</blockquote>

I think this plug-in was planned for using in community sites with registered users.
But maybe you can use it in the way you want, without asking for user to login to submit an article. And if it works without requiring a login, it will be cool, for example, if you want anonymous user to submit content (for example, in a site about personal secrets where users can submit and share their secrets without creating an account).

I dont know if it is possible to post an article without author (I mean, an author already registered in TXP or ign alternate database). But if it is not possible, maybe you can create an “Anonymous User” in the database and then, all articles submitted without login can be assigned to that “Anonymous User”.

Well, I havent tested this plug-in yet, so I’m speaking in the air (sorry).
But please, try what I suggested and tell us what happen.

Thanks <small>and excuse my english</small>

Last edited by maniqui (2005-10-26 14:22:19)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#20 2005-10-26 14:44:45

oldi

Thanks it worked. So, if my form looks like this

<code><input text=“hidden” name=“custom_1” value=’‘ /></code>

i get the form to input a name, and you were right the name appears under custom field 1. The only problem is that when i approve the article i need to type the name again in the author field, otherwise it will not show any authors.

I will try seeting up a login page to see whether it makes any difference.

thanks

#21 2005-10-26 15:12:42

maniqui
Website

> oldi wrote:

<blockquote>Thanks it worked. So, if my form looks like this

<code><input text=“hidden” name=“custom_1” value=’‘ /></code></blockquote>

It’s not <code>text=“hidden”</code> (that’s wrong, because text attribute doesnt exist).
It shoud be <code>type=“text”</code>.

<blockquote> i get the form to input a name, and you were right the name appears under custom field 1. The only problem is that when i approve the article i need to type the name again in the author field, otherwise it will not show any authors.</blockquote>

Maybe, this is related to the mistake you make above (but I’m not sure, because you say that the name appears in the custom field 1, so it’s already saved in the database, or am i wrong?.
Try again after making my suggested change.

Last edited by maniqui (2005-10-26 15:52:12)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#22 2005-10-26 15:36:44

oldi

i get the same result as above even with the new changes.

#23 2005-10-26 16:33:28

oldi

it works great with a login page. Any idea how to change the body form. It is too small at the moment.

thanks

#24 2005-10-27 15:46:27

oldi

has anyone been able to display a list of content the current user submitted for moderation, which has yet to be approved.

I am having a bit of a problem. What i want to do is: After the user has logged in, i want him to see the list and be able to write a new article. This is what i have

<code><txp:if_section name=“write”>
<txp:ign_password_protect >
<txp:ign_logged_user verbose=“1” display=“realname”/>
<txp:moderate_submission_list />
<txp:mod_article_form />
</txp:ign_password_protect>
</txp:if_section></code>

But i don’t see any lists, tho i get the forms for writing a new article. Is <code><txp:moderate_submission_list /></code> the right tag for this?

Thanks

Board footer