Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2004-06-12 11:14:26

tinyfly
Website

Re: Browsing by date plugin

Thanks,

I will try this out shortly. This helps tremendously.

#26 2004-06-17 18:05:37

tinyfly
Website

I was having problems getting this to work until I realized that the akw_article_date_aware tag and the akw_nested_month_list have to be on the same page.

Works perfectly know thanks.

#27 2004-06-18 18:07:42

andruidica
Website

I’m having trouble Kolonel. I’m at work now, but if it’s okay, I’ll email you when I get more time to work on this.

#28 2004-06-19 22:55:28

andruidica
Website

Okay Kolonel, or anyone else with suggestions (jayaqt?),

Check this (url removed) out. It is displaying the most recent entries, instead of the september 2003 entries.

I have txp:akw_article_date_aware in my archive page. I have no idea why it’s not working.

Last edited by andruidica (2004-12-03 20:05:07)

#29 2004-06-20 10:51:25

marco

Can somebody clarify how to use all these “akw_xxx” tags:

txp:akw_archive_plugin
txp:akw_article_date_aware_plugin

txp:akw_article_custom
txp:akw_date_aware
txp:akw_month_list
txp:akw_nested_month_list

It seems there are two plugins but six tags;

- what akw_xxx plugins create what tags?

- what is the syntax for the 6 tags?

- can somebody post examples of using these tags?

I only found the two encrypted plugins on the site, and no help file or examples…

#30 2004-06-20 17:50:32

misterk
Website

If you install them in textpattern there is documentation for the plugins in the admin -> plugins -> [plugin] page. Try that.

#31 2004-06-20 18:17:50

philippo

I’m having problems getting the date based archives to work.

I currently have (www.drunkenmonkeys.org/archive/) txp:akw_nested_month_list in a sidebar and it’s working fine (ie producing output).

I also have txp:akw_article_date_aware in my main content pane. It’s displaying my articles just fine, BUT does not seem to be reacting to date input at all. If I click on the month list, it just seems to refresh the page, always displaying articles in reverse chronological, newest first (just like regular textpattern).

It seems that the date aware article is not reacting to form input. So, drunkenmonkeys.org/archive/?y=2003 does nothing.

Any ideas why that might be? I also tried out txp:akw_archive in the main pane. Again, it prints a nice list of titles sorted by year and month (as it should), but does not react at all to date input in the URL or any clicks on months, years, etc.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Phil

#32 2004-06-20 19:08:51

tinyfly
Website

I think akw_article_date_aware only works for articles that are in the current section. So, if you are using it for articles in the main content and you want the articles to appear properly sorted in a different section say, /archives/ it is not going to happen.

what you could do (though this limits your options for an archive section) is use akw_article_date_aware in your main content section and use akw_nested_month_list in the sidebar of that same main content section then it should work properly. But for a separate /archive/ section, I don’t know.

#33 2004-06-20 19:33:43

philippo

tinyfly,

sorry if this was not clear. Both akw_nested_month_list AND akw_article_date_aware are in the “archive” section and will only be used there. The front page does not have the nested_month_list in the sidebar and the articles there are the standard texpattern article tags, not akw_article_date_aware.

I basically just want this thing working in the archive section and don’t care about the front page.

#34 2004-06-20 19:41:44

thekolonel
Archived Plugin Author
Website

There is a problem with the plugin that shows up on hosts like TextDrive that have REGISTER_GLOBALS set to ‘OFF’. If your date aware tag isn’t working this is the likely culprit. I’m going to update the plugin to work with this configuration.

tiny, you can use the date aware tag in any section.

#35 2004-06-20 20:03:27

philippo

Thanks so much, thekolonel, that would explain it.

Let us know when it’s updated.

Cheers!

#36 2004-06-20 20:22:08

mrpunkin
Website

I have tried implementing this and have the month list working by using:

<txp:akw_nested_month_list section="article" />

From within my “archive” section. Now I then replaced <txp: article limit="5"> with <txp:akw_article_date_aware limit="5">. When I click on the month in my archive page though it just takes me to my normal frontpage, without any article sensativity. The address though matches how it should, its just only showing the newest months stuff.

Any ideas?

http://blog.mrpunkin.com

Last edited by mrpunkin (2004-06-20 20:24:35)

Bryan
.:Mrpunkin.coM:.

Board footer