Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#157 2007-10-29 18:25:42

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_admin_db_manager - database backups and more

castanet wrote:

I am using rss_admin_db_manager to search and replace text across articles, like this:
update textpattern set body = replace(body,“old text”,“new text”);
The selected text is being replaced in the database, and I can see it when I open up the articles. But each article then needs to be saved down again before the changes are visible on the site. Am I doing it wrong?
Thanks for a great plugin.

Maybe you have cache plugin installed?

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#158 2007-10-29 21:49:30

merz1
Website

@castanet: There are two fields where the body is stored. One is the textile version and one is the translated HTML version which is sent to the browser. If you do a restore you may/must replace content in both fields. I think it is ‘body’ and ‘body_html’.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#159 2007-11-16 08:21:52

candyman

For some reason, the plug-in stopped working (ie. making back-ups). I’ve changed the folder path in the past (checking the folders permissions and are the same from /files/ folder) and it worked well too. Now, it doesn’t and I don’t know why: appears only ERROR NO. 2.

It just creates a 20 bytes file.

I have tried uninstalling and installing it again with no luck.

I tried to fix it by deleting the plug-in and also deleting every reference to rss_dbbk (in the txp_prefs => prefs_id table) using phpMyAdmin: no results at all.

Where may lay the problem?

#160 2007-11-16 11:20:59

candyman

I noticed that, when I try to backup using the gzipped option, I get this: BACKUP FAILED. ERROR NO: 2 but, if I try to backup using the .sql option, I get 20k files.

Hope this may help.

Last edited by candyman (2007-11-16 11:23:12)

#161 2007-11-16 21:19:04

candyman

hhriebe wrote:

I had a similar experience when I accidentally left the “mysqldump Path” and “mysql Path” configuration fields empty. They should at least contain the words mysqldump and mysql – if you still get errors then you need to specify the complete path.

What are the complete path? The instructions talk about complete path to the executable but I don’t understand which values I have to put to avoid the “20k bug”.
Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by candyman (2007-11-16 21:27:14)

#162 2007-11-16 21:28:30

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

the complete path depends on your webhost.

typically its probably something like this : /usr/local/bin/mysqldump

could be and most likely different for you. you may have to look at your hosting documentation or ask them directly. if you have ssh access to your host then you could easily find out as well.

personally i have had 0% success using this plugin on the various hosts i’ve tried it on, whether i use full paths or not. i typically get one of the random “BACKUP ERROR: #”‘s or that 20 byte file when trying to gzip. it only works on my local testing server which pretty much renders it useless to me. others clearly have no issues with it though. just seems to vary host to host.

on a separate note, not to be another “but EE can do this” touter, but the built-in db backup found in expressionengine works just fine on the same servers i’ve tested rss_admin_db_manager on. so it seems like there could be a more universal solution for txp as well?

Last edited by iblastoff (2007-11-16 21:38:51)

#163 2007-11-16 21:54:22

candyman

Many thanks, iblastoff!
I’ve made a step forward: now, with the full path, for mysqldump and mysql I obtain this:

BACKUP FAILED. ERROR NO: 127

And now? :/

#164 2007-11-16 22:03:31

candyman

Oops: it means it can’t find the executable…

Tried with: /usr/bin/mysqldump and /usr/bin/mysql and returned to ERROR NO.2.

It’s a problem: this plugin is VERY important for me.

#165 2007-11-16 22:13:58

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

then you have the wrong paths. look at your host documentation, ask your host, or check via ssh (if you have access) for the correct executable path for your host. no guarantee it will work after that though (never worked for me)

#166 2007-11-17 09:01:32

candyman

iblastoff wrote:

the complete path depends on your webhost.

personally i have had 0% success using this plugin on the various hosts i’ve tried it on, whether i use full paths or not. i typically get one of the random “BACKUP ERROR: #”‘s or that 20 byte file when trying to gzip. it only works on my local testing server which pretty much renders it useless to me. others clearly have no issues with it though. just seems to vary host to host.

For me worked well every time. The first thing I did when, recently, I’ve changed hosting was to try it: made a flawless backup. Then I added js, other plugin and write some posts… Apparently without any reason it stopped working. Now I’d like to correct it before reinstalling all for the nth time… :(

Any suggestion to make an error-free backup without using this plugin? A save all and replace using MySql may work? I say so ‘cause sometimes I get lost with all the options (I don’t know which to choose… e.g.: drop table and so on…) and the ASCII sets.

:(

#167 2007-11-17 10:03:54

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

#168 2007-11-18 11:07:13

candyman

My host told me the right path (/usr/bin/mysql) but told me that the mysql server isn’t the same where the php pages are: may this be the problem?

p.s.: thanks iblastoff, I remembered it but I thought it was in the same topic and didn’t find it anymore :/

Last edited by candyman (2007-11-18 12:54:17)

Board footer