Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2023-07-04 05:07:12

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Webbrowsing in a Spatial Computing environment

Jim Nielsen, Thoughts from “Meet Safari for Spatial Computing”, or “how Safari works on the new visionOS”. It includes a link to a Apple video from this years’ WWDC (worth watching on a larger size display).

tl;dr just keeping doing what responsive web design and accessibility experts have advocated for years.

or, “it just works” – as long as you use standard HTML.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#2 2023-07-04 15:34:48

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Webbrowsing in a Spatial Computing environment

I’m just wondering how a $3,500 personal device can benefit anyone. Also, all those cameras and other hardware features makes it prone to failures, some most of which will make the device unusable.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2023-07-05 04:02:38

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Webbrowsing in a Spatial Computing environment

I am old enough to remember the oh so similar comments about the Lisa, or about that flat piece of glass in your pocket and some others.

I also remember watching an anime series on NHK Saturday kids hour, slightly dystopian story about young teens in a big city. They used a computer-like device consisting of a wristwatch like device that projected a hologram like display – internet access, (video) chat, mapping… and also 3D placing of objects in close-by contexts.
Some of the gestures used to work with that device were strikingly similar to gestures used in that VisionOS device.

That was some ~18 years ago, we think. Neither my partner nor I can remember the name of the series, sadly.

Granted that device looked much less dorky than a slab of glass in front of your eyes.

–^–

I am also much more interested in the (conceptual) possibilities of this type of ‘device’ than the actual object itself in its current incarnation.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

Board footer