Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2024-05-06 18:34:01

Ace

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘Trace’ not found

Warning: include(/textpattern/lib/class.trace.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /index.php on line 50

Warning: include(): Failed opening ‘/textpattern/lib/class.trace.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in /index.php on line 50

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class “Trace” not found in /index.php:51 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/blog/index.php on line 51

https://postimg.cc/bDYqXCVT

The file is definitely there. Everything is owned by apache, 755.

I fixed it by changing the textpattern directory name back to the default, even without changing the txtpath in config.php back to the default. So either that configuration isn’t working as it should, or I completely misunderstood it.

Last edited by Ace (2024-05-06 18:34:30)

#2 2024-05-06 20:27:35

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘Trace’ not found

Hi Ace and welcome!

Not sure if I understood you fully, but your txpath site path does have to be:

$txpcfg['txpath'] = '/path/to/your/public-folder/textpattern';

with index.php, css.php, .htaccess and the /files/, /images/ and /themes/ folders residing in the public-folder. You can’t change the name of the /textpattern/ admin folder with the regular setup.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2024-05-06 20:30:41

Ace

I just like to change the URL of the login page as a security measure. So I changed the name of the folder and changed the txpath in the config.php file to match it. But I suppose that isn’t supported in textpattern.

#4 2024-05-07 08:01:36

jakob
Admin
Website

Yes, I hear where you’re coming from. It’s currently not possible by renaming the directory, but see this thread and this tip from many years ago.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer