Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2005-12-26 17:51:53

KurtRaschke
Plugin Author

Re: XML-RPC for Textpattern 4.0 - test release

Well, let me put it this way: patches are gladly accepted. I know there are a few things that have been requested (there’s something about not being able to turn Textile off?), and if I can get a chance I’ll look at them. Other than that, though, the most sure-fire way for things to get fixed is for someone to send in a patch.

As to Chris’s code: no idea. He did say that it would be released very soon, but that was quite a while ago.

-Kurt

kurt@kurtraschke.com

#50 2005-12-26 17:59:18

edburdo
Website

According to Chris’s website, he switched to WP in November (2005). That leads me to think that he is done with TXP work. So I don’t see the XRT 2 being released at all. Although he might at some future point… I emailed him asking about it, but my only way to contact him is via these forums.

The two items that I would like to see fixed are: Titles. They should replace spaces with a hyphen (they currently strip all spaces).

And the XMLRPCS file also returns the sections as the blogs available on my site. Sections aren’t seperate blogs (but I don’t use sections anyhow). When using the Performancing plugin for Firefox, all my blogs show up as “article” and not by the actual site title. I tracked it down to the “get blogs” routine. The comments state it pulls the sections as the list of blogs available for the site.

Eric

#51 2005-12-28 16:11:36

KurtRaschke
Plugin Author

And the XMLRPCS file also returns the sections as the blogs available on my site. Sections aren’t seperate blogs (but I don’t use sections anyhow). When using the Performancing plugin for Firefox, all my blogs show up as “article” and not by the actual site title. I tracked it down to the “get blogs” routine. The comments state it pulls the sections as the list of blogs available for the site.

Well, the problem is, there’s no other way to differentiate between the sections. The concept of a “section” is alien to the XML-RPC blog clients out there, so the best abstraction available is to list the various sections as separate blogs. It’s an imperfect abstraction, but it’s the only thing that will mesh with the way the protocol works.

Beyond that, there’s the issue with url-titles, and with Textile being forced on. I can probably get to those within the next few days. No promises, but I’ll see what I can do.

Last edited by KurtRaschke (2005-12-28 16:59:55)

kurt@kurtraschke.com

#52 2006-01-22 14:01:19

krivetsky

Hello there. How to post images using xml-rpc plugin and BlogJet (MT api)???

#53 2006-02-13 17:52:43

bartekk

Hi Kurt,
I tried your version with txp 4.0.3 and ecto and I get following error:

“getRecentPosts() error: couldn’t retrieve list of recent posts.”

Is your version compatible with 4.0.3?

#54 2006-02-18 13:34:28

KurtRaschke
Plugin Author

bartekk,

I can’t actuallly say that it’s compatible with 4.0.3 as I run the development version out of SVN, but I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work. Are there any PHP errors in your server’s logs?

-Kurt

kurt@kurtraschke.com

#55 2006-02-21 10:44:09

chrismc
Plugin Author
Website

This is probably a bit pointless nowadays, but xrt 2.1 has finally been (officially) released – just in case anybody still wants it.

#56 2006-02-23 09:28:43

thomasstache
Website

bartekk wrote:
Hi Kurt,
I tried your version with txp 4.0.3 and ecto and I get following error:
“getRecentPosts() error: couldn’t retrieve list of recent posts.”

I tried to use Flock with this “plugin” on my site, and get several of these error messages when Flock tries to list the existing articles. I used the “Metaweblog API”, but I’m completely lost when it comes to distinguish those.

Kurt, are there differences how the various APIs work with the TXP backend—one better, one worse?

All, has anyone have experience in using TXP with a blogging app on Windows, and wants to share some “do’s and dont’s”?

Thomas Stache

#57 2006-02-23 11:49:34

edburdo
Website

Well, I tried the XRT 2.1 with Performancing for Firefox. Still reports each section as a seperate blog, and didn’t post very well. So I left it and went back to the manual publishing for now. I don’t have time to really try it out right now…

Eric

#58 2006-02-23 12:51:20

thomasstache
Website

Do you have to choose between “Movable Type”, “Blogger” and “Metaweblogs” APIs in Performancing? If so, which one did you use.

Thomas Stache

#59 2006-02-23 22:32:05

edburdo
Website

Choose Custom for the service, then TextPattern as the blogging system. It works OK if you have one blog, but it doesn’t work well for multiple blogs. Performancing lists the blogs by the section name, not the actual blog name.

And if you want to handle textile formatting, you need to switch to HTML mode in Performancing and put in your tags there.

Eric

#60 2006-04-26 15:01:10

rekkid
Website

anyone figure out what the problem is if you get 404 errors? ecto and marsedit logs show it returning a 404. Could it be a .htaccess problem?

Board footer