Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2006-02-02 05:14:52

graumeister
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] glx_admin_image_resize

hi jameslomax, thats a bug, sorry. i will fix it in the next release. the defaultimagesize should be the same like every else gravatar.
hi all, i released a reworked version with fixed thumbnailhandling and some hiding of txp-defaultforms, see the initial post.

Samui? Samui! (about the life as farang in thailand)
David’s Neighbour

#26 2006-02-07 23:33:27

jameslomax
Website

Hmm not sure you understood me. I dont have a problem, its working OK, but I simply want to change the default size. How can you do that? – it must be defined somewhere in the code, but I don’t know where it is.

#27 2006-02-12 21:48:18

jameslomax
Website

:-(

Anyone? – its a pretty basic question: somewhere in the code, the default thumbnail size is specified. I’d like to change it. But as I’m not a coder, I have no idea how to do this.

#28 2006-02-15 08:21:32

graumeister
Plugin Author
Website

hi jameslomax,

you could read the help of the plugin (yourpage.com/textpattern/index.php?event=plugin&step=plugin_help&name=glx_gravatar or I still dont understand your problem). You can change the size of the gravatar via the attribute “size”. Possible values are 0 til 80 and 80 is default.

David’s Neighbour

#29 2006-02-15 12:42:00

jameslomax
Website

Hi,

Please note, this thread/question concerns glx_admin_image_resize.

#30 2006-02-15 18:30:48

RHD
Website

jameslomax:

I’m also not a coder, but it looks like the plugin retains the thumbnail size in a cookie. If you set the thumbnail size to something other than 100, it should remember that value until the cookie expires (or you move to a different browser or machine).

I messed around a bit with editing the plugin, and I think you can get the effect you want (changing the default thumbnail size “for real”) by finding these two lines:

<code>$thumbValue = cs(“glx_image_thumb”) ? cs(“glx_image_thumb”) : 100;</code><br/><br/>

<code>var thumbValue = (getCookie(‘glx_image_thumb’)) ? getCookie(‘glx_image_thumb’) : 100</code><br/><br/>

… and changing “100” to whatever you want the default thumbnail size to be. Then be sure to delete the “glx_image_thumb” cookie from your browser.

Worked for me. Of course, I barely know what I’m doing, so please make a backup of the plugin — and maybe your whole database — before trying anything. You know that.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by RHD (2006-02-15 18:34:50)

#31 2006-02-16 05:03:05

graumeister
Plugin Author
Website

eh, sorry, that would explain why i didnt understand anything. what rhd said is right. you can safe the default in the cookie or you change the 100 into something of your convenience. is it a value that should be configurable? i could put it to the constants in the beginning of the script.

David’s Neighbour

#32 2006-02-16 05:21:48

squaredeye
Website

Patrick,
Yeah, I would make it a bit more configurable.
I’ve found it slightly awkward to get it to stick.

Thx,

Matthew

#33 2006-02-17 05:54:16

graumeister
Plugin Author
Website

the following applies to an experimental version of glx_admin_image_resize in the cellar.

as it is an admin-side-plugin there are no possibilities to configure the plugin via attributes, so there is now a section at the beginning of the code with constants to define the default behaviour. the cookie will overwrite the setting, so you should delete the cookies if the “old” value occurs.

i implemented the defaultsizes and the defaultqualities of “big pictures” and thumbnails. it is not yet deeply tested. what else should be configurable?

there is a slight possibility that the names of the constants are changed until the release of this version, the documentation will be updated accordingly.

David’s Neighbour

#34 2006-03-03 16:55:02

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

I can’t get it to work, on any installation. On one installation only thumbnail resize work, and on large image resize I get an internal server error.

On another installation simply the resize has no effect. Gd library installed.

Is there any setting should I consider? Traditional txp resizing is working fine, I’d like to resize fullsize image.

Thanks!

Z-

#35 2006-03-03 20:52:00

squaredeye
Website

Patrick,
How hard would it be to have a parameter in the plugin that the developer could set, that would not allow any image to be larger than 300px for instance (widest side)? As of now, if I set the resize to ‘200’, it doesn’t resize it to 200 on upload. Is that what you intended? Just curious :)

Great work. I am going to do a write up on your plugin for the WIKI article on image handling so that we can move toward some of your work for the core at some point. (I’d love to hear your suggestions at some point) See this forum post as well for the work in progress.

#36 2006-03-07 11:32:45

masa

Excellent plug-in!

The only thing that really had me stumped for quite a while was that square-cropping didn’t seem to work. Turned out it was a cache issue: shift-reload in Firefox does the trick.

Cheers Martin

Board footer