Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2005-07-07 22:22:47

jenpasch

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] chh_article_custom

Does anyone know if this nifty plugin will work with messy links?
I am trying to specify an alternative comment_form and it isnt working. It just defaults to the default. Could it be because I am only specifying an article form and not an article-list form?

cheers!

#62 2005-07-09 16:49:32

santheo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ve had to update this plugin to work with RC3. Here’s how to make the permlinks work properly:

Comment out this line:
<code>$out[‘permlink’] = formatPermLink($ID, $Section);</code>

and replace it with:
<code>$out[‘permlink’] = permlinkurl_id($ID);</code>

Then, in both places where you see the following line:
<code>$article = doPermlink($article, $out[‘permlink’], $Title, $url_title);</code>

Comment it out entirely.

To fix the date formatting, comment out these lines:
<code>
if ($comments_dateformat == ‘since’) { $comment_time = since($time + $timeoffset);
} else { $comment_time = date($comments_dateformat, $time + $timeoffset);
}
</code>

and replace it with:
<code>
if ($comments_dateformat == “since”) { $comment_time = since($time + tz_offset());
} else { $comment_time = safe_strftime($comments_dateformat,$time);
}
</code>

I think that’s everything. If you encounter problems, let me know.

Last edited by santheo (2005-07-09 16:51:59)

#63 2005-07-11 03:02:08

alicson
Website

santheo! thank you so much for doing this! :) :)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#64 2005-07-24 13:19:32

TimTops

This is looks like a great plugin, thanks for the hard work. My only problem is that I really need it to support Textile…

I’m using the plugin to turn comments off. I have two articles on a page, one in the main body and one on the right-hand side. I want comments for the body, but not for the right-hand side. It seems amazing that it’s not possible to do this as standard.

Anyone know how to get around this?

#65 2005-08-03 17:42:14

bit
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’m getting <code>Notice: Undefined index: authorid in E:\web\html\admu\textpattern\publish\taghandlers.php on line 946</code> errors in RC5. I guess resulting from this error, my articles don’t show the author’s name anymore.

The plugin’s a little too long for me to run through and I’m not too keen with TXP code itself so I’d like to avoid trying to fix something I’m not familiar with.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

“The neighboring marshmallow factory fared no better, having been unable to absorb the incredible pressure wave.”

#66 2005-11-09 11:35:43

boblet

Hi All,

I’m trying to make an article list for articles that are in two categories. The multiple categories attribute is treated as OR, but I’d like them to be treated as AND. ie category=“cat1,cat2” gives all articles in cat1 or cat 2, but I’m after only the articles that are in both cat1 and cat2.

Does anyone have any advice? Even a line number in the code for where this happens would help ;-)

TIA

peace – boblet

update: I worked it out – just one word needed changing

Last edited by boblet (2005-11-12 12:55:52)

#67 2005-12-01 06:05:04

takshaka
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Okay, I have awakened from my long, deep slumber to finally update chh_article_custom. My apologies to everyone whose posts and emails fell on deaf ears while I was somewhat unplugged from the world.

This happy circumstance comes with a price, however. I have excised a great deal of code and responsibility from the plugin, returning all single-article handling back to Txp (including all of the custom-comments stuff). Some of the other old list-mode features — including most txp:article-style “magic” — have also been removed, though perhaps not permanently. I will probably be adding a companion tag, chh_article, that can handle search queries and pagination, with a default behavior more like txp:article.

In the meantime, the lovable ol’ section and category handling features remain, very slightly tweaked and enhanced. Plus, the AND logic boblet was searching for has been added. Though the plugin’s primary raison d’etre is to serve as an enhanced txp:article_custom, it can still replace txp:article in many circumstances.

So, here ‘tis: chh_article_custom v1.0: The Next Generation

Let the bugs flow forth and devour the fruits of my labor!

#68 2005-12-01 08:14:37

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

hey!!! do I see sub-categories been suported???!!!. Was looking forward to this one!. Will be giving it a try.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#69 2005-12-02 14:25:51

boblet

> takshaka wrote:

> Plus, the AND logic boblet was searching for

nice! It’s always great getting personal service from plugin makers ;-) Now if only I could get the other 10 people whose plugins I use to be as forthcoming! Even if they just commented their code like you do…

thanks again – it’s all working fine here

peace – oli

#70 2005-12-09 22:45:07

aboswell

This would be a great plugin for me, if I could get it to work. I have TXP 4.0.1 and this is my code:
<code>
<txp:chh_article_custom listform=“options_list” section=“options” category=“pro_series&standard” />
</code>

When I run it, though, this is what is returned:
<code>
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: numrows() in /hsphere/local/home/kfeller/hydeoutdoors.com/boats/new/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 239
</code>

If I change the listform to form, I just get the title of the “sticky” article that is being called. I don’t have this in a article form, it is on a page that is calling a sticky article and two sets of category lists. Here is that code:
<code>
<txp:article_custom section=“options” category=“pro_series” form=“options_sticky” status=“sticky” />
<hr />
<p>Standard</p>
<txp:chh_article_custom listform=“options_list” section=“options” category=“pro_series&standard” />
<p>Optional</p>
<txp:chh_article_custom listform=“options_list” section=“options” category=“pro_series&optional” />
</code>

Please, if there is anyone who can help.

#71 2005-12-10 03:39:38

takshaka
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Ah, the plugin is actually based off of Txp 4.0.2. They snuck in a new function after 4.0.1 to help with the fancy if_first_article/if_last_article tags; that’s what broke it.

Anyway, here’s an updated plugin that should work:

#72 2005-12-10 09:10:05

andreizinca

Hello!

Although wonderful, it seems that your plugin is broking the search results.
For example, <code>?q=search-text</code> is returning the same thing as the frontpage.

What sould i do?

Thank you!

Last edited by andreizinca (2005-12-10 09:45:30)

Board footer