You are not logged in.
Try updating to the latest in the 4.0 branch, it fixes some feed problems, including (probably) this one.
Also, you can help out here.
Last edited by zem (2005-09-29 01:26:23)
Well, I tried just updating the atom file, but that broke my feeds completely. I think I’m going to try a saner upgrade to the latest, in hopes that that might solve all the problems.
So, for the record, yesterday we updated to the latest-and-greatest of everything, and the symptoms remain. I’m going to poke around in the Feedburner forums when I get time, there might be more insights in there. But sadly, I’m still getting the full text of entities like & #8217; instead of the curly apostrophe. It only seems to happen on that one entity, actually, it doesn’t happen with curly quotes or anything else, although it might happen with em dashes… Nuts!
So, for the record, yesterday we updated to the latest-and-greatest of everything, and the symptoms remain.
Could be that the old feed is cached. Post a new article or save your preferences.
Good suggestions… I did change the preferences several times after upgrading, and posted a new article this morning and found the same problem occurring. I also searched the FeedBurner forums, to no avail.
OK, for the record, I took FeedBurner out of the mix and the problem persists. I see it on every feed reader I’ve tried on my Mac (haven’t tested on a PC) … the feed itself is at http://www.needmoredesigns.com/notes/?atom=1 and the FeedBurner URL is http://feeds.feedburner.com/NeedmoreNotes … I see the same thing on both.
In fact, my latest post is a perfect example of the problem. There are two right curly apostrophes. The first shows up as & #8217; and the second one shows up as a correct curly apostrophe, in the same feed. This is on TextPattern running 4.0.1 (r888), PHP 4.3.2, MySQL 3.23.58, locale en_US.UTF-8, Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat).
I’m also running Noboto.com on TextPattern 4.0.2, which has the same problems. In fact, if you subscribe to that one in iTunes 6, its post body shows up with entities like “& amp; #8220;” (spaces in there so it doesn’t escape out) which is just madness.
So as far as I can tell, the problem does indeed lie with TextPattern. As I mentioned elsewhere in these forums, the problem happens when I read the official TextPattern RSS feed on my feed reader, so it’s not just me…