Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-09-26 02:46:41

joana

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] glx_admin_image_resize

> heikki74 wrote:
I did modify the plugin (0.5b) to do square cropping differently. If someone wants to take a look at the modified code I put it temporarily for download. Check out the “glx_image_resize” function and inside that the part about thumbs.

————————————

Wow, that’s great! It’s exactly what I was looking for.

I’m using this plugin with rss_thumbpop, and I don’t if that’s supposed to be like this or not, but my thumbs are not being created automatically! I’m using nhn_import to import multiple images, and when I go to content/images, only one of the images gets a thumbnail. For the others, I have to manually create it. Am I missing something?

Last edited by joana (2005-09-26 02:46:58)

#14 2005-09-26 10:56:02

aba
Plugin Author

> I’m using this plugin with rss_thumbpop, and I don’t if that’s supposed to be like this or not, but my thumbs are not being created automatically! I’m using nhn_import to import multiple images, and when I go to content/images, only one of the images gets a thumbnail. For the others, I have to manually create it. Am I missing something?

nhn_import does not support thumbnailing, I took over the plugin and it now does thumbnailing (as well as some other things).

Check it out <a href=“http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=11428”>here</a></p>

#15 2005-09-26 13:44:05

joana

————————-
> aba wrote:
nhn_import does not support thumbnailing, I took over the plugin and it now does thumbnailing (as well as some other things).
Check it out <a href=“http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=11428”>here</a></p>
————————-

<strong>I’d tried this plugin beforing using nhn_import, but I got a bunch of errors:</strong>

Notice: Undefined variable: aba_image_importinfo in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 66

Notice: Undefined variable: aba_image_importinfo in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 72

Notice: Undefined variable: newy in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 461
There was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsCould not delete fot28_04.jpg – please delete it yourself to prevent reimporting.

Notice: Undefined index: in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 267

Warning: Division by zero in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 467

Warning: getimagesize(/home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/images/653): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 92

Warning: Division by zero in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 112

Warning: Division by zero in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 112

Warning: imagecreatetruecolor(): Invalid image dimensions in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 211

Notice: Undefined index: image in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 212

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 212

Warning: imagesx(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 352

Warning: imagesy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 352

Warning: imagecreatetruecolor(): Invalid image dimensions in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 355

Warning: imagecopy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 366

Warning: imagecopymerge(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 367

Warning: imagecopymerge(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 368

Warning: imagecopymerge(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 369

Warning: imagecopymerge(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 370

Warning: imagecopymerge(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 371

Warning: imagecopymerge(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 372

Warning: imagecopymerge(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 373

Warning: imagecopymerge(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 374

Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 250

Notice: Undefined index: image in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 251

Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/class.thumb.php on line 251
There was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsCould not delete fot28_02.jpg – please delete it yourself to prevent reimporting.

Notice: Undefined variable: newy in /home/biriba/public_html/tomaz/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 461
There was a problem reading image info. Check the image file or the permissionsCould not delete fot28_03.jpg – please delete it yourself to prevent reimporting.
aba_import_images imported 3 images

#16 2005-09-26 21:37:21

aba
Plugin Author

ouch…
You are using Textpattern 4.01?

could you please send me the detailed textpattern diagnosis output be email?

Thanks

#17 2005-09-28 04:19:08

nardo

heikki – is your temporary dload still available? and what does it do differently with the square thumbs?

also I want to use this plugin on a community-based site to make it easy for peops to insert images at predetermined sizes –

only a minor issue but – any way to hide the default txp-4x thumbnail creator?

doesn’t appear to work in conjunction with this plugin & anyway just confuses the scene

pity the table enclosing the default thumb creator doesn’t have an ID – or the admin_image_resize css could hide it

#18 2005-09-28 04:27:15

nardo

next question

recommended method to set a default large-size and thumb-size … ? edit the plugin and swap every instance of “500” and “100” ?

thanks plugin people !

#19 2005-09-28 05:41:17

heikki74

Hi Nardo. I modified ‘squaring’ so that only the longer side is cropped. The download was temporary because I don’t want confusion with different versions/mods going around. I was hoping that graumeister (author of the plugin at the moment) would pick up the changes and put them in. I’ll send the code him directly so he can take a look at it.

edit— typos..
edit2— typos..

Last edited by heikki74 (2005-09-28 15:16:48)

#20 2005-09-29 13:05:14

nardo

graumeister – would you consider using the options like Dean provides on the default thumbnail creator?

<code>Create thumbnail
Width: [ ] Height: [ ] Crop: [ ]</code>

I’d like to set a consistent width on all thumbnails and at present it works on the longest side only

Last edited by nardo (2005-09-29 13:06:45)

#21 2005-09-30 05:10:12

graumeister
Plugin Author
Website

@nardo: i try to implement it as option so you decide via attribute if you want longest side or width or height.

@heikki: i will implement your changes this weekend.

Samui? Samui! (about the life as farang in thailand)
David’s Neighbour

#22 2005-10-04 18:39:45

Buddy Bradley
Website

Edit: never mind, I upgraded to 4.0.1 and it works now.

Last edited by Buddy Bradley (2005-10-04 19:27:59)

#23 2005-10-15 02:52:52

graumeister
Plugin Author
Website

Hi all. There is a new version available at grauhirn.org which adds heikkis changes for a better square-cropping.

Samui? Samui! (about the life as farang in thailand)
David’s Neighbour

#24 2006-01-27 18:43:07

jameslomax
Website

I use this plug in all the time, and its great. But how do you alter the default size for the thumbnails?

Board footer