Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#121 2007-11-25 13:07:20

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Re: mem_moderation - Generic Moderation

Looks like the same thing pap_contact_cleaner does for the zem_contact_reborn plugin.

Steve

#122 2007-11-26 19:57:55

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

There will be quite a few upgrades in the next version that will be released very soon.

#123 2007-11-26 21:43:48

jakob
Admin
Website

excellent news, Manfre!

(I haven’t tried pap_contact_cleaner, but you’re right steve, it does look like the same thing.)

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#124 2007-11-26 22:24:06

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jakob said: Any possiblity of incorporating this simple yet quite effective honeypot captcha
Manfre said: There will be quite a few upgrades in the next version that will be released very soon.

Cooool. I can vouch for honeypot captchas, btw. In conjunction with other logical stuff they utterly rock. Had a 100% success rate thus far on my various (as yet, non-TXP) forms employing a session/hash/nonce var, simple timestamp checking, standard validation/encoding of form fields, and a random number of randomly generated random question fields, hidden by CSS. In the event I start getting automatic spam I can always randomly choose a hiding method ;-)

The only spam I recall in the past 2.5 years of using this system was manually submitted by some sad bloke who sent me the same message 4 times over the course of an evening trying to sell me something. All I received was a mangled link, server credentials and his IP address, the chump. Retribution was swift, and he never came back.

Looking forward to the next rev. This plugin is wicked and keeps getting stronger: Manfre’s the man :-)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#125 2008-01-06 15:31:31

creativesplash
Website

I would double quote most of what Stef said. I’ve been using it myself, but in a closed environment (intranet). Its been absolutely smooth. Manfre’s the man.

Because its been really smooth, I am implementing this on a public community website. I thought I should point out that I’m getting a few errors in TXP 4.05. They are merely errors I am still able to approve / reject / make changes to the article.

Notice: Unknown tag attribute: note in /home/myramnag/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 605
Notice: Unknown tag attribute: textile_excerpt in /home/myramnag/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 605
Notice: Unknown tag attribute: textile_body in /home/myramnag/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 605
Notice: Unknown tag attribute: id in /home/myramnag/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 605
Notice: Unknown tag attribute: type in /home/myramnag/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 605

Any ideas what could be causing these errors?

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#126 2008-04-22 22:38:55

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

I’m using article moderation in TXP 4.06 and after some mumbling it works fine! Thanks.

Anyway, the mem_article_moderation still need the add_priv hack to work. And I’m still receiving some warning when trying to moderate articles.

Warning: Missing argument 2 for form_pop() ... include/txp_article.php on line 880

Notice: Undefined variable: id in ... textpattern/include/txp_article.php on line 888

and

Notice: Undefined index: url_title in ... textpattern/include/txp_article.php on line 933

when I approve the article. Apart that, the whole thing is still rather impressive. Great work.

Z-

Last edited by Zanza (2008-04-22 22:51:46)

#127 2008-06-05 19:53:00

kees-b
Website

Zanza wrote:

Anyway, the mem_article_moderation still need the add_privs hack to work.

Hi Zanza and others,

I have a problem using the “add_privs” hack with mem_article_moderation. I added the line add_privs('article_moderate', '1'); before register_tab('extensions','article_moderate','article_moderate'); but when clicking the install wizard it still leads to ‘restricted area’ and the plugin is not working.

Can you explain how you got it working?

kees

Last edited by kees-b (2008-06-05 19:53:50)

#128 2008-06-06 10:07:33

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Kees.

I just added the add_privs line, as you did, except that I have a slighty different code:

add_privs('article_moderate', '1');
register_callback('article_moderate','article_moderate','', 1);

That is, I added the line before the register_callback line, not register_tab. Also, I have the 0.4.10 version of “mem_moderation_article” plugin. Maybe you have a different version?

Hope this help, bye

Z-

#129 2008-06-06 14:21:28

kees-b
Website

Hi Zanza,

Actually I found out that the plugin was working after I had added the two forms manually. Only the install wizard failed to install them. But your solution worked too! Now the install wizard runs fine and finds the two forms. This workes also with the mem_moderation_image plugin.

thanks,

kees

#130 2008-06-07 13:58:08

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

You’re welcome. Nice image on your homepage, too. :)

Z-

#131 2008-07-09 12:33:21

sthmtc
Website

i was just trying to install the latest version of mem_moderation_article from manfre’s public svn but i keep getting this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /sandbox/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()'d code on line 1
The above errors were caused by the plugin:mem_moderation_article

any ideas?

#132 2008-07-11 13:48:33

kees-b
Website

Zanza wrote:

And I’m still receiving some warning when trying to moderate articles.
Warning: Missing argument 2 for form_pop() ... include/txp_article.php on line 880
Notice: Undefined variable: id in ... textpattern/include/txp_article.php on line 888
and
Notice: Undefined index: url_title in ... textpattern/include/txp_article.php on line 933
when I approve the article. Apart that, the whole thing is still rather impressive. Great work.

I have a working mem_moderation setup (indeed impressive – thanks manfre!) and am getting exactly the same errors as Zanza describes. They don’t seem to bother the functioning of the plugin, unless I’ve overlooked something. But has somebody found a workaround yet?

I have not yet tested it with 4.0.7 svn – any new errors showing then?

kees

Board footer