Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2024-02-08 04:44:56

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

self closing slash in html elements

Thanks so much for updating textile and the txp tags to remove the self closing slash from html elements such as meta, br, img, etc.

What I’m not sure of, is how we can update our current Body_html column in the textpattern table (in our case 1,966 posts), to comply to the new html standards.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2024-02-08 07:13:12

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: self closing slash in html elements

There’s sed_textile_upgrade which will retextile all your posts. It takes a little while to work through all the posts, especially on a large site.

While it makes a copy of your previous textpattern table for safekeeping, please do make a database backup before you start.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2024-02-08 12:38:32

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Unfortunately, libxml2 parser used in php dom does not (yet) implement html5. Don’t complain if etc_query stops working :-)

#4 2024-02-08 16:22:28

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

etc wrote #336583:

Unfortunately, libxml2 parser used in php dom does not (yet) implement html5. Don’t complain if etc_query stops working :-)

I was actually thinking of using that, but it would mean that articles would need to be parsed each time. I was trying to find a more permanent solution.

jakob wrote #336579:

There’s sed_textile_upgrade which will retextile all your posts. It takes a little while to work through all the posts, especially on a large site.

While it makes a copy of your previous textpattern table for safekeeping, please do make a database backup before you start.

Thanks so much. That’s going to be a time saver!

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer