Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2004-08-08 00:40:52

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Browsing by date plugin

Thanks for the code, Remillard. I still am not getting output from akw_archive, so I’m certain that I’m doing something wrong. This is what I have:

1) A section called archive that uses page archive

2) Page archive is a copy of my default article page, with the txp body code removed and the code you posted above put in its place. (Including the mdn_set_section code tags)

3) As in your example, a form called archivelink that contains the code you posted, and is of article form.

When I load up schussman.com/archive, I get a page that looks like all my article pages, but the content area of it is blank. Viewing the source, I see that there is a div in place for archive-list — but no content in that div.

Is there a detail I’m still missing?

Last edited by schussat (2004-08-08 00:41:50)

-Alan

#74 2004-08-08 16:00:02

botono9
Website

I’m also having problems with the permlink tag. On the Kolonel’s site he’s not using standard permlinks, but date-aware permlinks. How is this achieved?

It would be great if The Kolonel could post the code from the form he uses to produce those links.

The future is… now!

#75 2004-08-08 19:06:53

Remillard
Plugin Author

mmm make sure you end the akw_archive tage with a /> I seem to remember it gets parsed incorrectly if it’s just a >… otherwise I“m not sure…

Remil

#76 2004-08-09 21:45:52

botono9
Website

schussat: the akw_archive tag is only going to pull posts from the section in which it is being called, so unless you have posts in your Archive section, you won’t see anything.

The future is… now!

#77 2004-08-10 02:41:15

Remillard
Plugin Author

He’s trying to fool the section context.

#78 2004-08-10 02:48:49

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

> Remillard wrote:

> He’s trying to fool the section context.

Yep, and while it appears that I’m fooling the section, I’m still gettiing no love from akw_archive. I doublechecked that the tag was properly closed with />. I’ll keep tinkering with it, but I think for now I’ll just have to live without. Thanks for all the suggestions, Remillard.

-Alan

#79 2004-08-10 03:05:27

Remillard
Plugin Author

for whatever it’s worth, what I was doing for debug was going into the code, on the function that parse() calls (I forget the name now) and doing a
print_r($match);
print_r($pretext);
(and a little formatting for them, so maybe a;
print_r(“\n———————————-\n”);
between them).

And then load the page and read the source. It’ll show you EVERY tag that it tries to parse and what it thinks is going on :).

Remi

#80 2004-08-10 21:55:12

botono9
Website

Is anyone getting permlinks to work? If so, how? Please divulge!

The future is… now!

#81 2004-08-12 07:53:18

osei
Plugin Author
Website

Hello

Thanks for this great plugin.

My blog is in swedish and so i wanted the outputed month to be in swedish aswell to do that i made a little change to the code, here is what i did.

i have only tried this in the function <code>akw_month_list</code> but i should work on the other functions aswell.

in the function <code>akw_month_list</code>

the row that says:

<code>$thismonthyear = date(‘F Y’, $uPosted + $timeoffset);</code>

i changed to:

<code>
$getDate = getdate($uPosted + $timeoffset);
$thismonthyear = akw_get_custom_month($getDate).” “.date(‘Y’, $uPosted + $timeoffset);
</code>

And finaly i added the function

<code>
function akw_get_custom_month($date)
{ $month = array(“Januari”,“Februari”,“Mars”,“April”,“Maj”,“Juni”,“Juli”,“Augusti”,“September”,“Oktober”,“November”,“December”); for($i=1; $i<13; $i++) { if ($date[“mon”]==$i) { return $month[$i-1]; } }
}
</code>

I have a working example up <a href=“http://johan.galaxen.net/arkiv”>here</a> at the bottom of the page.

sorry for my bad english mon :)

Last edited by osei (2004-08-12 08:00:47)

Johan Nilsson

#82 2004-08-14 18:27:54

botono9
Website

Just trying to bump this. How are you guys getting the permlinks to work? I still cannot get my links to the stories to work right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The future is… now!

#83 2004-08-24 02:35:55

CrimsonTeiwaz

I was just curious if thekolonel or anyone else had found a solution to the slight bug in the plugin that causes some posts to be listed incorrectly on the pages for a single day’s articles?

Basically, I’m just resetting the time of the article posted to something before about 11pm and it seems to work okay, but has anyone figured out how to fix it internally yet?

Oh, and thanks again to botono9, who suggested using the zem_link plugin for problems with the permanent links in forms used with akw_archive. :)

“I know. I know. Permanent psychosis. At least the colors are nice.”
Aeon Flux

#84 2004-09-27 04:29:19

macsepp
Website

Hey guys, i recognized an important bug of the latest version 1.2 (g19)
I’m using 1.0rc1 with both plugins, akw_archive and akw_aware_date, and got my months listed and the entries listed for a specific month.

I describe the problems/bugs I found, and it might help some of you guys having problems with it as well as far as I read from above.

In the beginning I didn’t get the URL params working (surprise!), or at least it seemed so because I had one single Article as an example, in this case with a date of September. Nothing showed up over <code>?s=weblog&y=2004&m=09</code>. Then I entered a second entry and set the date to July, and nothing worked either. Finally by accident I entered some more articles and gave them few more different months and it was working, or at least close to it.

A link like <code>?s=weblog&y=2004&m=09</code> gave me the entries of August not September. So nothing did work because I always tried with a test entry for Sept and July, and it just couldn’t show up something for a month earlier for both! haha…

Finally I noticed that it works fine with Timezone set to 0, and thats the major bug I wanted to mention if not sombody else already did or I’m doing something wrong. I set the timezone to +10 and it showed always a month before.

I would love to get this fixed thekolonel ;) because I love your plugin anyway, it’s cool.

Textpattern loves me, and I love textpattern.

Board footer