Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2006-07-13 11:45:35

Destry
Website

Re: [archived] gbp_faux_static - uri forwarding.

creativesplash wrote:

@Destry: Cant we archive this version as one of the older versions and also archive the new one as the latest version?

Absolutely. That was part of the original idea, and in fact that’s what happens over time as plugin files are updated. I just don’t want plugin authors to feel burdoned to backlog all their previous versions; we can simply start with a clean slate. Nevertheless, nothing is stopping anyone for going for it if they want to.

By the way, you might look at the archive tables, their slightly different from the original idea shown in the thread announcement. Previous versions are not now shown in the tables. Instead a wiki search is how to find them. Additionally, they can be listed in the “Docs” page of the plugin.

Now, let’s not shanghai Graeme’s thread any longer.

Last edited by Destry (2006-07-13 11:48:57)

#74 2006-07-13 12:05:07

creativesplash
Website

destry wrote:

<blockquote>By the way, you might look at the archive tables…..</blockquote>

Yes. And its interesting. I also noticed that we can add different versions of the same plugin (i.e. plugin updates). You’ve done an excellent job.

<blockquote>let’s not shanghai Graeme’s thread any longer…</blockquote>

:) Yep.

@graeme: I do love your plugin idea, but it was a little too complicated for me. I’m looking forward for the new version of your plugin. Hopefully it’ll be easier for noobs.
AND, Sorry for hijacking this thread.

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#75 2006-07-13 13:07:56

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

Destry, creativesplash,

The plugin archives sound like a great idea. I’d would up for getting some user input on the documentation – I find it the hardest aspect about making plugins. This new version will be different and I will be making use of the plugin archive. But as for adding the current version to the archive I personally don’t think it necessary. The plugin is so complex it’s not much use to anyone unless they’ve actually designed and coded the plugin.

The new version, which is changing name, is completely different. I’ve not even re-used any of the old code. It has a javascript dynamically generated interface to help create the permanent links, it has more options and will run much fastest on the public side. What more, I’ve been getting help to make sure users actually understand what is going on.

I think people will like it. I hope so. :-)

#76 2006-07-15 11:53:30

els

graeme, I liked the plugin a lot as it is, but I can’t wait to see the new version, especially after seeing this post :)

#77 2006-07-21 05:05:31

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Yeah Els, it is a very slick interface. :)

Steve

#78 2006-07-30 21:07:42

Biomech
Website

This is a really great plugin, but being the dunce I am, I have some questions:

I used this expression from the example on the plugin help page to redirect to /journal:

\/(section_)?(?#section on_frontpage=1)(\/|\.html)?

… and it works fine. See here: http://www.btw-net.com/journal/ (or all the other endings mentioned in the example; they all work)

Well, now I want to redirect to the “about” section, and here’s when I have problems. I used the same expression again except I selected about as the section and a different page template, yet it doesn’t work and I get messed up pages.

Am I using the wrong expression?

Thanks!

#79 2006-08-01 14:09:38

Biomech
Website

Bump.

(is bumping allowed here?)

#80 2006-08-01 15:00:23

els

Biomech wrote:

(is bumping allowed here?)

It is, but I suppose Graeme is very busy writing his replacement for this plugin :)

#81 2006-08-01 15:40:46

Biomech
Website

Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. :D

Last edited by Biomech (2006-08-01 15:41:14)

#82 2006-08-09 15:08:10

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

Sorry for missing your post Biomech. I am busy working on a replacement, good news is that I will have something to show everyone soon :D
Development has been very productive and in my tests the plugin seems to be working extremely well, but I could still use more people to help test in their own TxP setup.

Anyone?

#83 2006-08-09 15:19:11

jonhicks
Website

graeme wrote:

Development has been very productive and in my tests the plugin seems to be working extremely well, but I could still use more people to help test in their own TxP setup. Anyone?

Hell yes!! :D

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

#84 2006-08-09 16:09:48

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

jonhicks wrote:

Hell yes!! :D

Thanks Jon, an email with links to the plugin is on it’s way.

Board footer