Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#169 2007-01-23 12:53:52

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] jmc_event_manager

Out for testing (test only atm) and the plugin has been split. This is v.3 beta. Changes mean that wraptags, id’s and classnames can now be used as per normal textpattern tags.

files.euphemize.net/textpattern/jmc_event_manager/jmc_event_display.php
files.euphemize.net/textpattern/jmc_event_manager/jmc_event_manager.php

The first file deals with the front end display, the second with the back end management. Both are needed.

example usage:

Call the plugin using this:

<txp:jmc_events form="events" past="1" wraptag="ul" />

With this as the form “events”:

<li class="vevent"> <txp:jmc_event_name wraptag="span" class="summary" /> <ul> <li>start: <txp:jmc_event_time wraptag="abbrev" start="1" php_date="c" /></li> <li>end: <txp:jmc_event_time wraptag="abbrev" start="0" php_date="c" /></li> </ul> <ul class="description"> <li>price: <txp:jmc_event_price /></li> <li>otherbands: <txp:jmc_event_otherbands /></li> <li>otherinfo: <txp:jmc_event_otherinfo /></li> <li>category: <txp:jmc_event_category /></li> </ul> <ul> <txp:jmc_venue form="venue" /> </ul> </li>

and this as the form “venue”:

<li class="location vcard"> <txp:jmc_venue_name linked="1" class="url org" /> <txp:jmc_venue_email linked="1" wraptag="div" class="email" /> <div="adr"> <txp:jmc_venue_address1 wraptag="div" class="street-address" /><txp:jmc_venue_address2 wraptag="div" class="street-address" /> <txp:jmc_venue_suburb wraptag="span" class="locality" /> <txp:jmc_venue_state wraptag="span" class="region" /> <txp:jmc_venue_postcode wraptag="span" class="postal-code" /> <txp:jmc_venue_country wraptag="span" class="country-name" /> </div> <txp:jmc_venue_otherinfo wraptag="div" class="otherinfo" /> </li>

BE + MEngSc = engineer with a side dish of frustrated designer/developer with a penchant for photography outside

#170 2007-01-28 16:28:20

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Thanks for a great plugin – looks like you’ve sorted out the split thing as well. Way to go! :)

Two things I noticed which you might want to fix with the next version:
  • Help text is broken – doesn’t display properly with my 4.0.4 installation (just huge chunks of text without much formatting, Textile tags are being displayed instead of executed), and it’s very difficult extracting the information you need at first glance.
  • Clicking on venue manager, I get this error (rest of the page works fine): Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 select * from <mytable> as txp_image where id = in <...>\textpattern\lib\txplib_db.php on line 84 – Seems like you’re doing a select without passing an ID.
  • “event manager prefs” just displays “Gig Listing”. Umm… is it meant to work like that? I’m missing some pref options, to be honest. ;)
  • It would be nice if you could display an event category, not just use it to filter data. Is this possible, or did I miss this option (again, the problem with the help text :)

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Last edited by nighthawk (2007-01-28 16:30:45)

#171 2007-01-29 07:56:11

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Cheers nighthawk.

• Help text is something I’m not quite getting with the whole textile v. non-textile execution – any ideas?
  • Venue manager error – will be fixed. Thought I caught that one. Doh!
  • Preferences page under “extensions” should be blank atm – if not remind me
  • RSS feed is currently blank as I believe this will require an additional file :(
  • You should be able to call the category – I thought I did put that in. I’ll double check for you.

BE + MEngSc = engineer with a side dish of frustrated designer/developer with a penchant for photography outside

#172 2007-01-29 08:14:52

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hey dude,
thanks for your support. Regarding the help text, I always put in good ol’ HTML. Looks crappy with the new plugin upload preview, but works just fine when people view it after installing the plugin.

Thanks again! The plugin rocks. :)

#173 2007-01-29 09:55:23

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

btw: are you using the split plugin or the original?

#174 2007-01-29 10:24:59

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’m still using the original (0.2). I downloaded it before you released the next version. Should I give that one a try first?

#175 2007-01-29 10:44:50

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

nighthawk wrote:

I’m still using the original (0.2). I downloaded it before you released the next version. Should I give that one a try first?

If you’ve got a testing server and could have a look at the newest split one that’d be great.

#176 2007-01-29 11:27:32

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hmmm… not right now, so I’ll have to wait for the stable one or other users’ feedback. :/

#177 2007-02-14 22:57:00

ollieclubb
Website

Hi Joel

Thanks for a great plugin! Another example of how its been implemented

http://southwestsound.org.uk/schedule/1
http://southwestsound.org.uk/venues/10

and

http://futureboogie.com/events/7/27
(also some free audio there…)

I mailed you a while back to inform you of some updates we made to jmc events and the best way about “releasing” them or preferably integrating them into the current version of the plugin.

Some of the updates me n the pieman made for JMC: event , venue and category images (inc upm_image_popper), integration with TXP RSS feeds , extra fields :google URL’s etc selected menu states. Definitely some things that are on your TODO list….

Please contact me via mail if you’re interested in integrating them into the current version…

Are you willing to accept donations for your efforts with jmc? If so how? Paypal? Amazon? ???

Ollie

Last edited by ollieclubb (2007-02-15 12:03:11)

#178 2007-02-16 07:16:43

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Dude – yeah if you could give me some info. euphemize[at]gmail[dot]com to get in contact.

Not accepting donations, if you’d like to donate to something perhaps pop a few bob in the direction of the Red Cross of your country or Amnesty International. I do this for a challenge and a bit of fun. If there’s commercial options to push it, I want to see that happen whether or not I’m involved. It’s just good to see my work out there being used ;)

#179 2007-02-16 09:59:16

ande

I translated the 0.2 version to german.

This is what I did:

- I removed the txp_image part, as images seem not to be included in the standard txp installation
- Added class=“edit” to input tags
- Did some formatting and simplification
- Changed to 24h time format which is what we have here ;-)
- In the events list, i introduced links to the venues, not only to the events
- Reduced years range from 2007-2038 (2038 the unix clock will turn around!)
- Changed order of minutes to 00, 15, 30, 45

My remarks:

- The manual page unfortunately is bad formatted – I dont know how to change that.
As I have the plugin at a production site, we could call it version 0.9de now (for german)
- You might change the tag “suburb” in the venues to “city” as this would be more intuitive.
- It would also be cool if we could save events without necessity of a time

Write me if you need the german plugin before Joel offers it: delleske(at)vauban.de

#180 2007-02-20 05:32:21

visualpeople
Website

Joel —

I couldn’t tell from your above post, have you figured out where the Venue Manager SQL error is coming from?

I thought about trying to find it, but if you already had figured out a solution, I thought I wouldn’t waste my time.

Thanks for a great plugin!

-Ryan

Board footer