Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#169 2007-11-19 19:44:58

candyman

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_admin_db_manager - database backups and more

Anyone?

Sorry if I continue to ask for help but the last think I want in reistalling all again…

What are the plugin that may conflict with the rss_admin_db_manager? What are the tables (except prefs) that may I delete to try a reset before reinstalling the plugin? What are the mods that may be incompatibles?

It’s very strange ‘cause, with a clean installation of TXP all worked fine… so, according to me, isn’t a host-related problem.

Many thanks, as usual.

#170 2007-11-19 19:53:09

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

im not aware of any known conflicts between rss_admin_db_manager and any other plugin. seems unlikely there would be a conflict as rss_admin_db_manager doesn’t really do anything besides act as a baby-version of phpmyadmin. if you still think thats the case then try disabling each additional plugin you have to see what happens?

as for mods, it obviously depends on what mods you’ve made to your txp?

#171 2007-11-19 20:00:49

candyman

Thanks, iblastoff.

I’m trying to disable all the plugin: so far I disabled the admin-related ones with no effects at all.

For “mods” I intend add-ons (e.g. haveamint for stats) that add tables to the originals of TXP. May the db manager find other tables and stop working for these?

I’ll try to write to Robert to find out the author’s opinion.

Thanks for your help: maybe, at the end, we’ll find something useful to you, too.

#172 2007-11-23 21:41:18

maniqui
Website

maniqui wrote:

For some reason, the plug-in stopped working (ie. making back-ups) after I changed the folder path (I checked the folders permissions and are the same from /files/ folder).

I changed it back to /files/ but it still not working. It just creates a 20 bytes file.

I have tried uninstalling and installing it again with no luck.

maniqui wrote:

I managed to “fix it” by deleting the plug-in and also deleting every reference to rss_dbbk (in the txp_prefs table) using phpMyAdmin.

Then, I installed the plug-in again and voilà! It worked when I tried to create a new backup.

Just post to tell that this happened again to me, in the same site, so I followed the same steps to fix it.
I couldn’t find what’s the reason for this issue to start to happen.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#173 2007-11-27 10:52:19

candyman

It’s an host-configuration problem.

My new Host seems to be incompatible with the rss_admin_db_manager so I need to know which are the configuration parameters that may influence the plugin behavior.

Can anyone with has the plugin working publish his server configuration in order to discover which are the parameter that the plugin needs?

I asked Rob about this: may we’ll find a solution useful to a lot of people.

Thanks in advance.

#174 2007-11-27 21:10:28

candyman

One thing to add: the optimazation of the tables runs fine, so the database is correctly seen (in my case the server on which are the php pages is different from the one on which the database is): the problem is that, for an unknown problem, isn’t impossible to recover the dunp from the remote server.

Can someone tell me what kind of server confuguration has?

#175 2007-11-28 11:23:52

merz1
Website

Please get in contact with your ISP.

This is not a problem to be solved remotely by forum entries. Or, less arrogant, the other way round: There are already a couple of posts in this thread which deal with connection issues.

BTW: It seems like we need an extra thread or FAQ: “rss_admin_db_manager – database backups – Problems connecting to the database”

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#176 2007-11-28 12:24:52

candyman

I’m already in contact with my ISP.
The are glad to help me if they know what they have to do.
The problem is this: what are the configuration/parameters the plugin needs in order to work?

I’ve already asked if someone (with the backup working) could post his configuration so that I can compare with mine and find out what is different/may stop the plugin from working. Are you one of them?

RSVP.

Last edited by candyman (2007-11-28 12:32:18)

#177 2007-11-29 10:01:16

candyman

Maybe I’ve found the problem: can the rss_admin_db_manager work with remote databases? I explain: my database in on another server respect to the one on which runs the script.

Anyone has a working plugin with separate servers? Or all people which have this plugin unworking are in my same condition?

#178 2007-11-29 10:08:30

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

candyman

AFAIK, Dreamhost has its databases on separate machines — and this plugin works just fine on my Dreamhosted sites.

Steve

#179 2007-11-29 10:22:07

candyman

THANK YOU net-carver. So maybe my ISP can solve the problem. Just in case, I’ll post then the solution: I think it will be useful to other users.

#180 2007-11-29 11:14:51

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

candyman

I haven’t read through the whole thread — so apologies if this has been covered before — but is your backup path…

1. … writable? (I’m pretty sure you’ll have checked this.)
  2. … set correctly in the Extensions > DB Backup > Backup Path field? (On my Dreamhost setup this is an absolute path with no trailing slash at the end.)

Last edited by net-carver (2007-11-29 11:15:06)

Steve

Board footer